Pavy

All DLC for this game adds up to $8,000+

I don't see what the outrage is.  CSGO offers the same knives with different skins on them for hundreds of dollars, if not more.  There are multiple SINGLE items that are over 1k.

1cd2b1f77d26fd686fba4b0e7358dc2c.png

and then you have World of Warships.  To be fair, with WoW, a lot of their dlc ships are unique and different, but they still charge hundreds for a single ship.

Is it insane?  Yes, but there are plenty of people - myself included - who will put forth a lot of money into these games because they enjoy them.  I've spent far too much money in CSGO, and now I'm buying dlc ships in WoW.  These games do it because everyone with money will buy, it never fails.  Frankly, if you have the money to spend and want to, go for it.  It harms no one.  You have fun with the content, and your money goes to the developers and publisher.

10 minutes ago, Giordano said:

I don't see what the outrage is.  CSGO offers the same knives with different skins on them for hundreds of dollars, if not more.  There are multiple SINGLE items that are over 1k.

and then you have World of Warships.  To be fair, with WoW, a lot of their dlc ships are unique and different, but they still charge hundreds for a single ship.

Is it insane?  Yes, but there are plenty of people - myself included - who will put forth a lot of money into these games because they enjoy them.  I've spent far too much money in CSGO, and now I'm buying dlc ships in WoW.  These games do it because everyone with money will buy, it never fails.  Frankly, if you have the money to spend and want to, go for it.  It harms no one.  You have fun with the content, and your money goes to the developers and publisher.

I see your point with WoW, I'm not to familiar with the game but csgo I have to disagree. The weapons aren't dlc they are just skins and you can trade them as well and even gamble with them as many people do. Such as in league of legends my dumbass spent $2k+ over the years just for digital skins. 

This is also single player content so you can't enjoy it with others. That's where all the outrage is from. The point is, this is unheard of and ludicrous.

Check out the funny reviews.

Screenshot_1.png

Edited by Pav500

4 minutes ago, Pav500 said:

I see your point with WoW, I'm not to familiar with the game but csgo I have to disagree. The weapons aren't dlc they are just skins and you can trade them as well and even gamble with them as many people do. Such as in league of legends my dumbass spent $2k+ over the years just for digital skins. 

This is also single player content so you can't enjoy it with others. That's where all the outrage is from.

Check out the funny reviews.

True, the skins aren't technically DLC, but it's basically the same.  The user selling the knife/skin/etc gets some of the profit, but then some also goes to Valve.

In terms of Train Sim, I get it.  I love trains, and would love the variety of new tracks and routes.  Do I love trains enough to start buying all these different ones?  No..not yet anyway. 😂 but I do get why they offer it and why people buy it.

It's still one if the most idiotic thing iv ever seen. And I'm sorry gio, but anyone who hashes out the money for it is being foolish. That said, there is actually no reason for hashing out money in wows because you can earn, more easily than you think, the ingame currency for buying premiums. Iv played both wows and wot, and wows is def so much better (if only wargaming.net would learn from their own sub devs).

Los Santos Metropolitan Police Department: Special Operations Division

Train Simulator 20xx fan here, There is never any pressure to buy all of those DLC's, This isnt a full world game, None of these dlc routes and maps will interconnect with each other, You buy what appeals to you, There are examples of modders connecting 2 or more routes into one map.

For my Train Sim tastes, I dont touch any of the steam or freight or historical stuff, I possibly only bought maybe 10 dlc addons. 

Most of these dlc routes will have everything you need in them to play them as a base game, Some of the dlc trains can be used on multiple routes.

Many of you naysayers seem to think having all the DLC for this game will make the game complete or pay to win, Completeness is entirely up to the end user who may have just bought and played the base game or are happy having only ever bought one dlc.

You have to be really weak minded(and opulent) to think buying all the DLC will make you happy.

Have you guys seen the Flight Simulator Market? There are many people happy and willing to pay up to $150 for a single plane or even $200 for a 10 year old tech based Flight Sim. Lets not forget hardware that a single item could cost $2000. 

This isnt just limited to simulators, Look at The Sims, lots of people are willing to spend $40-$60 on each update that adds an hour of game experience on each dlc, Even the ones that only sell clothing packs.

wJXdqyS.png

We can't Stop here, This is Whelen Country.

20 minutes ago, Straypuft said:

Train Simulator 20xx fan here, There is never any pressure to buy all of those DLC's, This isnt a full world game, None of these dlc routes and maps will interconnect with each other, You buy what appeals to you, There are examples of modders connecting 2 or more routes into one map.

For my Train Sim tastes, I dont touch any of the steam or freight or historical stuff, I possibly only bought maybe 10 dlc addons. 

Most of these dlc routes will have everything you need in them to play them as a base game, Some of the dlc trains can be used on multiple routes.

Many of you naysayers seem to think having all the DLC for this game will make the game complete or pay to win, Completeness is entirely up to the end user who may have just bought and played the base game or are happy having only ever bought one dlc.

You have to be really weak minded(and opulent) to think buying all the DLC will make you happy.

Have you guys seen the Flight Simulator Market? There are many people happy and willing to pay up to $150 for a single plane or even $200 for a 10 year old tech based Flight Sim. Lets not forget hardware that a single item could cost $2000. 

This isnt just limited to simulators, Look at The Sims, lots of people are willing to spend $40-$60 on each update that adds an hour of game experience on each dlc, Even the ones that only sell clothing packs.

I disagree with some stuff like the sims and flight sims since I play these ALOT.

EA can't be brought up in this conversation because of the major controversy they faced with micro transactions. The sims dlc doesn't add an hour of game experience its add alot more than that. At least a day of game time.  Still their dlc prices are outrageous and I pirate the dlc's. 

The point of this topic was that Train Simulator took the level of DLC to a whole new scale. In my opinion, they are assholes. Because say for example I want all the content because its all fascinating and cool. I'm not gonna pay the price of a car for it. They don't even have a Season pass type discount deal for their content.

As for flight simulator, to be fair the amount of detail/per price is way different. The amount of details and controls for airplanes is nothing compared to train simulator. 

The advanced controls for train simulator is just low. I'm a big fan of Train Sim World that one goes into WAY more detail on the trains. The reason that game is better is because its not a yearly re-skin like train simulator because they keep using the same engine and not do any major changes.

Flight sims also have ALOT of freeware. Where do you see $150 for a single plane or $200 for a 10 year old flight sim?

I'm not sure what you mean by that. The best planes I see are in the $50-90 range for FSX and X plane.

You don't need crazy hardware to play it either. I have an extreme 3dpro logitech which is like $15? I've had it for like 4 years or so now and its the best joystick money can buy for flight sims. You can also play with a ps3/4 xbox controllers.

Edited by Pav500

15 hours ago, Pav500 said:

I disagree with some stuff like the sims and flight sims since I play these ALOT.

EA can't be brought up in this conversation because of the major controversy they faced with micro transactions. The sims dlc doesn't add an hour of game experience its add alot more than that. At least a day of game time.  Still their dlc prices are outrageous and I pirate the dlc's. 

The point of this topic was that Train Simulator took the level of DLC to a whole new scale. In my opinion, they are assholes. Because say for example I want all the content because its all fascinating and cool. I'm not gonna pay the price of a car for it. They don't even have a Season pass type discount deal for their content.

As for flight simulator, to be fair the amount of detail/per price is way different. The amount of details and controls for airplanes is nothing compared to train simulator. 

The advanced controls for train simulator is just low. I'm a big fan of Train Sim World that one goes into WAY more detail on the trains. The reason that game is better is because its not a yearly re-skin like train simulator because they keep using the same engine and not do any major changes.

Flight sims also have ALOT of freeware. Where do you see $150 for a single plane or $200 for a 10 year old flight sim?

I'm not sure what you mean by that. The best planes I see are in the $50-90 range for FSX and X plane.

You don't need crazy hardware to play it either. I have an extreme 3dpro logitech which is like $15? I've had it for like 4 years or so now and its the best joystick money can buy for flight sims. You can also play with a ps3/4 xbox controllers.

I could have sworn PMDG planes have reached over the $100 mark, and as for the $200 sim, that would be Prepar3d, based on 10 year old sim tech.

wJXdqyS.png

I get what you're saying, but this is dlc. It's not $8k for the game, it's only $30 if you want the game. They have $8k dlc because they know that there are people out there willing to pay for all that and they're going to let them because they want all that cash. It's the same with skins. As long as the game itself isn't hundreds of dollars and other people can't buy stuff that'll ruin the gameplay for others, I don't think this is too horrible a thing. Everyone's greedy. If it doesn't affect you just let them be.

"There are some good people in it, but the orchestra as a whole is equivalent
to a gang bent on destruction."

-- John Cage, composer

Dovetail isnt the only ones doing this, Trainz: TANE(made by Auran) does it too, But I dont know if their DLC carries over to the next game in the series.

X-Plane does it too but it isnt as blatant.

Finally, Digital Combat Simulators DCS World relies on DLC, AKA Modules. 

Simulation is serious business. Then there are the simmers who buy physical models of their favorite planes and trains, But us LSPDFR fans arent left out, for we have model police cars and airsoft and the hardcore of us having real weapons.(I just have model police cars)

wJXdqyS.png

On 11/4/2018 at 5:42 PM, phantoms said:

Dovetail left a bad taste in my mount with what happened with Flight Sim World and I vowed never to buy anything with Dovetail's fingerprints on it after that.

Yeah... It's unfortunate that they moneywhored the shit out of their games. FSW has some potential they did a good job with it, but they lost a lot of fans due to that shit that they did.

[img]http://www.lcpdfr.com/cops/forum/crimestats/user/2080/sig.jpg[/img]

Mah YouTube Channel

On 11/4/2018 at 6:42 PM, phantoms said:

Dovetail left a bad taste in my mount with what happened with Flight Sim World and I vowed never to buy anything with Dovetail's fingerprints on it after that.

I had high hopes for FSW, its downfall was that DTG wanted complete control over paid addons, First, Steam wanted 30%, then DTG wanted 30%, No third party dev wanted anything to do with that so DTG ended development.

Anyways, Im all over Train Sim World and have just purchased another dlc.

Edited by Straypuft

wJXdqyS.png

I mean, I am not surprised by this at all. I have Train Simulator, but I just pick and choose the dlc I want. Not worth spending that kind of money on a bunch of dlc you will probably never use. Same goes for most games out there sadly. Most games are either going down the pay-to-win route or are going with the pay for new dlc each month route. Whether it is Call of Duty with their Supply Drops or Train Simulator with their dlc's, we are never going to see the end of games just trying to grab money from the player. The only game that I have seen so far that I can recall has no micro-transactions or dlc or anything that you can buy is the new Spyro: Reignited Trilogy, and I pray that Activision doesn't destroy that game with micro-transactions and dlc's.