Sam

LSPDFR 0.4 - Ambience

How can I get my hands on Officers Tenpenny Pulaski and Hernandez as beat partners? That's backup I can rely on to shoot straight and I need it.

Anyways, will I be able via a config file or something edit the ambient events say I turn the pedestrian fighting, stealing, and general criminality "up to 11" to simulate a riot or something similar?

4 hours ago, Fells said:

These all sound like features from Albo1125's Traffic Policer. I shudder thinking about playing without it.

Not really. You can RP it, but the "suspects" don't know or recognize if you will that they got pulled over for expired tags. I totally see where you're coming from though!

3 hours ago, Giordano said:

THIS IS LOOKING SO DAMN GOOD!

This is me speaking as myself, not as a member of G17 Media or on any "official" capacity.  Based on the other previews, it seems like 0.4 is going to offer most of what Albo's mods do, aside from Smart Radio.  There will still be some features from his mods that we don't have (coroner being one of them.  I don't recall Sam ever saying in past 0.4 threads if this was a thing), but for the most part, I think 0.4 may be beneficial in knocking down how many extra LSPDFR dependent mods we need, which is really a good thing.

True! That would enable people with less than a monster PC with a 960+ that could also enjoy the mod as well.

will this update fix the pursuit traffic uturns problem? also the frame rate issue? i go from 60fps to 20 once i start lspdfr

23 minutes ago, vynlthrash said:

will this update fix the pursuit traffic uturns problem? also the frame rate issue? i go from 60fps to 20 once i start lspdfr

The u-turn issue is a coding thing and I would love to see it fixed, but I am unsure if they can fix that. Your frames are dependent on the RIG you have, the plugins you have installed, how modern your plugins are, how many texture mods you have, how many custom cars you have and of course how many scripts you have. I get over 60fps EASY after I reinstalled LSPDFR and Rage and also purged out old plugins. Before I had old plugins, retired scripts and I would get 35fps at most, have terrible texture pops, and the civ cars would bug out because I had so many customs. I also use a standalone DLC folder where I keep all my cars that I have in my game.

2 minutes ago, Officer Wiggins said:

The u-turn issue is a coding thing and I would love to see it fixed, but I am unsure if they can fix that. Your frames are dependent on the RIG you have, the plugins you have installed, how modern your plugins are, how many texture mods you have, how many custom cars you have and of course how many scripts you have. I get over 60fps EASY after I reinstalled LSPDFR and Rage and also purged out old plugins. Before I had old plugins, retired scripts and I would get 35fps at most, have terrible texture pops, and the civ cars would bug out because I had so many customs. I also use a standalone DLC folder where I keep all my cars that I have in my game.

my pc can run gta v on ultra at 60fps.. i run on medium settings and alot of callouts..but with just lspdfr no addons i still get 20-25 frames 😞 i have also used standalone dlc folders to no help in fps 😞

Posted (edited)

this all sounds freaking awesome!

looking forward to using the handheld radio animation, would it be possible to make lspdfr automatically remove the radio from the belt while the animation is used?

(if the ped supports toggleable radios, the peds from custos great total cop overhaul mod feature the radio as a individual component, which could technically be disabled by a script iirc)

kinda like the cop holster plugin, which removes the pistol from the holster when the weapon is used by the player.

Edited by 11john11

Rockstar should have done the whole DayZ thing and created a stand-alone game for LSPDFR using GTA5 base game with official support because there is certainly enough fans to justify it.

About a month and a half after an update I start getting a bit salty ('why did they say the wait is over in the first bit of news 8 months ago') but then when the next preview drops and I read the additional features and I see how much time must have been put into this mod I begin to relax again for a while at least 😀

Love every single preview you put out... now just the wait for the release should be here around January if I had to guess. Hopefully you integrated radio chatter whereas while you’re on patrol you hear the radio flickering and people talking back and forth. Sorta like a real police radio or a online police scanner, but in the game.

After a long break away from LSPDFR and modding, I'm looking forward to get back into it again once 0.4 is released. I can't wait to setup my own law enforcement agencies and their jurisdictions, it seems a lot of the things that I wasn't happy about with 0.3 appear to be addressed with this version. It would also be interesting to see how the add-ons and plugins are updated to run with 0.4.

9 hours ago, wolby2010 said:

Rockstar should have done the whole DayZ thing and created a stand-alone game for LSPDFR using GTA5 base game with official support because there is certainly enough fans to justify it.

About a month and a half after an update I start getting a bit salty ('why did they say the wait is over in the first bit of news 8 months ago') but then when the next preview drops and I read the additional features and I see how much time must have been put into this mod I begin to relax again for a while at least 😀

I think Rockstar are pretty happy with the direction that they took the game in.  I remember a conversation with @Requies where she explained to me that originally GTA Online was meant to be based around cops and gangs, which was the first time that I'd heard that.  A couple of leaks and some leftovers in the game all but confirm this - it's obvious they decided to go a different direction with it instead and focus on races, expensive cars, etc.  It was presumably a good decision, because they're making a lot of money from it.  Who knows what the future will bring though.

10 hours ago, 11john11 said:

this all sounds freaking awesome!

looking forward to using the handheld radio animation, would it be possible to make lspdfr automatically remove the radio from the belt while the animation is used?

(if the ped supports toggleable radios, the peds from custos great total cop overhaul mod feature the radio as a individual component, which could technically be disabled by a script iirc)

kinda like the cop holster plugin, which removes the pistol from the holster when the weapon is used by the player.

It's possible, but it won't be in LSPDFR as it requires custom character models to be used.  LSPDFR is meant to always work with the original game.  Cop Holster already does a good job at this stuff and is an optional thing that people can choose to have.  They would probably be able to do it for the radio too.

11 hours ago, vynlthrash said:

Frame rate issues generally aren't caused by LSPDFR itself, but by other mods.  I think we fixed the backup u-turn issue as much as is possible, you can read more about pursuit changes here: https://www.lcpdfr.com/forums/topic/85236-lspdfr-04-pursuits-intervention/

Posted (edited)

The traffic U-turning on the highways constantly is due to LSPDFR?

Edited by Slushy

2 minutes ago, Slushy said:

I could be wrong because it has been a long, long time since I've used the vanilla lights and siren system (non ELS), but I was almost positive U-turners.com was caused by ELS.

6 minutes ago, Slushy said:

No, this is usually caused by sirens.

The Subject of partners is noticeably absent. While I am very excited for LSPDFR 0.4, I still would like a decent working partner system aside from the mods that haven't been updated in a while, or tend to break sometimes and may prove unreliable.  The main point I'm trying to get to is will 0.4, include a partner system? and if so, what should we expect from it?

Hi, I had a question similar to some others. I was wondering about the plugins, scripts, and things like script hook v, rage plugin hook ETC.

I'm guessing that all these things would have to be updated?

Also, I'm guessing that with many of these updates we won't need mods like EUP or even some of albos mods? 

Thanks In Advance.

(Once Again Sorry To Bother You With This Question. I Was Just Hoping For Some More Clarity!)

33 minutes ago, Hardcoregamer9873 said:

Hi, I had a question similar to some others. I was wondering about the plugins, scripts, and things like script hook v, rage plugin hook ETC.

I'm guessing that all these things would have to be updated?

Also, I'm guessing that with many of these updates we won't need mods like EUP or even some of albos mods? 

Thanks In Advance.

(Once Again Sorry To Bother You With This Question. I Was Just Hoping For Some More Clarity!)

To play LSPDFR 0.4, all you will need is the RAGE Plugin Hook.  If you use other scripts, these will need to be updated to work with LSPDFR 0.4.

And no, you will still be able to use EUP (we recommend that you do for 0.4) and there's a lot of features in @Albo1125's mods which I'm sure you will still want to have if you currently use his mods.

35 minutes ago, OfficerGlock said:

The Subject of partners is noticeably absent. While I am very excited for LSPDFR 0.4, I still would like a decent working partner system aside from the mods that haven't been updated in a while, or tend to break sometimes and may prove unreliable.  The main point I'm trying to get to is will 0.4, include a partner system? and if so, what should we expect from it?

To be honest, probably not.  It's something that we wanted to do, but we also need to actually stop adding things so that we can actually release it, so yeah...   I'm not sure, we'll see what happens.  If we did add a partner system, we wouldn't it to be basic.  We would want a decent amount of control and interaction with your partner.  It'd be a lot of work.

13 hours ago, Not a Narc said:

How can I get my hands on Officers Tenpenny Pulaski and Hernandez as beat partners? That's backup I can rely on to shoot straight and I need it.

I know right!  Hernandez and Pulaski don't look too good though.  It'd be interesting to see someone try to make better ones.