Niedosik

Former U.S. President George H.W. Bush has died at the age of 94.

Former U.S. President George H.W. Bush has died at the age of 94, his son George W Bush has announced.

George Bush Sr passed away at 22:10 local time on Friday (04:10 GMT Saturday), a family spokesperson said.

He served as the 41st US president between 1989 and 1993, his term defined by the end of the Cold War and the first Iraq war against Saddam Hussein.

george-h-w-bush-flag-portrait-gty-jc-180416_hpMain_1_12x5_992.jpg.712b4b513baa741824ddd51505887e88.jpg

Bush's health had been failing in recent years but he still managed to make public appearances.

In April, he was admitted to hospital with a blood infection but had since been discharged.

President Bush died seven months after his wife, Barbara.

Original article: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-46410225

Edited by Niedosik

President Bush died seven months after his wife, Barbara.

Whenever I see something like this, I can't help but wonder if losing their loved one helped in their death.  RIP

On 12/1/2018 at 12:44 AM, Giordano said:

Whenever I see something like this, I can't help but wonder if losing their loved one helped in their death.  RIP

There have been cases I believe where someone has died due to a broken heart. It is called Broken Heart Syndrome, and some people speculate that that was the cause of death for Debbie Reynolds. 

8 hours ago, UnknownBastion said:

There have been cases I believe where someone has died due to a broken heart. It is called Broken Heart Syndrome, and some people speculate that that was the cause of death for Debbie Reynolds. 

That's what I was getting at initially. 🙂    If he had died a few days or weeks later, it'd 100% be Broken Heart Syndrome., but since it has been several months, it's hard to say if it was BHS or just his time.

12 hours ago, UnknownBastion said:

On 12/1/2018 at 3:44 AM, Giordano said:

When my one neighbor died, his wife passed away about 8 months later.

When my aunt died, my grandmother (father's side) had passed away about 3 months later [due to a heart attack].

And finally after my grandfather (mom's side) passed away, his mother in law [my grandmother's mom (again, mom's side)] passed away 6 months later.

I definitely think it had something to play. I mean granted, he wasn't looking so good anyhow, but still.

Edited by Niedosik

9 hours ago, Giordano said:

That's what I was getting at initially. 🙂    If he had died a few days or weeks later, it'd 100% be Broken Heart Syndrome., but since it has been several months, it's hard to say if it was BHS or just his time.

That is true.