willpv23

ScriptHookV Alternative

For those of you who are having issues with the "infinite loading screen loop", be sure to remove all ScriptHookV files from your game directory AND copy over a new version of update.rpf for the new title update. Be sure to back up anything you've modded within this file. If you have a custom gameconfig installed, be sure to update to the latest version for 1604, such as this one.

I found that removing dinput8.dll and then re-installing it via Open IV did the trick to make this work.

Edited by bong
duh

When I try to load the plugin ingame it pops up 4 notification saying compatibility conflict. It's also not letting els work, but the trainer is working.. Any idea what's going on? Also I removed Advanced hook files, im not sure if I was supposed to do that or if ELS realize on those files.

Edited by dykan028

12 hours ago, Tyler Pickstock said:

I have ASI working you have to remove all files to do with scripthookvdotnet

hey Tyler could you explain your Way you dealed with it a bit more detailed?

On 10/30/2018 at 11:16 PM, Pursuit said:

Well, I'm happy to see it's still useful 😀. Due to its design, updates aren't required to keep it working: unless something crucial about the ScriptHookV / RPH API changes, it'll still work in the future.

Though, I updated it anyway. It should now work for everyone (I hope). Plus, performance has been improved, and the crash reporting system allows us to identify potential problems more easily.

You can download the latest version here: https://github.com/fr-Pursuit/AsiSupport/releases

PS: It's always best to use ScriptHookV directly, as this plugin adds an intermediary and therefore operations everytime a native is called. Though, it's a good alternative to SHV when an update drops 😁

Hey Pursuit,
Could you check the reason of crash inside ASI Support and adapt it to latest GTA-V- & RPH-Version? 
Would be so cool!

tried it but my gta v keep crashing, 

When i load the plugin (asisupport) i got black screen then the game crash..

Edited : i solve the problem when i delete scriphookdotnet but i got aonther problem,

when i do load plugin it doesn't load any asi plugins.

any ideas how to fix it? 

Spoiler

20181217140227_1.thumb.jpg.5b1b0746b73d4b5df90161fb896a52b6.jpg

Edited by Nexy

28 minutes ago, Straypuft said:

OK, the thing keeping me down on this was that I somehow downloaded asisupport 0.2.0 instead of the new one. I think all is working now.

Yeah, my original link pointed directly to 0.2.0 instead of the latest build. I've since fixed it.

"Work and ideas get stolen, then you keep moving on doing your thing."

This thread needs to be shared/made important. I downloaded the latest asi manager which was updated the other day and it works perfectly all my SHV dependent mods run flawlessly.

5 hours ago, Soko N Lime said:

i was missing advancedhookV.dll.

once i added that back in to the gta v main folder it started working

Soko is everything still running good on your end? If anyone is experiencing issues please post your crash report (if you get one I know crashes dont always generate one). If you are having trouble with the asi manager post your issue and ill see if I can help you. Whoever made this mod thank you thank you! I know Alexander Blade is one man running SVH so I give him a lot of credit trying to keep his program up to date.

4 hours ago, scottie2950 said:

This thread needs to be shared/made important. I downloaded the latest asi manager which was updated the other day and it works perfectly all my SHV dependent mods run flawlessly.

Soko is everything still running good on your end? If anyone is experiencing issues please post your crash report (if you get one I know crashes dont always generate one). If you are having trouble with the asi manager post your issue and ill see if I can help you. Whoever made this mod thank you thank you! I know Alexander Blade is one man running SVH so I give him a lot of credit trying to keep his program up to date.

yeah everything is still running good. had a small issue when i updated to 0.3.2 but i figured it all out and its still working

ScriptHookV has been updated, you should use that instead as it will be more stable: http://www.dev-c.com/gtav/scripthookv/

Make sure not to load AsiSupport while using ScriptHook.

All issues related to AdvancedHookV.asi and, generally, to all ASI scripts which don't use ScriptHookV have been fixed in 0.3.2. To use them, you'll need to use the usual ASI loader (dinput8.dll).

As willpv23 said, ScriptHookV has been released, so it's best to use it instead of AsiSupport, to avoid compatibility/performance issues. I'll keep maintaining and improving AsiSupport for the next update though (like adding support for SHVDN scripts)

PS: Thank you all for your feedback 🙂

Great work! Because this message is pre-written, any observations related to your performance are speculation on our part. Please disregard any undeserved compliments

Hello everyone! I used ASI Support for the moment because of the lack of scripthook. Bit now I have a problem: the "mods" folder is not loaded. Is it possible that this is connected to the ASIsupport?

4 minutes ago, TheCleanerITA said:

Hello everyone! I used ASI Support for the moment because of the lack of scripthook. Bit now I have a problem: the "mods" folder is not loaded. Is it possible that this is connected to the ASIsupport?

No, you need the current update.rpf in there. The mods folder does not rely on ScriptHookV - only dinput.dll which does not need to be updated with game updates.

There shouldn't be any reason that this doesn't work with the latest update.

17 hours ago, willpv23 said:

No, you need the current update.rpf in there. The mods folder does not rely on ScriptHookV - only dinput.dll which does not need to be updated with game updates.

There shouldn't be any reason that this doesn't work with the latest update.

Oh, that was my error too: I eliminated both dinput.dll and scripthookv.dll. But now I have another problem: the door in the police station are locked and, for example, in the central police station of Los Santos I can't access the jail. What could this be due to?

UPDATE
New problem: now that I added dinput.dll the game crashes at start, generating this report:

Report crash RPH.txt

Edited by FBenati

I don't understand. Some of the asi mods work, but some of them don't, why is that?

For example I have my mods folder, but ELS doesn't work, and Simple Trainer doesn't work either.

1 hour ago, Avail said:

If Scripthook is ever updated you can just use the 'GTAV.exe' and 'GTAVLauncher.exe' from this link here: it will allow Scripthook to work with the previous versions until it's updated. The only problem that this may give you is your game may take a little longer to load up, but not excessively longer.

Script Hook V was updated earlier today, I tried making some threads to spread awareness since we have an influx of issues in this section all due to Script Hook V related issues. 

http://www.dev-c.com/gtav/scripthookv/

Edited by Ezra

derp.png

4-DAVID-20