Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Sad to see you go, but I totally get it and agree. And I hope some things are done by the higher ups here to fix some of the issues mentioned here. This is a HUGE loss to this website. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another great modeler/texturer/whatever 😛 you get the point - ANOTHER GREAT PERSON struck down by the toxicity of this (as of late) shit community. I've seen the rude comments and I've even seen some rude authors and it's just a load of crap. Jennings, like many others, I am a fan of your work and I pray to see you back in the future. Definitely joining your discord, and if there's any further help you need beit testing, advice, whatever just send me a Discord DM. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sad to see someone who seems to be very well respected in the community leaving. 

I can't really speak for the moderation side of the site anymore, but when I was in the position willpv23 is in now, I always appreciated getting some concrete pointers about what is wrong with the site, who is doing these wrongdoings and what we can do to improve ourselves and the site. 

 

Regarding the toxicity, I agree to some extent. Sadly, it's always been there and probably always will be there somehow. It seems to be this game that brings out the worse in some people. I've also been in this scene for a long time, and it's been better but we also have to remember: It's been worse. A lot worse. 

 

Enjoy your time away, it's probably healthy 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, ineseri said:

Sad to see someone who seems to be very well respected in the community leaving. 

I can't really speak for the moderation side of the site anymore, but when I was in the position willpv23 is in now, I always appreciated getting some concrete pointers about what is wrong with the site, who is doing these wrongdoings and what we can do to improve ourselves and the site. 

 

Regarding the toxicity, I agree to some extent. Sadly, it's always been there and probably always will be there somehow. It seems to be this game that brings out the worse in some people. I've also been in this scene for a long time, and it's been better but we also have to remember: It's been worse. A lot worse. 

 

Enjoy your time away, it's probably healthy 🙂

I’d miss having you back in all honesty. One of my favorite kinds of staff members. Much love ineseri! 

12 hours ago, T. Jennings said:

LSPDFR Community and Whomever it may Concern,

 

I've been around this site for a hot minute. I like to think I generally know what I'm doing when it comes to skin designing, among other things that have to do with GTA modding. In my time here, I've released exactly 81 files in just over a year of membership. That's more than most members here. I'm not saying I'm better, more qualified, or more talented than anyone else here, but I will say I have worked very hard to bring this community quality work the entire time I've been here. As of November 7th, 2018, the entirety of my file library will no longer be available on LCPDFR.

 

Why I'm no longer sharing my files here:

 

Rude & disrespectful members: 

Since starting this adventure about a year ago, I've met quite a few great people. Helpful people who give constructive feedback on my work. I've also come across people who have no regard for my intense effort to make high quality work. I've had people rip my designs, screenshots and abuse the LCPDFR review system because they didn't like my response to their rude comments, reviews, etc. For example, humans are not perfect, we all miss a few errors. If one of my screenshots has a bit too much saturation, I probably missed it, there's no need to leave a one star paragraph long essay on how much that one picture sucks. Then when I reply with something you don't like, you go and one star all of my other files, which is real mature. This is why we all can't get along, and it's annoying because if we could just learn to give constructive feedback, this wouldn't be an issue.

 

Staff have treated members poorly:

In the instance I heard about, a modeler I know of was treated unreasonably poorly by a member of the LCPDFR staff. I'm not here to stir more stuff up, but come on! I'm not getting into the specifics, because that's between the member and staff, but what I will say, being on the staff of a pretty large website, you should hold yourself to a higher standard. Don't curse people out because they let you know about something of concern on the site, instead, look at it in a professional manner - and deal with it in a professional manner. This isn't all of the staff, by the way. I have had many positive encounters with site staff, and they are great people!

 

Lack of substantial new things:

Yes, I understand that 0.4 is in development, near release and all. That being said, we've had the same general call-outs, scripts and such for a pretty extended amount of time. 0.3 brought many new and exiting things to this community when it was released in July 2016. Since then, we've seen the same tactics, maneuvers, and bugs over and over again. From the players' side, this should be understandable - as we all want new things to put in our game. From the developers' side, the prolonged wait is also understandable, adding many new things to the update that look like big mechanical changes. Adding ambient crimes, additional player/ped customization, menu options, etc. While this is all very cool, I personally don't think it takes 2 years to develop this. I've seen mods like "Stop The Ped" and "Interaction +" come out and be updated in a much shorter amount of time, and those plugins are considerably similar to the previewed content of the LSPDFR 0.4 release. I also understand the developers are making this in their own time, with little to no financial support. I know I'm not the only member who feels this way about the updates, or lack thereof.

 

Stolen & misused content:

I'm a pretty generous person. I don't charge you for me to design a skin going to a public release or to help develop something to better the community. But, when I'm generous enough to make you textures or something of the sort, I expect you to ask me before modifying the file I made you, I also expect credit for my work as well. I've had multiple occasions on this site where I make something for someone else, and they have either posted it without my permission, modified it without my permission, or sold it without my permission. Yeah, yeah - the site admin doesn't condone any form of financial transactions.... All I'm saying is, it's really not that hard to ask to do something with my work. Most of the time I'll let you post it, modify it, whatever, I just want to know you're doing so. But, when you don't credit me, and ignore my requests for credit for my own work - it makes me pretty angry.  

 

Members are just ugly to each other:

I've been involved in, seen and heard of so much "drama" within this community. Why? We all literally make stuff for a $60 video game. What happens is one person gets too confident about their work, then other people get upset with that person, and arguments arise. It happens in intervals, too. It's a different set of people every time. When this happens, people just leave because they get fed up with this crap. It's like a country's revolution. In this case, it keeps happening over and over again. I'm sure i'm not the first one to point these problems out, but seriously, we all need to see that we have a common goal, and drop all of the pre-existing grudges - AND WORK TOGETHER!

 

Finishing, I'm really not going after anybody, I don't want to start any drama. I wrote this and cleared my files because I want to see some positive change here. We're all getting tired of this toxic crap, and quite frankly, I don't think I'll be the only one to leave because of this. I think we would all like to see an improvement in how we treat each other. I'll be honest, there have been a few instances where I was somewhat rude to other members, but from those instances, I learned that it's only counter-productive to act that way. This will 110% be mis-understood, but just to be safe and repeat myself for the third time - I'm not targeting any single person in this post, I'm making this post because I want people to realize we need a positive change here, and hopefully this will help make people realize that.

 

Closing: Thank you to all the people who helped me get where I am today. I'm not going offline, I'm just leaving this site. I'll still be on Discord and such. Again, thanks to the following people for their support, kind words and such, it doesn't go unnoticed.

  Reveal hidden contents

 

- Thin Blue Designs team - giving feedback & resources

- Members, admin, mods of the LSPDFR Fans Discord - lovely conversations about whatever

- Not AJ - features in videos, IV help, etc.

- Walters - Collaboration on vehicle packs

- Prodigy - advice on visuals, awesome textures

- Maurice97 - Admin on your Discord & quality models

- YoNotAJDougrianHusky1637WaltersHPDRMaurice97JenningsFelicoftheSam (you know who you are lol)

 

 

If you'd like to keep up with my development of mods, you may join my Discord: 

 

 

Regards,

T. Jennings

I don’t blame you, man. Save travels. Discord is a better way, unfortunately. Your textures are godly, bud 👍 Sad to see this die down.

Edited by Giordano

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, T. Jennings said:

 

Staff have treated members poorly:

In the instance I heard about, a modeler I know of was treated unreasonably poorly by a member of the LCPDFR staff. I'm not here to stir more stuff up, but come on! I'm not getting into the specifics, because that's between the member and staff, but what I will say, being on the staff of a pretty large website, you should hold yourself to a higher standard. Don't curse people out because they let you know about something of concern on the site, instead, look at it in a professional manner - and deal with it in a professional manner. This isn't all of the staff, by the way. I have had many positive encounters with site staff, and they are great people!

 

 

  Reveal hidden contents

 

- Thin Blue Designs team - giving feedback & resources

- Members, admin, mods of the LSPDFR Fans Discord - lovely conversations about whatever

- Not AJ - features in videos, IV help, etc.

- Walters - Collaboration on vehicle packs

- Prodigy - advice on visuals, awesome textures

- Maurice97 - Admin on your Discord & quality models

- YoNotAJDougrianHusky1637WaltersHPDRMaurice97JenningsFelicoftheSam (you know who you are lol)

 

 

All I'm going to say from this front is that if you yourself have not been mistreated by staff, it's probably best not to post hearsay about it happening. For all you know that member could've broken rules and been disgruntled, deciding to cry abuse - which does happen.

 

Please don't stir the pot, especially when it's a third party claiming and there's no proof to back it up.  The last thing we need are people falsely believing staff are dicks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Giordano said:

 

All I'm going to say from this front is that if you yourself have not been mistreated by staff, it's probably best not to post hearsay about it happening. For all you know that member could've broken rules and been disgruntled, deciding to cry abuse - which does happen.

 

Please don't stir the pot, especially when it's a third party claiming and there's no proof to back it up.  The last thing we need are people falsely believing staff are dicks.

I clearly said most of the staff are good people. I'm not stirring the pot. All I'm saying is, the poor choices of staff is a credible reason for me leaving. I have the full story of what happened, I wouldn't post something like this being uninformed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, T. Jennings said:

LSPDFR Community and Whomever it may Concern,

 

I've been around this site for a hot minute. I like to think I generally know what I'm doing when it comes to skin designing, among other things that have to do with GTA modding. In my time here, I've released exactly 81 files in just over a year of membership. That's more than most members here. I'm not saying I'm better, more qualified, or more talented than anyone else here, but I will say I have worked very hard to bring this community quality work the entire time I've been here. As of November 7th, 2018, the entirety of my file library will no longer be available on LCPDFR.

 

Why I'm no longer sharing my files here:

 

Rude & disrespectful members: 

Since starting this adventure about a year ago, I've met quite a few great people. Helpful people who give constructive feedback on my work. I've also come across people who have no regard for my intense effort to make high quality work. I've had people rip my designs, screenshots and abuse the LCPDFR review system because they didn't like my response to their rude comments, reviews, etc. For example, humans are not perfect, we all miss a few errors. If one of my screenshots has a bit too much saturation, I probably missed it, there's no need to leave a one star paragraph long essay on how much that one picture sucks. Then when I reply with something you don't like, you go and one star all of my other files, which is real mature. This is why we all can't get along, and it's annoying because if we could just learn to give constructive feedback, this wouldn't be an issue.

 

Staff have treated members poorly:

In the instance I heard about, a modeler I know of was treated unreasonably poorly by a member of the LCPDFR staff. I'm not here to stir more stuff up, but come on! I'm not getting into the specifics, because that's between the member and staff, but what I will say, being on the staff of a pretty large website, you should hold yourself to a higher standard. Don't curse people out because they let you know about something of concern on the site, instead, look at it in a professional manner - and deal with it in a professional manner. This isn't all of the staff, by the way. I have had many positive encounters with site staff, and they are great people!

 

Lack of substantial new things:

Yes, I understand that 0.4 is in development, near release and all. That being said, we've had the same general call-outs, scripts and such for a pretty extended amount of time. 0.3 brought many new and exiting things to this community when it was released in July 2016. Since then, we've seen the same tactics, maneuvers, and bugs over and over again. From the players' side, this should be understandable - as we all want new things to put in our game. From the developers' side, the prolonged wait is also understandable, adding many new things to the update that look like big mechanical changes. Adding ambient crimes, additional player/ped customization, menu options, etc. While this is all very cool, I personally don't think it takes 2 years to develop this. I've seen mods like "Stop The Ped" and "Interaction +" come out and be updated in a much shorter amount of time, and those plugins are considerably similar to the previewed content of the LSPDFR 0.4 release. I also understand the developers are making this in their own time, with little to no financial support. I know I'm not the only member who feels this way about the updates, or lack thereof.

 

Stolen & misused content:

I'm a pretty generous person. I don't charge you for me to design a skin going to a public release or to help develop something to better the community. But, when I'm generous enough to make you textures or something of the sort, I expect you to ask me before modifying the file I made you, I also expect credit for my work as well. I've had multiple occasions on this site where I make something for someone else, and they have either posted it without my permission, modified it without my permission, or sold it without my permission. Yeah, yeah - the site admin doesn't condone any form of financial transactions.... All I'm saying is, it's really not that hard to ask to do something with my work. Most of the time I'll let you post it, modify it, whatever, I just want to know you're doing so. But, when you don't credit me, and ignore my requests for credit for my own work - it makes me pretty angry.  

 

Members are just ugly to each other:

I've been involved in, seen and heard of so much "drama" within this community. Why? We all literally make stuff for a $60 video game. What happens is one person gets too confident about their work, then other people get upset with that person, and arguments arise. It happens in intervals, too. It's a different set of people every time. When this happens, people just leave because they get fed up with this crap. It's like a country's revolution. In this case, it keeps happening over and over again. I'm sure i'm not the first one to point these problems out, but seriously, we all need to see that we have a common goal, and drop all of the pre-existing grudges - AND WORK TOGETHER!

 

Finishing, I'm really not going after anybody, I don't want to start any drama. I wrote this and cleared my files because I want to see some positive change here. We're all getting tired of this toxic crap, and quite frankly, I don't think I'll be the only one to leave because of this. I think we would all like to see an improvement in how we treat each other. I'll be honest, there have been a few instances where I was somewhat rude to other members, but from those instances, I learned that it's only counter-productive to act that way. This will 110% be mis-understood, but just to be safe and repeat myself for the third time - I'm not targeting any single person in this post, I'm making this post because I want people to realize we need a positive change here, and hopefully this will help make people realize that.

 

Closing: Thank you to all the people who helped me get where I am today. I'm not going offline, I'm just leaving this site. I'll still be on Discord and such. Again, thanks to the following people for their support, kind words and such, it doesn't go unnoticed.

  Reveal hidden contents

 

- Thin Blue Designs team - giving feedback & resources

- Members, admin, mods of the LSPDFR Fans Discord - lovely conversations about whatever

- Not AJ - features in videos, IV help, etc.

- Walters - Collaboration on vehicle packs

- Prodigy - advice on visuals, awesome textures

- Maurice97 - Admin on your Discord & quality models

- YoNotAJDougrianHusky1637WaltersHPDRMaurice97JenningsFelicoftheSam (you know who you are lol)

 

 

If you'd like to keep up with my development of mods, you may join my Discord: 

 

 

Regards,

T. Jennings

Goodbye Sir, its a shame to see another great content creator gone due to lack of respect given to said creator. You will be missed dearly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sad to see a talent leave. Best to you.

 

Iv always seemed to avoid the community issues by avoiding most of the forums on many a site. Just seems to be how ppl are these days.  Hope you are happy in your new home!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome to the internet i guess. I also had similar problems with toxic people, i just report them and it ends there. Happens everywhere to be honest

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now that iv had the time to properly read the whole thing. I'll add slightly to my previous.

 

The issues that have led you this decision, as you know, are certainly not unique this community. I just wanted to add that I think those problems are also rooted outside of the reasons you've listed and are part of a much larger sociocultural crisis the world in general is facing. And I think to effect that positive change we indeed have to start with the basics and each other. That said I'd recommend continuing to try and stick to the civil ideas you've spoken of as much as you can, none of us are perfect. But my hope is that by trying hard to do so and helping others to do the same, we might slowly start to effect that change on a larger scale.

 

Stay positive!

Edited by Ragnrok

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

See you later.

 

As a designer, you should already know that people will reshare your content, redesign it, etc (with or without credit regardless of what you want, its unfortunate but that's how things are). You don't see Adobe quitting because someone made a similar software to theirs that looks the same, or because someone cracked it. (Photoshop for example https://www.photopea.com/). The review system works as intended as well - your image will be judged based on how you deal with upset "customers" or in this case the members of this community who use your mods aka your reviews could drop on all your products based on how you handle a situation.

I assume you reported those violations to the staff members? If so, did you provide any evidence that you made those skins/mods? Just because something looks the same it doesn't mean that it's your property. 

 

The LSPDFR dev team are pretty generous too that they don't charge us for the mod. Kind of shitty that you're talking shit about the time that it takes and you bring up charging people out of nowhere. Yes, it does take a while and I think we can all agree that we wish that it was faster but it is what it is.

 

I personally haven't witnessed any staff members treating members poorly they might be assertive though. 

 

As for members being ugly to each other... I guess welcome to the Internet? There is nothing that you can really do about that. Some people will always be rude.

 

Just my two cents though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lol whats going on? I see other modders leaving too. Should we fear a massive exodus from this site? Admins, calm the disquieted masses we fear for our gaming experience aaaaaaa 😫 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sam said:

I appreciate you taking the time to write up a lengthy post like this and I think it's healthy for people to be able to express and share their concerns.  With that being said, it looks like some of your criticism is directed towards us as it relates to staff and development.  I'd be happy to provide a response to this if that's what you're looking for.  Otherwise, I can only hope that you'll understand it simply isn't possible for us to police every single thing that happens both on our website and especially on other communities and Discord servers.  In fact, doing so would likely just make things worse as our judgement isn't going to be 100% all of the time, and it's important to keep things as open as possible.

 

I feel like the points you raise about people being rude, disrespectful and overly dramatic are perfectly valid, but I strongly believe that this isn't something which is specific to LSPDFR, and can be seen throughout the entirety of the GTA community (especially in multiplayer communities), and indeed throughout the rest of the internet too (especially given the rise of Discord).  I understand if you feel like we should do more to counter this, perhaps through more aggressive moderation, but as I noted above I don't think this is the solution and I suppose you might also agree considering your concerns about the staff too.

 

In any event, I don't want to hijack your topic, although I thought it important to convey those two points of my own.  If this is something that you'd like to discuss further then my message box is always open, or if you'd rather keep things public I'd be happy to respond here as well.  Otherwise, it's sad to see you go and I can only join the others who've posted here in wishing you the best and hoping that you'll come back one day.

Thanks for your response. I understand there are challenges with moderation but at this point I think it's best for me to take a break. I strongly believe things will improve with time, and when they do, I may return. I look forward to the future of the mods on this site, as they have so much potential, thank you for your hard work with it so far. Much respect for your hard work and dedication to this awesome mod.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, berry said:

See you later.

 

As a designer, you should already know that people will reshare your content, redesign it, etc (with or without credit regardless of what you want, its unfortunate but that's how things are). You don't see Adobe quitting because someone made a similar software to theirs that looks the same, or because someone cracked it. (Photoshop for example https://www.photopea.com/). The review system works as intended as well - your image will be judged based on how you deal with upset "customers" or in this case the members of this community who use your mods aka your reviews could drop on all your products based on how you handle a situation

I assume you reported those violations to the staff members? If so, did you provide any evidence that you made those skins/mods? Just because something looks the same it doesn't mean that it's your property. 

 

The LSPDFR dev team are pretty generous too that they don't charge us for the mod. Kind of shitty that you're talking shit about the time that it takes and you bring up charging people out of nowhere. Yes, it does take a while and I think we can all agree that we wish that it was faster but it is what it is.

 

I personally haven't witnessed any staff members treating members poorly they might be assertive though. 

 

As for members being ugly to each other... I guess welcome to the Internet? There is nothing that you can really do about that. Some people will always be rude.

 

Just my two cents though.

I completely understand where you're coming from with this. I'm not quitting, though it may seem like it, I'm not. I am going to continue to design things, but I am going to chose more carefully who I give it to. This way the mod can't be so easily abused. I'll be doing this via Discord in the future

 

I do feel with the update where you have to download the file before reviewing was incredibly beneficial, the system is still easily abused, though. Sure, there's nothing we can do about it but look into the cases of misuse.

 

The ripped off skins were reported to staff, homeboy cursed me out and called me some things for reporting his file, but he finally added me to the credits and I dropped the argument because it wasn't worth continuing. I know it was my work that he modified because it still had the watermark chopped up in the image file.

 

In respect to the LSPDFR developers, they're very generous people, I concur with that. But I will say, that it has taken quite a long time for a new update. Sure, is that cockey? Maybe a little. While considering very many similar mods have been released within the time of the update, maybe not as cockey. I was just speaking my opinion on that though. I had no intent of demeaning their hours of hard work and dedication to that mod, because I seriously do appreciate how much they've put towards it.

 

Now speaking on the topic of the moderator's mistreatment, I will not disclose the details. All I am saying is that it did happen, but you may not have heard about it if you were not in a certain loop. Like I said in the post, I really do like many of the site staff, they're helpful folks, it's really not all of them.

 

Yes, I understand, people are nasty everywhere - not just here. What I'm saying is, as a community we need to come together to make that not as big of a problem. It's gotten so bad on my end and for others that I made the call to leave. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really do like a lot of your work and it's very sad to see you go along with your work. The internet is generally very toxic across the board, but it sometimes seems to be especially true in some specific places more than others.

 

I've also been taking a break from the community myself for some of the same reasons you've shared. The website acts as a great hub for outstanding work from different authors, but sometimes the actual community itself can be toxic.

 

Anyways, take care and I hope to see you back with your work! 

Edited by TheDivineHustle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the issue here that a lot of you are missing is that things are done wrong. I post  a file was it inciting a reaction? Not really but it was hidden and I was warned in the same day it was posted, ok I can see why that was done but when something is clearly stolen and posted with out the permission of the original author nothing is done for days. If you mention it in the comments you get warned and even yelled at about bring it up. Even if you have Already reported it. In an instance where something may be stolen, it should be hidden immediately till an investigation is done then take the appropriate action. Leaving it up allows it to be downloaded hundreds of times, by then it’s impossible to track. No one wants to spend hours on something just to have it stolen. Skins and liveries get ripped so much it isn’t even worth reporting because  nothing will be done. I understand that a site this large is hard to moderate but theft should be taken seriously and quickly. I really hope this can be resolved and we can get this community back to the greatness it once was. In the mean time see ya on discord, I’d post the link but it would be deleted like others have! Good luck on future endeavors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×