Sherlockk

What would make my game run 60fps+ with mods?

Just looking to see what I need to upgrade in my PC to get 60+ FPS while running lspdfr and normal-high graphics. Currently have

GTX 1060 6Gb

I7-4790 (I believe that's what I need to upgrade

2tb hard drive

8gb DDR Ram

Not sure what the motherboard is but I can get it if that's what I need to upgrade, but it should still be fairly new. 

The only things i recommend to upgrade in your system, are:

The RAM, to 16GB

Put an SSD in your PC too, and put GTA on the SSD. 

That will increase your loadingspeed. Since i've done that in my old system, (i had the i5-4460) GTA ran absolutly fine, with LSPDFR, and a lot of scripts, and a bunch of modded cars.

There is only one problem, your upgradeidea won't work. Your CPU-Socket, is "LGA1150". for this socket, there are only 4cores CPU available. If you wan't to upgrade, your CPU, you have to pic an other socket, and with these, you need an other mainboard.
But if you don't change the CPU, you shoud be, as i said, with a little more RAM, and an SSD, absolutly fine. For the SSD-part, i can recommend the 860 evo with 500GB from Samsung.

Edited by Tardis

If you find any typing mistake, you can keep it 🙂 / Falls du einen Rechtschreibfehler findest, darfst du ihn behalten 🙂

You won't regret switching to an i7-4790K, from just a regular i7-4790. I did this and there was a noticeable improvement. As for a 1060, try a 1070 or 1080. Switching to a K CPU and saving money on a new motherboard, will sort of make up for the price of the new graphics card. You can get decent graphic cards, 1070 and 1080, depending on the brand and where you buy them from. You already have 8GB Ram, you can buy decent (2) 8GB RAM for about $70, totaling 24GB of RAM. 

In the end, it just depends on what your budget is. 

24 minutes ago, Fartknockr said:

You won't regret switching

Sure it's an good idea to switch to the "k-version". I tought he allready has that CPU, so i don't thinked at the non-k-version.

Im simply forget that there are two versions....

But anyway, if he will upgrade his CPU, then i will suggest, he goes to an other socket, because the 1150-socket, is max.4-cores....

If you find any typing mistake, you can keep it 🙂 / Falls du einen Rechtschreibfehler findest, darfst du ihn behalten 🙂

New gen nvidia cards are due this fall. the 1080 is over 2 years old now and so overpriced its hilarious.

there is literally no need to run gta off an ssd.  ive done it either way, now my steam folder is on a 2.5 drive (i like them over 3.5")

4790 series while great cpu is old socket design. its 4 years old. its totally not worth swapping a mobo for it at this point..  unless you can get the whole thing on the cheap. 

but retail you are looking at 500$ for the cpu and a good mobo for it. which is the same price when it came out, 4+ years ago.... 

ram.... 32-64gb because windows 10 is such an epic nightmare it cashes everything to ram. 16g for win 7 works just fine. 

Edited by sgtdonuts

[img]http://www.lcpdfr.com/cops/forum/crimestats/user/44082/sig.jpg[/img] Stats reset june. hardcore mode active.