Sam

LSPDFR 0.4 - Pursuits & Intervention

Posted (edited)

@Sam Do you have any idea, like only the smallest idea, of about when this is gonna be finished? (Not an exact date just something that would realistic like let's say a certain number of weeks or months or whatever)

Edited by johb2000

6 hours ago, johb2000 said:

@Sam Do you have any idea, like only the smallest idea, of about when this is gonna be finished? (Not an exact date just something that would realistic like let's say a certain number of weeks or months or whatever)

If we did, we'd let you know 😉

4 hours ago, GhostRz said:

@Sam Are there any plans to improve the AI overall and not just in the pursuits? like staying well hidden in a shootout with a suspect or multiple suspects 

There's a couple of improvements regarding combat in pursuits - suspects using heavy weapons will result in cops being much more careful and taking cover for example.  I'm not sure there's a whole lot else that can be done with combat though and to be honest, GTA V's combat isn't all that bad anyway.

@Sam  Great update, can't wait for the next one! 👍

I don't know if this request is for you or the modders doing Callouts, but here it is: can you improve the stealth? For example, if you're in the darkness, the enemy can't see you as well. And if crouching behind the enemy, you can take him down silently.

Keep up the good work

On 7/29/2018 at 8:11 AM, KINGVICC said:

will we be able to add state police to the new game? i saw something about territories where you can put what law enforcement to cover which. I wanted to know if we can expand and make state police or will the update include that 

@Sam

@Sam Speaking of AI. Is there any update regarding AI driving when responding to back up and shootout in back up mode? Since AI cops' backup driving is terrible and rams into other officer and kills them most of the time. and in combat, they can't take enough cover and rushes and get themselves killed. It will be great if some changes has been made to general back up driving. 

Also there is a problem in 0.3 which is backup failing to step out of vehicle during a pursuit when suspect get boxed or fled on foot. Any changes on that? 

Oh and last question, It seems like theres no traffic in the PIT demo clip, is it because of testing purpose or the traffic will mess the pit up?

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Sam said:

If we did, we'd let you know 😉

There's a couple of improvements regarding combat in pursuits - suspects using heavy weapons will result in cops being much more careful and taking cover for example.  I'm not sure there's a whole lot else that can be done with combat though and to be honest, GTA V's combat isn't all that bad anyway.

Some times I do senerios to test the LSPDFR AI against the Simple Native Trainers and it seems SNT's AI are alot more responsive when it comes to being attacked. 

Edited by GhostRz
capitalization

Quick question, does 0.4 bring in additional vehicle slots? As a result of the customisation and allocation of patrol areas, do we now have access to way more police car slots through LSPDFR or would we still require something like RDE? 

1 hour ago, SeaHawk14 said:

Quick question, does 0.4 bring in additional vehicle slots? As a result of the customisation and allocation of patrol areas, do we now have access to way more police car slots through LSPDFR or would we still require something like RDE? 

They already said they wouldn't add vehicles to the game and therefore no vehicle slots. You don't need RDE to do that, but you can use every add-on car mod you like.

Posted (edited)

I hope version 0.4 will go on to become a complete overhaul of LSPDFR, adding even more things that previous version had. No matter how long it will take. As long as devs timely share their progress with their astonished audience, I'm ready (and eager) to wait.

Hope PIT won't be the only thing AI knows how to do now. It would be cool if we'd be able to order a police helicopter to fast-rope a couple of SWAT guys. Or order cops to drive us in a car chase (sometimes I really want to just hop in some cop's car and shoot at the part from the window). Or order cops to stay close to us (on foot and in vehicles) or stay far etc.

But still, my main concern is a proper integrated partners system. I kind of tired of patrolling alone, and I just can't trust those NPC "partners" provided by mods (because they're difficult to control, homicidal, suicidal and generally incompetent).

Edited by Shaftoe

Posted (edited)
On 7/30/2018 at 8:36 PM, johb2000 said:

No, the development stage is not where the team could possibly have an idea on when the release date might be. My guess is that it will be out in December 2018. LSPDFR team wants to release this as a Christmas gift. 😃

Edited by Soley

12 hours ago, SeaHawk14 said:

You can manually add new slots yourself.  They are standalone, and still work fine.

4 hours ago, Soley said:

No, the development stage is not where the team could possibly have an idea on when the release date might be. My guess is that it will be out in December 2018. LSPDFR team wants to release this as a Christmas gift. 😃

Ighty thanks, would be the most amazing Christmas gift ever btw.

Will be there a possibility to have State Patrol patrolling only the highways?

Now the Sheriff hides in the bushes to catch speeders on the highway.

12 hours ago, John Kimble said:

Will there be a proper frisking animation in this update?

Yes, you should look through this:  https://www.lcpdfr.com/forums/topic/81745-lspdfr-04-announcement-first-preview/

On 7/31/2018 at 4:56 AM, loleikz said:

Oh and last question, It seems like theres no traffic in the PIT demo clip, is it because of testing purpose or the traffic will mess the pit up?

There is traffic - just there's nothing immediately next to the suspect.  They won't PIT if there's a lot of traffic very close by.

@Sam Will this new update improve the way AI cops react to on foot pursuits? More often than not if a pursuit starts on foot and backup is called the cops will drive in circles crashing into things.

Posted (edited)
On 7/28/2018 at 4:00 AM, Sam said:

The cool thing about the new Interaction options for Pursuits is that it ties in nicely with the new customization options introduced in 0.4, and covered earlier in our previews.  So, not only can you define and configure law enforcement agencies to your liking, but you can also carry this through to pursuits too by designating a specific agency to handle the chase.  If, for example, a pursuit that starts in Los Santos crosses multiple jurisdictions then it's entirely probable that you'll end up with a number of agencies joining, which depending on the circumstances and/or your own preferences, might not be so desirable.  With the new Interaction options, you could simply specify that the initiating agency (i.e. the LSPD in this case) handles the pursuit, leaving the other agencies to mind their own business.

How in depth is this feature? Some questions that come to mind:

Would it be possible to have agencies break off from the pursuit and to only have units from the current jurisdiction involved?

Limiting the number of total units?

Having only a few agencies involved (IE:SAHP and Rockford Hills, but no LSPD or LSSD)?

Weapon spawns of officers, such as handguns and less lethals if the suspects do not have a weapon, and long guns corresponding to the settings in the backup.ini should the suspect fire shots?

Edited by c13