Ranger61

Civilian AudioHashName for police car

I'm trying to switch the audionamehash of some of my police cars to the "WINDSOR". However, editing the audionamehash with the WINDSOR replaces the radio scanner in the background with the regular radio and I can't turn it off. Is there another file I'm suppose to edit to make the Windsor work with the regular police scanner playing in the background?

ASUS Z97-DELUXE, LGA1150 Motherboard, i7-4790K Quad-Core 4 - 4.4GHz, Cosair 16GB (2 x 8GB) Vengeance Pro Red DDR3, GeForce GTX 980, Micron 256GB M600 SSD (Primary), 3TB Barracuda (Secondary), Corsair hx750 Power Supply

7 hours ago, Ranger61 said:

I'm trying to switch the audionamehash of some of my police cars to the "WINDSOR". However, editing the audionamehash with the WINDSOR replaces the radio scanner in the background with the regular radio and I can't turn it off. Is there another file I'm suppose to edit to make the Windsor work with the regular police scanner playing in the background?

The audionamehash is what dictates how the car sounds. 

Sounding like a police car = radio traffic.

Sounding like a civ car = normal radio.

I recommend just turning off the in-game radio volume.  If you want a police scanner going in the background, check out https://www.broadcastify.com

@Eddlm made a sound swap script that can help. It's mainly to allow you to use the audionamehash to set the siren sound you want for an emergency vehicle, and then use the script to swap the vehicles sounds to a civilian model's set, but it also disables the radio in the police vehicles that are swapped in the script. I don't think it adds the ambient emergency radio sounds afterwards, though.

https://www.gta5-mods.com/scripts/auto-engine-sound-swapper

Edited by The Loot