Pavy

PSA:GTA V Updates 12/11/18 PLEASE BACKUP YOUR DATA

Public Service Announcement

On December 11th 2018, there will be new DLC content for GTA V (Anywhere from 6-10 hours from the time of this posting it will update)

PLEASE Backup your update.rpf using the Ragepluginhook Settings. It will Allow you to revert back your game to a previous game version that you backed up.

This is so you will not have to wait days for Rage and ScripthookV to update.

Edit: Update released. 4.4 GB Patch

Version is 1604

Here is a youtube guide on how to back up
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soRdTGEIjJk

Edited by Pavy

You can also look here for information on backing up your game -

51 minutes ago, UnknownBastion said:

Could Rockstar like stop with this? I am so over all this new DLC. 

I'm half surprised and half not surprised they are still doing this.  Rockstar wants to milk the fuck out of GTAO for as long as possible, and it makes me wonder what they are going to do come GTA VI.  Either they will shut down GTAO on GTA V, or they will try to milk online from V and VI.

1 minute ago, Giordano said:

You can also look here for information on backing up your game -

I'm half surprised and half not surprised they are still doing this.  Rockstar wants to milk the fuck out of GTAO for as long as possible, and it makes me wonder what they are going to do come GTA VI.  Either they will shut down GTAO on GTA V, or they will try to milk online from V and VI.

Most likely. I really hope they stop, cause having to add all my addon vehicles back in each time is annoying. YEs, I know I can revert to an older version. But, sadly, I have that Rockstar auto update on, and I can't be bothered to disable it. Maybe one day though. Lol. 

2 minutes ago, UnknownBastion said:

Most likely. I really hope they stop, cause having to add all my addon vehicles back in each time is annoying. YEs, I know I can revert to an older version. But, sadly, I have that Rockstar auto update on, and I can't be bothered to disable it. Maybe one day though. Lol. 

You're making life harder on yourself, lol.  I refuse to ever update unless forced (IE new computer, or something corrupts beyond repair).  I'll constantly back my stuff up.

5 minutes ago, Giordano said:

You're making life harder on yourself, lol.  I refuse to ever update unless forced (IE new computer, or something corrupts beyond repair).  I'll constantly back my stuff up.

I know. And I am going to have Pavy assist me with it. This a field that I need to learn, and expand my knowledge.

Edited by UnknownBastion

10 minutes ago, UnknownBastion said:

I know. And I am going to have Pavy assist me with it. This a field that I need to learn, and expand my knowledge.

That's not necessary, it's very, very easy.  I go by the same method in this thread.  

Back up the update.rpf in the vanilla update folder, back up GTA 5.exe and GTAVLauncher.  (ignore bright taxi sign folder)

776d44d0ac7825943bfc44cc5a1caeff.png

2 minutes ago, Giordano said:

That's not necessary, it's very, very easy.  I go by the same method in this thread.  

Back up the update.rpf in the vanilla update folder, back up GTA 5.exe and GTAVLauncher.  (ignore bright taxi sign folder)

Rage's backup feature already does this with 1 click. There is no need to go digging through files to copy  and back them up.

Just now, Pavy said:

Rage's backup feature already does this with 1 click. There is no need to go digging through files to copy  and back them up.

It's not 'digging through' files, and it's a very simple copy. paste them in a folder, and when you need to, drag and drop in the main folder.  This way you know for sure your back up is safe and there to use whenever. 

It's all about whatever the person wants to do and thinks is better for them. 

Please stop asking Rockstar to not release more content for GTA Online, I still play that game damnit! And maybe one day, they'll release a balance update and all will be well in the world.

"Don't quote me on that" - ineseri

I'm happy I never really have to deal with this thanks to FiveM and not really having to update GTA V often. However, should I start playing singleplayer on a more normal base, I'm sure this is going to be a major PITA.

RipplyTiger151
911 Dispatcher - Thin Gold Line 

Aspiring Deputy - Thin Blue Line

8 hours ago, ineseri said:

Please stop asking Rockstar to not release more content for GTA Online, I still play that game damnit! And maybe one day, they'll release a balance update and all will be well in the world.

You're the reason they keep releasing updates.

Members, please aim your spears towards him!