Sam

LSPDFR 0.4 - Pursuits & Intervention

On 8/23/2018 at 5:56 AM, GTALawEnforcer said:

I'm curious as to what it took Development wise to teach the NPC/AI to successfully perform the PIT maneuver?. The AI driving is so eradic spontaneous it's so cool to see them to something calculated and effective for once. 

We've recovered some unused code in the game and polished it up to integrate with our AI. While it works well for most of the cases it is still GTA V at the end of the day.

4 hours ago, AmericanHegemony said:

I'd really like to be able to manually begin a pursuit on a blipped car - sometimes they're going too fast or have too great a headstart for me to pull over.

I believe this is what you're wanting.

Can't wait for the next preview. There is so much they have to offer. Hopefully some day along the line developers can make huge packs where there are pre-made agencies (Like you download it and then a new agency starts patrolling with addon cars added in the pack) The stuff of dreams right there.

On 9/5/2018 at 7:20 PM, The19Ronnoc55 said:

Can't wait for the next preview. There is so much they have to offer. Hopefully some day along the line developers can make huge packs where there are pre-made agencies (Like you download it and then a new agency starts patrolling with addon cars added in the pack) The stuff of dreams right there.

Until then though, RDE still works if you install it properly and get the Hotfix OIV file from their Discord. RDE is key for immersion and realism when it comes to LSPDFR. That may fit the bill for you.

RDE - Content

Spoiler

Content:

1. Multiple optimizations have been performed on peds and vehicles to increase performance and stability.
  2. Multiple ped models have been updated to take advantage of YMT editing, which allows for new components and textures to be set on peds - this allows for eg. female peds to have new bulletproof vests, multiple new nametag textures, nightstick, tazer and holster components to take advantage of updated CopHolster mod.
  3. Existing peds have been improved with higher quality textures and model parts.
  4. New peds such as female LSPD SWAT, old LSPD cop, LSSD detectives, new FIB agents and more have been added.
  5. All vehicles have updated interiors (including lore-friendly police consoles).
  6. New vehicles have been added - examples include new unmarked vehicles or the armed military Annihilator.
  7. Building edits have been fixed to work with non-MP maps.
  8. New LSSD advertisement for Davis Sheriff Station.
  9. Updated loadouts.meta and relationships.dat for more dynamic ambient shootouts.

RDE Design Philosophy 

Spoiler

RDE DESIGN PHILOSOPHY 
RDE is:

1. Lore Friendly - each of the changes introduced does not stand out from the GTA universe created by Rockstar Games. The concepts introduced out by Rockstar have instead been expanded and revamped with loving care.
  2. Realistic - many of the introduced changes bring GTA V closer to the real-life - examples include new AI behaviors and tactics, agency jurisdictions, response types and more. However, realistic does not mean real - it’s still the GTA universe, just better.
  3. Detailed - every aspect of the mod has been perfected to the tiniest detail, from higher quality models and textures to new police stations. Even the tiny details such as port police officers replacing private security in relevant places in the Port of South LS are included, and many more details have been added to already existing models.
  4. Fun - RDE has been made to be a challenging but fun experience. The specialized, built-from-ground-up wanted level system allows for truly epic chases and shootouts - but watch out! Cops have some new tools in their equipment, and they know how to use them - to great effect. True Sixth Star has been added - can you survive the law enforcement agencies of San Andreas throwing everything they have at you?

RDE improves and expands old law enforcement agencies and brings new ones to the GTA world, based on real-life ones yet seamlessly integrated into the universe, providing unparalleled variety, with no cut corners. Outrun the San Andreas Highway Patrol on the freeways, play hide-and-seek with San Andreas State Parks Rangers, meet Los Santos Sheriff’s Department in LS County and more. 

RDE Factions Added / Expanded 

Spoiler

Law Enforcement Agencies: 
Local:

1. Los Santos Police Department (LSPD),
  2. Los Santos Sheriff Department (LSSD),
  3. Blaine County Sheriff's Office (BCSO),
  4. Los Santos Port Authority Police (PAP),
  5. Los Santos International Airport Police (LSIAPD)

State:

1. San Andreas Highway Patrol (SAHP),
  2. San Andreas State Park Rangers (SASP),
  3. San Andreas Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation (SADCR),
  4. San Andreas National Guard (Military)

Federal:

1. National Office of Security Enforcement (NOOSE),
  2. Federal Investigation Bureau (FIB, expanded in optional add-on),
  3. United States Coast Guard (USCG)

RDE Ending Summary

Spoiler

RDE is also a perfect base for LSPDFR mod. You can install RDE and the provided backup.xml and enjoy the ultimate LSPDFR experience with no hassle, taking advantage of all the new RDE vehicles and peds. We have also included configuration files for several popular plugins, such as ArrestManager by Albo1125, Automatic Roadblocks by khorio, CustomBackup and BetterEMS by PNWParksFan and CopHolster by PieRGud. A lore friendly texture for Albo1125's PoliceSmartRadio has also been included. 

As much as i love customization and added vehicles and such, i hope development focuses on optimazation and increased performance with plugins and additional mods and such. We have people with I7's and the latest VGA's priced over $1,200 and still cannot break 40 FPS with LSPDFR and some plugins/scripts running. We are nearly at the half way point with 0.5 approaching slowly, by the time we get to 1.0 i cannot imagine how many Call Out Packs and different Scripts and stuff will be availible. Currently 29-32 Callout Plugin Packs. Hundreds of call outs, there will be thousands by the time it's all said and done. Not counting spontanious and ambient crime events. So much awesomeness in LSPDFR's future alone, very exciting to see where this Modification is going!.

Edited by GTALawEnforcer

Very very much looking forward to seeing more previews, this has bought be back into the fold with a passion, had to reinstall GTA 5 and LSPDFR just for the nostalgia, might even look into picking up my old modding again, especially with the new features that 0.4 will bring to the game.

Can't wait for more details and eventually a round-a-bout release date. Keep up the amazing work with this mod.

Looks cool, I'm excited to see some NPC officers slam their car into the rear end of another car... Seems like some fun will come from it too, lol. 🙂

All the wonderfully teasing previews for 0.4 this far look so good - I only logged back on today to check in and it’s rekindled my desire to load up GTA and LSPDFR again but with the prospect of something massively game changing (literally!) like this in the pipeline, I think I will hold off until we have a date. 😍I can only hope I remember to check in for it! 

Hats off to everyone involved (as well as the remaining LSPDFR modding community) for such a fab game addition. It basically offered a whole new gameplay with a completely fresh (180 flipped I might add) perspective. From criminal to cop, what could be better!

i realy want this version that because lspdfr mods (plugins) doesn't work and nobody helps me about that. Thanks.

Posted (edited)

I check back daily and can wait, if had to guess I’d say 0.4 be released in January like 0.3 was, which be great, new year of a new 0. version 

Edited by Harry556

3 hours ago, Gary Connor said:

Looks good. But I hope... that version 0.4 can fix more bugs, such as: serious dropped frames in LSPDFR, prone to crashes and so on.🙃

The FPS drops and crashes are a result of third party plugins such as callouts.  LSPDFR by itself is stable both with FPS and no crashes.

At the same time though, the beauty of LSPDFR is that it is compatible with so many addons. It could be completely opposite and force you to use it on its own. A lot of people bash on stability etc, but that isn't the case, like Giordano said.

Hyped up for the next reveal post, look forward to seeing the magic.

On 10/4/2018 at 4:36 AM, Giordano said:

The FPS drops and crashes are a result of third party plugins such as callouts.  LSPDFR by itself is stable both with FPS and no crashes.

I also heard a lot of people say that when they started using LSPDFR, they didn't install any other plugins, script and callouts. When the LSPDFR mode was started, there was a noticeable decrease in the number of frames. And obviously, this is not a problem with the computer configuration.

Posted (edited)

Really hoping to see a lot of new features integrated; thus another preview will come this month as the others come around every three months or so (haha yea I checked :’) )

Edited by Officer Colefield

On 10/6/2018 at 8:07 PM, Gary Connor said:

I also heard a lot of people say that when they started using LSPDFR, they didn't install any other plugins, script and callouts. When the LSPDFR mode was started, there was a noticeable decrease in the number of frames. And obviously, this is not a problem with the computer configuration.

Gary that is going to happen, but not because of LSPDFR so to speak, it seems to be more due to the way that the script hook and rage plugin hook work to interact with GTA. The amount of work the game is having to do to keep interacting with the scripts and plugin hook are in general the main cause for fps loss. Having said that though, no matter what they do, it will always impact fps. I tried loading my game up and as soon as I initialise any of my scripts (without loading lspdfr) there is a small hit, for the most basic of scripts.

1 hour ago, AussieMerc said:

Gary that is going to happen, but not because of LSPDFR so to speak, it seems to be more due to the way that the script hook and rage plugin hook work to interact with GTA. The amount of work the game is having to do to keep interacting with the scripts and plugin hook are in general the main cause for fps loss. Having said that though, no matter what they do, it will always impact fps. I tried loading my game up and as soon as I initialise any of my scripts (without loading lspdfr) there is a small hit, for the most basic of scripts.

Yeah, I know. Many scripts and plugins do cause a serious drop in the number of frames.