Sam

LSPDFR 0.4 - Ambience

@Sam Is it possible to get a look at the updated API before the official release? Only reason I ask is it would be cool to see some callout plugins ready on release , making use of some of the new features etc. 

55 minutes ago, winglesschip209 said:

@Sam are you guys doing a release video like 0.3? If so can you guys consider this time First thirty minutes to join your guys live stream   

@ineseri, @Prophet, are you ready to board the train? I bet @Sam is eager to see it depart! 💥🚄

20 hours ago, vynlthrash said:

my pc can run gta v on ultra at 60fps.. i run on medium settings and alot of callouts..but with just lspdfr no addons i still get 20-25 frames 😞 i have also used standalone dlc folders to no help in fps 😞

Hmmm, have you reinstalled everything? It is tedious, but when I reinstalled, I soared in frames. LSPDFR with no mods was 110 and with mods and CURRENT plugins, I get between 75 and 98fps.

15 hours ago, Schecter004 said:

Well, with my nex GTX 1080 and my new 700€ 27“ IPS monitor this will be fun!

How about with my GTX 1080 Ti and my new 34" 4K monitor? 😜

1 hour ago, Officer Wiggins said:

Hmmm, have you reinstalled everything? It is tedious, but when I reinstalled, I soared in frames. LSPDFR with no mods was 110 and with mods and CURRENT plugins, I get between 75 and 98fps.

i had..but ill give it another go 🙂

2 hours ago, vynlthrash said:

i had..but ill give it another go 🙂

If you need help, just message me and I'll see what I can do. :)

3 hours ago, c13 said:

I was playing last night and I got in pursuit of a suspect who was flying over route 1 and eventually on the Pacific coastal highway. Due to heavier traffic, I fell back a bit and was responding behind two other units. It gave a sense of realism where I wasn't always the first one to a call, where I am always reacting to what was going on and having to call backup myself. It was one of my favorite moments in a while.

After talking to others, a common issue we have is a sense of being alone on shift. I feel like I have a solution that can mitigate it, and should be fairly simple to implement.

Back in LCPDFR, there was a kind of hidden feature where if you set a waypoint, you could call for backup and a unit would spawn next to you then respond to the waypoint alongside you. Such a feature could easily be implemented, and with features that didn't exist before like code 2 backup, it will give a sense of an actual department responding instead of a lone player who shows up first and reacts to everything. A nice feature would also be the ability to have backup stick around until dismissed, like in OnScene backup.

I literally couldn't agree more c13. I find myself often alone and I wonder where my whole department is.. I would love to be the unit to OCCASIONALLY backup the AI, but I don't know hard that would be to implement. I can't wait to see the future of this modification!!

Looks promising. Any chance the force callout keybind can be made editable or removable? The amount of times I've accidentally pressed it while on call...

1 hour ago, liverlande said:

Looks promising. Any chance the force callout keybind can be made editable or removable? The amount of times I've accidentally pressed it while on call...

Changing the LSPDFR keybinds is currently not possible.  As an alternative, you can change the GTA V keybind which should change the LSPDFR one as well.

Will there be a option to tackle someone down? Or being held at gunpoint (something like there is in station 19 callouts plugin in armored car call, where the security guard aims his weapon at you but doesn't shoot you, everything is scripted obviously so there is no negotiation or something). Wouldn't it be cool to see someone with a gun, approach him and then he helds you at gun point, with full out negotiating etc. Or pursuit standoffs with 5 police cars behind the suspect, and SWAT moving in to neutralize him. Or the suspect suddenly stoping and opening fire on the officers. One of the things I don't like the most in LSPDFR is that even when suspects have guns, they most likely won't use them unless scripted to. Also will there be k9? And a partner system?

Edited by Czapeusz

3 hours ago, liverlande said:

Keybindings will be configurable in the known LCPDFR fashion (key + optional modifier key).

I'm not sure if this was mentioned and I missed it or not but will there be more callouts this time? I would like to have something more than just pursuits to respond to in stock lspdfr. 

It really is the small details that excite me the most. I'm currently messaging, in all caps, friends who also play LSPDFR about the planned handheld radio and new flashlight animation. Little things like that make LSPDFR so much more amazing.

On ‎10‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 6:53 PM, Sam said:

You might want to look at the picture of the Police Radio menu again!  This is already in LSPDFR 0.3, too.

This is something that we're currently discussing internally.  There are a lot of fundamental changes in 0.4, so we have to be thoughtful with how we approach this.

Ok thanks, ill take another look.

One of the only other things that I think would help with immersion is to not have callouts and backup spawn so close. I'd prefer if backup had more realistic response times and if you'd have to sometimes respond a little further to get to calls. That being said, I AM SO HYPED FOR THIS!!

I LOVE  the updates so far every since they were first posted. I would love to see a feature where any AI officer can report a crime (just like we can in the new update) to dispatch and then dispatch relays that information to the player. I know it might sound a little complicated, sorry about that. ALso , will AI be able to use the handheld radio animation?

Edited by GhostRz
adding to current comment