Sam

LSPDFR 0.4 - Ambience

I am inclined to agree somewhat,  i do seem to be losing interest now,  I have followed each update / blog post with great anticipation for an impeding release , This post originates from 8/10/2018 nearly 2 months old now, and still nothing,  not that i am pushing for a release date or anything, i do think these posts would be much better suited showcasing the work 1-2 weeks before release, rather than  getting hopes up constantly each day , to then find nothing.  I dare say , with the new GTA V update, it will be well after christmas before we see anything of a new LSPDFR 😞 

Yeah, i'm also loosing interest.

It defenitely takes too long.

Would be better to post all the announcements a couple weeks before the actual releaae.

You know people get excited when you post announcements.

If it'll not released this year it, than it's pretty disappointing.

53 minutes ago, Schecter004 said:

Yeah, i'm also loosing interest.

It defenitely takes too long.

Would be better to post all the announcements a couple weeks before the actual releaae.

You know people get excited when you post announcements.

If it'll not released this year it, than it's pretty disappointing.

Be patient. Development takes a while. Would you rather have a released version full of bugs that takes away from the experience?

20 minutes ago, rmckinstry said:

Be patient. Development takes a while. Would you rather have a released version full of bugs that takes away from the experience?

Well, that's not what i wrote.

Read my text again.

Why do they have to announce an update over a year of it's actual release?

We even don't know if it will released this year.

At some point people get dissapointed and loose interest because they don't know how long will it still take.

7 minutes ago, Schecter004 said:

Well, that's not what i wrote.

Read my text again.

Why do they have to announce an update over a year of it's actual release?

We even don't know if it will released this year.

At some point people get dissapointed and loose interest because they don't know how long will it still take.

Yeah same. Have been wanting to go back to LSPDFR for quite some time now, but kept postponing it because I thought 0.4 was just around the corner. I didn't want to redownload GTA and mod an entire game folder and then having to start from scratch less than a month later. It's almost been a year. I do realise how long it takes for a mod this big to be bug free and have all the features that are asked for, but why the incredibly early announcement? Making the announcement so early just makes people lose their hype. It's like you just started coding when the announcement was made.

Most games are announced half a year before launch, this modification took longer than that. In the meantime even longtime GTA youtubers quit playing the game. I know this is just all complaining, but I'd rather see much much smaller updates, like one single feature, each quarter/half a year than having to wait 3 years for a big update.

Thanks to the devs for this free content they are providing to us on their free time.  Perhaps they intended to release it earlier and got busy with real life / family.  Occupy your time with other games and all of your hype will return when you read "LSPDFR 0.4 - Now Released."

All I can say is, Sam and LMS are extremely busy with LSPDFR - It takes up a lot of their time. You have to keep in mind, they're not some triple A company with unlimited budgets. They're fans of this video game we all love to hate, and play. 

It's done when it's done, as always! I'm in no rush, there are other games out there to play as well. I promise. Enjoy GTA Online, for example 😉

I fully understand and appreciate things like this take time and effort to complete, however, with such a following that LSPDFR now has and how big it has become, i  still do not think its appropriate to begin making out like this is going to be released within a few months. Lets be realistic here, these updates were drip fed throughout the course of a year to build hype, over lets be real , nothing as of yet, and ultimately no sign of it any time soon considering this post in itself is now 2 months, going on for 3 months old. 

I fully support the dev team here and do believe they have done a fantastic job with this , and i do understand , it takes as long as it takes, but why build up all this hype, to let it all go stale , capitalise on the hype and release these updates when your ready to produce something , my memory might be shot but i do recall previous topics like this for nearly all of the previous releases going back to the LCPDFR days, 

The comments of every update topic can be summed up nicely with a visit to a update announcements of certain (paid) games on Steam.

topic.thumb.png.5ef0fce386acda4f28b0116b2b5bf9c2.png

I'd love to see how fast all these people complaining could work around GTA V's Artificial Ineptitude.

We only have 1 LMS to clean up after the work of Rockstar's overworked, underpaid employees!

And Cyan is very busy breaking IPS' already broken forum, and Sam is busy buying Starbucks and breaking iProducts.

On 12/14/2018 at 1:09 AM, Sniper296 said:

The comments of every update topic can be summed up nicely with a visit to a update announcements of certain (paid) games on Steam.

topic.thumb.png.5ef0fce386acda4f28b0116b2b5bf9c2.png

I'd love to see how fast all these people complaining could work around GTA V's Artificial Ineptitude.

We only have 1 LMS to clean up after the work of Rockstar's overworked, underpaid employees!

And Cyan is very busy breaking IPS' already broken forum, and Sam is busy buying Starbucks and breaking iProducts.

What game is this?

I'm going to assume some of the recent posts made by those wanting release dates or wanting the update released some time soon (ASAP) were or are being made by children. And possibly grown children who don't know the value of a $1. One of the reasons Albo is leaving this scene is because of the kind of recent posts in this thread and the incredible amount of spoiled, take for granted, unappreciative people that are out there.

First of all lets look at it from the first factor which is the people who created this MOD, not game, MOD. They learned how to work with code and whatever else to be able to work with GTA and create this incredible ADDITION to this GAME. So that took time out of their lives to learn first of all. Secondly, those that learned coding chose to use that knowledge to create this MOD AND PLUGINS for us all who are extremely interested in Law Enforcement or who are wanna be LEO's and released all of this for us to enjoy for.... FREE!!

I won't make this post more of a soap box post than it could freakin be but you all need to calm the **** down and APPRECIATE that we have something like this. Those of you squirming in your filthy computer chairs whining about this or that have gotten too comfortable with this mod and everything that is offered. If you can't enjoy what has already been created then you are either doing it wrong, need to step away from the computer for a while and do something else or....

DEVELOP YOUR OWN ****!

8 hours ago, MercilessJester said:

I'm going to assume some of the recent posts made by those wanting release dates or wanting the update released some time soon (ASAP) were or are being made by children. And possibly grown children who don't know the value of a $1. One of the reasons Albo is leaving this scene is because of the kind of recent posts in this thread and the incredible amount of spoiled, take for granted, unappreciative people that are out there.

First of all lets look at it from the first factor which is the people who created this MOD, not game, MOD. They learned how to work with code and whatever else to be able to work with GTA and create this incredible ADDITION to this GAME. So that took time out of their lives to learn first of all. Secondly, those that learned coding chose to use that knowledge to create this MOD AND PLUGINS for us all who are extremely interested in Law Enforcement or who are wanna be LEO's and released all of this for us to enjoy for.... FREE!!

I won't make this post more of a soap box post than it could freakin be but you all need to calm the **** down and APPRECIATE that we have something like this. Those of you squirming in your filthy computer chairs whining about this or that have gotten too comfortable with this mod and everything that is offered. If you can't enjoy what has already been created then you are either doing it wrong, need to step away from the computer for a while and do something else or....

DEVELOP YOUR OWN ****!

Firstly dismount your high horse for a moment and take the time to read some of the previous comments. Now I haven't been the one making these comments; nevertheless, I have taken it upon myself to reply on their behalf. What the previous comments seem to be about is not the fact that they don't have their mod now but, it is a discussion as to why the devs would have chosen to reveal the news of 0.4 when they did. I'm sure everyone here especially those who have been fans since Liberty City can appreciate the incredible hard work that has gone into this mod as I hope you can appreciate that their antsy-ness is a compliment as to the achievements of aforementioned devs.

What is extremely unhelpful here is to turn a forum intended for a community of fans of LSPDFR into a sour place that allows personal insults levied amongst one another instead of calm carefully-worded discourse on any of the issues/praise they have regarding this mod. It's hard not to reflect onto you the common trend of recent society which is to find something for which to be outraged about, however it seems your dressing-down in this matter is more than a little unwarranted especially considering other users have already made a similar point in a far less attacking manner.

I can appreciate your intentions were probably to protect the developers' reputation however, there are community moderators who are perfectly capable of doing so.

6 hours ago, wolby2010 said:

Firstly dismount your high horse for a moment and take the time to read some of the previous comments. Now I haven't been the one making these comments; nevertheless, I have taken it upon myself to reply on their behalf. What the previous comments seem to be about is not the fact that they don't have their mod now but, it is a discussion as to why the devs would have chosen to reveal the news of 0.4 when they did. I'm sure everyone here especially those who have been fans since Liberty City can appreciate the incredible hard work that has gone into this mod as I hope you can appreciate that their antsy-ness is a compliment as to the achievements of aforementioned devs.

What is extremely unhelpful here is to turn a forum intended for a community of fans of LSPDFR into a sour place that allows personal insults levied amongst one another instead of calm carefully-worded discourse on any of the issues/praise they have regarding this mod. It's hard not to reflect onto you the common trend of recent society which is to find something for which to be outraged about, however it seems your dressing-down in this matter is more than a little unwarranted especially considering other users have already made a similar point in a far less attacking manner.

I can appreciate your intentions were probably to protect the developers' reputation however, there are community moderators who are perfectly capable of doing so.

I'm so with you wolby! We aren't pushing for a release date, we're just being concerned that we haven't heard anything from the upcoming update in a while. We're definitely being patient.

14 hours ago, wolby2010 said:

A nicely, well written and thought out post. But you're still defending something that has no place in this thread and you're 100% wrong.

These developers owe you, I nor others ANY reasoning behind their choice of the way they release teasers for their POSSIBLE release of an update to their mod. Notice I said possible. No other "discussion" should be going on except what is being displayed for the POSSIBLE update or requests to be added to the next POSSIBLE update. There is no need for anyone to pass judgment or to criticize how developers (especially of a FREE and EXTREMELY well done mod) choose to show off their WIP on a POSSIBLE update to their already incredible work. I'm sure they have families, jobs and lives outside of creating all this. Maybe they wanted to show off their current WIP and it may be another year before it's 99% or close enough for a release.

Fact is, these guys can release teasers for the next 5 years and not release a damn thing to you all for ANY reason at all and one being because they don't feel like it. They chose to share their work early and kept us "fed" over time while they continue to work behind the scenes. FOR FREE!!

To be "loosing interest" or whining about the way teasers were brought out, or even the length of time it takes to update this FREE mod is so disgusting and disrespectful! Unless you have a hand in all this, whether it be time spent coding and developing or financially, you all need to accept what may or may NOT be released. Or at a time frame you all feel is acceptable. *rides off on horse*

I think everyone over the last page needs to take a step back and calm down, then look at things from a new perspective.

Let's rewind way back to the days of LCPDFR. As anyone who has ever worked with code before knows, anything and everything will go wrong if you change one line. Sam once said that there were often times when he would add a new line and 10 different things that were working would suddenly make the game crash. This brought up many issues with releasing finalized versions.

It was several years ago, I believe it was LCPDFR .9, that a definitive release date was given about a month in advance. Like usual, the site went down due to the excessive amount of traffic. The few who were able to download it and get in game quickly noticed a critical error: the game crashed when they called for backup. People were furious, as could be expected.

For people that haven't been around a while, that is the main reason why the official response to questions about release dates has always been "when its done."

Additionally, it does get troubling keeping hype up for a new version. I'm sure a lot of people would be much more annoyed if there was no news whatsoever. It puts Sam and LMS in a tough spot, and I am sure they believed .4 would be finalized sooner rather than later when the first preview was posted in February. But life and game breaking errors can often get in the way and I am in no way privy to this information.

I guess what I am trying to say is that I share frustration with many of you, but we have to sit back, relax, and not be at each others throats because that is not going to help anything.

Edited by c13

11 hours ago, c13 said:

I think everyone over the last page needs to take a step back and calm down, then look at things from a new perspective.

Let's rewind way back to the days of LCPDFR. As anyone who has ever worked with code before knows, anything and everything will go wrong if you change one line. Sam once said that there were often times when he would add a new line and 10 different things that were working would suddenly make the game crash. This brought up many issues with releasing finalized versions.

It was several years ago, I believe it was LCPDFR .9, that a definitive release date was given about a month in advance. Like usual, the site went down due to the excessive amount of traffic. The few who were able to download it and get in game quickly noticed a critical error: the game crashed when they called for backup. People were furious, as could be expected.

For people that haven't been around a while, that is the main reason why the official response to questions about release dates has always been "when its done."

Additionally, it does get troubling keeping hype up for a new version. I'm sure a lot of people would be much more annoyed if there was no news whatsoever. It puts Sam and LMS in a tough spot, and I am sure they believed .4 would be finalized sooner rather than later when the first preview was posted in February. But life and game breaking errors can often get in the way and I am in no way privy to this information.

I guess what I am trying to say is that I share the frustration of many of you, but we have to sit back, relax, and not be at each others throats because that is not going to help anything.

Well, i agree.

But why don't they quit their jobs, get divorced  and lock themselves up in a dark basement and concentrate only on 0.4?

25 minutes ago, Schecter004 said:

Well, i agree.

But why don't they quit their jobs, get divorced  and lock themselves up in a dark basement and concentrate only on 0.4?

kinda like the southpark episode where they only play world of warcraft xD

6 minutes ago, DeadxModz said:

kinda like the southpark episode where they only play world of warcraft xD

Best episode ever :D