Fhsig13

ELS Environmental Lighting Question

Evening, 

I've been trying to help Walters fix the ENV Lighting for RCMP Mega Pack, and now it seems that he's vanished off the face of the earth. The issue at hand is that originally his ENV Lighting did not flood in front of the vehicles, only to the back and to the sides. I recently discovered that by changing slicktop=false to slicktop=true in the VCF files reversed the issue. Now the ENV lights flood in front of the vehicle and only to the front, save for small patches to the sides, and the amber traffic direction lights to the rear. What we'd both like is red and blue flooding on all sides, plus the amber to the rear. The extras and emissives are there, it's just that we can't figure out why the X, Y, and Z values aren't working out despite many attempts. Any help would be much appreciated, as we're over a month into this. Our X, Y, and Z values for all vehicles are as follows: 

Spoiler

<Extra01 IsElsControlled="true" AllowEnvLight="true" Color="red" OffsetX="-0.70" OffsetY="0.20" OffsetZ="0.50" />
        <Extra02 IsElsControlled="true" AllowEnvLight="true" Color="blue" OffsetX="-0.25" OffsetY="0.20" OffsetZ="0.50" />
        <Extra03 IsElsControlled="true" AllowEnvLight="true" Color="blue" OffsetX="0.25" OffsetY="0.20" OffsetZ="0.50" />
        <Extra04 IsElsControlled="true" AllowEnvLight="true" Color="blue" OffsetX="0.70" OffsetY="0.20" OffsetZ="0.50" />
        <Extra05 IsElsControlled="true" AllowEnvLight="true" Color="red" OffsetX="-0.70" OffsetY="-0.20" OffsetZ="0.50" />
        <Extra06 IsElsControlled="true" AllowEnvLight="true" Color="blue" OffsetX="0.70" OffsetY="-0.20" OffsetZ="0.50" />
        <Extra07 IsElsControlled="true" AllowEnvLight="true" Color="amber" OffsetX="-0.40" OffsetY="-0.80" OffsetZ="0.40" />
        <Extra08 IsElsControlled="true" AllowEnvLight="true" Color="amber" OffsetX="0.00" OffsetY="-0.80" OffsetZ="0.40" />
        <Extra09 IsElsControlled="true" AllowEnvLight="true" Color="amber" OffsetX="0.40" OffsetY="-0.80" OffsetZ="0.40" />
        <Extra10 IsElsControlled="false" />
        <Extra11 IsElsControlled="false" />
        <Extra12 IsElsControlled="false" />
    </EOVERRIDE>

Hi Fhsig13,

When making GTA 5 ELS models, you create something called a dummy. You might be having issues because the dummy is not facing the right way. I'd recommend that you check out the dummies on the model to see whether this is the case (if you make any changes to the model, try using the original VCF first). If Walters has become unreachable then you might have an issue getting into the vehicle model files!

21 minutes ago, WillUnderscore said:

Hi Fhsig13,

When making GTA 5 ELS models, you create something called a dummy. You might be having issues because the dummy is not facing the right way. I'd recommend that you check out the dummies on the model to see whether this is the case (if you make any changes to the model, try using the original VCF first). If Walters has become unreachable then you might have an issue getting into the vehicle model files!

Hey WillUnderscore, 

Thank you for your response. I did consider incorrect dummy direction as a possible issue before, however Walters maintained that he had placed all of his dummies correctly, up until he vanished. Would you happen to know of any other possible reason why the ENV lighting might not flood correctly? 

I'm not particularly experienced when it comes to modelling, so there might be other issues. But from my experience, I'd say its either an issue with the direction of the dummies, or the ELS VCF needs some serious work. 

Questions to consider:

• Are other people experiencing this issue (i.e. is it your system rather than the models)?
  • What happens if you rotate the dummies 180°? how does it compare with what you're expecting?
  • Try using the default ELS VCF and seeing what the outcome is. Compare this with your own modified VCF. You could also try looking at a similar model's VCF and see what happens when you try to use it in game.

Okay. It seems as though I am not the only one that's had the issue, as others have commented on the upload, complaining of the same. Walters himself has also admitted that it happens to him too. Secondly, I don't have access to the models, so I can't mess with the dummies unfortunately. Lastly, I will try the default VCF at some point and see what happens.