Sam

LSPDFR 0.4 - Pursuits & Intervention

7 hours ago, c13 said:

How in depth is this feature? Some questions that come to mind:

Would it be possible to have agencies break off from the pursuit and to only have units from the current jurisdiction involved?

Limiting the number of total units?

Having only a few agencies involved (IE:SAHP and Rockford Hills, but no LSPD or LSSD)?

Weapon spawns of officers, such as handguns and less lethals if the suspects do not have a weapon, and long guns corresponding to the settings in the backup.ini should the suspect fire shots?

So, yeah, if you designate a specific agency it works on an exclusive basis meaning that only the specified agency will pursue and any other agencies already there will disengage.  It's not possible to select multiple agencies.

The max number of units in a pursuit can be customized in the settings.

14 minutes ago, Sam said:

So, yeah, if you designate a specific agency it works on an exclusive basis meaning that only the specified agency will pursue and any other agencies already there will disengage.  It's not possible to select multiple agencies.

The max number of units in a pursuit can be customized in the settings.

So does this mean you can't call SAHP and LSPD in the same pursuit?

19 minutes ago, rmckinstry said:

So does this mean you can't call SAHP and LSPD in the same pursuit?

From how I understand it, once you get into jurisdiction of an agency and call for local backup, they will respond. But once you use the menu to make a pursuit agency exclusive, only that agency will respond.

And I am sure SAHP exclusive backup will still be an option on the backup menu.

Posted (edited)

Keep up the good work for this awesome mod!

I'm still slightly weirded out though by the "kifflom" feature present in the mod. & is it normal for your character to randomly walk some steps to a suspect's car after saying "kifflom"? (happens regardless of range from suspect's vehicle)

Edited by dem impactz

Posted (edited)

I have two questions:

1: We will still be able to create our own agencies and jurisdictions, correct? We're not limited to just the LSPD, SAHP, etc? And if so, do our custom agencies appear in the Pursuit Menu?

2: How well will Pursuit Tactics work in a game that uses a handling line mod for the suspects' and/or officers' cars? The GIF of the PIT makes the action look smooth but I worry that it won't function the same way if there are handling mods present. This brings up another question: will the AI police officers "scan" the road ahead of them to make sure there is nothing in the way before they attempt the PIT?

Edited by theninja35

5 hours ago, theninja35 said:

I have two questions:

1: We will still be able to create our own agencies and jurisdictions, correct? We're not limited to just the LSPD, SAHP, etc? And if so, do our custom agencies appear in the Pursuit Menu?

Yes.  As for handling lines, I don't think it would be an issue.

Sam What will be done About cops randomly shooting at Civilian Ai's as they always seem to ruin a good moment in the chase or crime scene whenever car run them over or crash into the vehicles ?

now all you need to do is make a movealbe working spotlight 

Sam I gotta say,

This is definitely a work of art.. I can only imagine how much time you guys spent on this update I’ve been in your community for a while now and I’ve played LCPDFR when THAT first came out. I really do look forward to seeing all these new features. You have everyone really excited. Can you at least give us an estimate on when 0.4 will be released.. ☺️ Not a specific month so you don’t blow spots up but like soon really soon or like eventually.

Will pedestrians in cars still be impatient and run you over at traffic stops or murder scenes.  Either way I'm very proud of you guys for updating this masterpiece mod

3 cheers

and 12 beers

love what i see so far but how about when you arresting someone and i have to pull my gun for everything  is the new update going to have something better so that i can only take my gun out only when i need to

This is just looking really sexy. I really like how you can basically do some "on the fly," editing to the AI behavior and customize it to your own experience. Great job! 

On 8/6/2018 at 9:04 AM, ebens25 said:

Will pedestrians in cars still be impatient and run you over at traffic stops or murder scenes.  Either way I'm very proud of you guys for updating this masterpiece mod

3 cheers

and 12 beers

Install this plugin if you don't want that to happen: https://www.lcpdfr.com/files/file/18079-make-peds-calm-again-exclude-gang-members-panic-when-gun-discharged/

10 hours ago, J.J Designs said:

love what i see so far but how about when you arresting someone and i have to pull my gun for everything  is the new update going to have something better so that i can only take my gun out only when i need to

You don't have to pull your gun out to arrest someone, you can stop them and arrest them from the interaction menu if they're compliant and it'll do a different animation (cuffing them while they're standing).

Posted (edited)

Nice to see some news 😘

A lot of people lost interest to the MOD because of the lack of updates.
It's really sad to see a community losing members each month because of that. Fortunately, plugin developpers and car makers are still motivated... for now.

That being said, I really hope that this 0.4 will be the "saving" update !

1. The real big problem is the AI. The lack of realism to their behavior is ruining the game. I'm really happy for all the improvements you've done in 0.4.
    Nice to see that AI will now comply after a pit. Really hope they'll comply in others situations like... when 10 cops are running behind you telling you to stop. It could be nice to have the AI drivers correctly behave (move out the way correctly bitches) when we are using the siren.

2. Second big problem is the performances. As lspdfr lack a lot of features, plugins developpers added it. Albo for the big part, and I really send him lot of hugs, and you should do the same, because without him, maybe 99.9% of your community (everyone is using it) would have lost interest to the MOD. But sadly, it kills framerate. Lot of players can't just play the game correctly because of that. All Albo mods should be in the lspdfr MOD itself. For better performances. Really hope 0.4 will bring some optimizations.

Not LSPDFR problems but :

1. Another big problem (for me, at least) is the callouts.
    I don't understand why devs keeps making Rambo callouts. We really needs more (I know there is some, I have it) "code 2", "code chill and eat pizza", "roleplay" callouts. Having to chase people and draw my gun 80% of the time is really unrealistic. 90% of real life callouts are just little, boring (yeah, cop life is not fun), offenses and not random guys shooting and fleeing 25 times a day. That's why I now disable callouts to patrol, and just pull over some bad drivers, doing some roleplay by going to shops and ask them if anything is alright, checking random IDs on the street... and only randomly activate callouts when I want some action.😅

2. Also not an lspdfr problem, but, we needs a developper to sacrifice its life (joke, eh ?) recoding ELS ! Please, sacrifice for the community 😂. We wants to use all sirens hashes, have the AI use the differents sirens and have better environment lighting.

3. I really need to practice english.
Edited by Pumpk1in

I'm curious as to what it took Development wise to teach the NPC/AI to successfully perform the PIT maneuver?. The AI driving is so eradic spontaneous it's so cool to see them to something calculated and effective for once. 

On 7/30/2018 at 4:09 AM, Exeagle said:

sometimes i wish rock star would see the potential and how awesome this mod could be and give them access to the AI driving code and AI in general and fix all that wonky shit up.. 

being a long time player of arma series i use to play the crap out of the island life mods online and it was extremely fun and i always had a good time  

I wish one day unfortunately ill probally be turned to ashes by then that someone goes and makes a proper full pledge MP game based of island life mods and LCPDFR and maybe have the graphical details of ELS and maybe some of them reshade overhauls and just makes a one hell of an online life mod but a full pledge game with all the back end and what mechanics to support one 

the way AI is going theses days self learning and doing there own thing eventually games will have smart AI who will act realistically you could probably talk to and have conversation with like it was a real human  (why would you be talking to an AI well f knows) but just having a full open world game focused on LCPDFR cops/civ life/whatever job here.. all done right would be the best game ever.. 

AI in games theses days are so dopey but one day it will all change and games will be amazing (not like they ant already but on another level) unfortantly though i think VR gonna take up all the time for a few years until they can get games to run and look exactly like they do now but on VR and run at the same resolution 1080p 2k 4k whatever   at 144 fps ( i think that required for VR to work)  and not need a beast machine to run it.. so thats gonna take up alot of time that could be used to make even better games the way we play them now 

Who wants VR unless where talking sword art online kind of VR xD 

(the only games i know of that are coming up with an MP game like this is police 10 13 (doubt it will ever happen seems to be full of concept art and ideas) 
then there Identity (witch its had 500 delays and excuses just on there mini town square module that i don't think anything after that  will ever happen and when it does it will be dorky and take them 5000 delays) 
emergancyNYC looks kinda cool but just have to wait and see how that ends up.. as for all them other police sim games coming out the animations and what not look weird and the systems look to basic for me.. wahh why cant everything be perfect lol  

You just read my mind. Although I play ArmA too, I didn't touched too much life servers, because of the very nice optimization the game has. Talking about the rest you said, this is exactly for what I was searching almost since I had a computer and knew this was possible. An open world game that simulates life the best it can, mixing elements from different games. For being a footballer the mechanics of FIFA, military will have ArmA, cops will have LSPDFR mechanics... but everything in one. That will sadly be like 900 TB huge and very demanding in terms of PC, but who knows how everything ends. I saw the other day the game Flashing Lights and some people call it the new "LSPDFR", but I don't think so. It is still very new and needs lots of work to achieve the level of actual LSPDFR. I recommend you to take a look at it, just to have it in your "Let's see where this goes" list