Double Doppler

Wobbling lightbars on some police slots?

After the forced update, I’ve noticed some police car slots have ‘wobbling’ lightbars and misc parts, but not all? The vehicles used in all the slots are ELS enabled and from similar authors, so it wouldn’t be an individual model bug. Basically, when moving or even sometimes when stationary, the lightbars on the police models ‘wobble’ as if they were antennae in the wind. 

This is is very strange and doing my head in. Anyone had a similar issue? 

11 minutes ago, Double Doppler said:

After the forced update, I’ve noticed some police car slots have ‘wobbling’ lightbars and misc parts, but not all? The vehicles used in all the slots are ELS enabled and from similar authors, so it wouldn’t be an individual model bug. Basically, when moving or even sometimes when stationary, the lightbars on the police models ‘wobble’ as if they were antennae in the wind. 

This is is very strange and doing my head in. Anyone had a similar issue? 

Check if the cars required a caravariations.meta carcols.meta that might have messed up the lights with the new update.

Edited by Pavy

10 hours ago, flwpheonix said:

Had this happen before. If I remember correctly, it had to do with GTA V seeing and or reading one of the models. I believe it was the non _hi model.

How did you fix it?

40 minutes ago, Double Doppler said:

How did you fix it?

Which patchday are you putting the vehicles into? The latest one? For example in my mods folder I only have patchday18 and mpchristmas2. Try removing any patchday folders you are not using from your mods folder, and making sure you have both .yft and _hi.yft in the latest patchday . Make sense?

58 minutes ago, flwpheonix said:

Which patchday are you putting the vehicles into? The latest one? For example in my mods folder I only have patchday18 and mpchristmas2. Try removing any patchday folders you are not using from your mods folder, and making sure you have both .yft and _hi.yft in the latest patchday . Make sense?

I’m using my own dlc folder with overwrite setting higher than the latest dlc, and both the hi and regular are in the vehicles.img

Edited by Double Doppler

8 hours ago, Double Doppler said:

I’m using my own dlc folder with overwrite setting higher than the latest dlc, and both the hi and regular are in the vehicles.img

Honestly. that might be the issue. Try using a patchday folder and see if it does the same thing. If it doesn't, then it has something to do with the custom DLC folder. I don't use those so I cannot say for certain.

May I ask why you are using a custom DLC folder in the first place? Not being a jerk or anything, just curious.

1 hour ago, flwpheonix said:

Honestly. that might be the issue. Try using a patchday folder and see if it does the same thing. If it doesn't, then it has something to do with the custom DLC folder. I don't use those so I cannot say for certain.

May I ask why you are using a custom DLC folder in the first place? Not being a jerk or anything, just curious.

I’m using a custom DLC folder because constantly keeping up with patchday switches is really obnoxious and I have a lot of mods I use to keep the game interesting for my viewers. It’s worked with no issues so far, only thing is this recent issue which is really strange. Seems not to be slot specific but more model specific since the same car has the same issue when placed in another slot. 

7 minutes ago, flwpheonix said:

Any time...too bad we couldn't figure out the problem!

It’s super strange because I’ve since reverted to 1365 and there’s no lightbar issues whatsoever, seems to only be with the latest patch and certain vehicle models

Ive seen on some other threads that "I encountered this today with one of my models...Found the culplrit to be a copy of chassis in the hierarchy. " - from flwpheonix what ever he means by that 

5 minutes ago, TSG. said:

Ive seen on some other threads that "I encountered this today with one of my models...Found the culplrit to be a copy of chassis in the hierarchy. " - from flwpheonix what ever he means by that 

It means that in zmodeler I had accidentally had a copy of the chassis in my hierarchy, which caused everything to wobble like described.