verony28066

GTA V vehicles.awc ( vehicle sounds ) changed after new update

if you look at the vehicle.awc after the new gta update u can see that all police siren files have changed, for example now the main police tone is called siren_pa2a_wail instead of the old 0x0D...446 ( or something like that) and there are a bunch of new renamed files. Before, there was only 1 file called siren_2 now there are a bunch of new ones and it looks like they are new. Very strange since there are no changes to the vanilla gta v sirens, could this mean that some sort of police update is coming to gta v/online? Also, the old siren packs dont work because of the changed names of the files. Not sure if im the only one noticing but there seems to be no topic on this thing ever created. here are some of the new files ( there are more when u scroll down)

Capture.JPG

8 hours ago, Officer Wiggins said:

My guess is those are placeholders... I personally just replaced my sirens three days ago with no issues 🙂

maybe you replaced them with an updated siren pack, the 0x0D...446 file for the main siren does not currently work with the newest gta update. I think either they did it so they can screw around with the modding community( they always change stuff, update.rpf and it messes up everything with modded gta or a new police update is coming soon, which would be kinda cool but also kinda meh considering we have lspdfr

I used Gravel's Modern Siren Pack if that helps. Honestly, I use standalone folders to combat that ha ha, but I know exactly how frustrating that is, because I used to use lets say patchdayng 17. Update comes out and that is useless lol. My 45+ hours of skinning and replacing gone ha ha 🙂

13 hours ago, Officer Wiggins said:

I used Gravel's Modern Siren Pack if that helps. Honestly, I use standalone folders to combat that ha ha, but I know exactly how frustrating that is, because I used to use lets say patchdayng 17. Update comes out and that is useless lol. My 45+ hours of skinning and replacing gone ha ha 🙂

strangely. i have never had any patchday issues for my 2 years gta lspdfr experience, the problems i had were rockstar changing and re-aranging files. there was a very good weapons overhaul mode now its useless for example