Sam

LSPDFR 0.4 - The Technology

Posted (edited)

Not gonna lie, when the site was down the other day I was thinking LSPDFR was updated. Sigh.

Well, good to hear another update though.

I made a vow to not reinstall LSPDFR until the 0.4 release though. I'd rather not install 2000000 scripts for them to be useless the next day (or there about).

Thanks for the amazing work and making LSPDFR what it is! I would've never found my creative abilities in texture designs if it wasn't for this mod. Keep up the outstanding job, and here's to many more years; Cheers!

Edited by Niedosik

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, JClem said:

Likewise; I'm waiting for 0.4 to re-up LSPDFR and start policing again. Can't wait!

I hope to see you on the streets soon Officer Ronson! :teehee:

image.thumb.png.b4263f46fd31e07542d77846679562cd.png

"Officer Ronson and his clones obviously couldn't make it to the flashlight party."

Edited by Niedosik

Looks awesome, keep up the great work. Thanks for the update on this and it seems like the developers of scripts will have their hands full making  this a whole lot more interesting. 

The hype is getting higher with each such Preview topic. Exciting details here, thank you for sharing them! 🙂

2 hours ago, Sam said:

Scenarios

Sticking with the topic of improvements to a lot of the technology that powers LSPDFR, we've added all new functionality throughout the mod for custom Scenarios.  In general, we like to think of Scenarios as short ambient sequences which can just spontaneously happen within the world.  In addition to this, though, we also support Scenarios across a couple of our other systems, like both pursuits and traffic stops.  This opens up a bunch of new opportunities for gameplay as just like in real life, there's now so much more that could happen during a traffic stop.  Perhaps they exit their vehicle while you're approaching?  Do they have a weapon, or are they just angry and complaining?

FXtkxrx.jpg

From 'routine' traffic stops gone totally wrong to suspects ditching their cars and bailing, Scenarios add all new depth to LSPDFR.

The best bit about Scenarios, though, is that we've also added them to the LSPDFR 0.4 API, and while we've come up with a few of our own, we know that there's many developers who will knock it out of the park in their attempts to find new and interesting ways of enhancing the experience with Scenarios.   Be it by creating new situations that can happen during traffic stops, devising new ways that pursuit suspects will attempt to elude officers, or even by taking advantage of some of the other additions to 0.4, like the Crime System for example, to add a bunch of new ambient crimes throughout the game, we think that the new Scenario system will add much more depth and variety to LSPDFR.

giE0cor.jpg

The scene after an escaped pursuit suspect's burned out vehicle was located.

I just mentioned in the other thread on page 6 that I wish the suspects were a bit more creative and violent and tried to do something other than act like spaced out AI.

I just mentioned in the other thread that I wish the suspects were a bit more creative and violent and tried to do something other than act like spaced out AI. What a nice surprise and nice update to what's in store. Seems I've stumbled upon this at the right time. Thanks for your work on this everyone!

Quick question. Please... PLEASE find a way to develop or pick up where the creator of Vocal Dispatch left off. Instead of having to hit a key to update dispatch like you are describing, make it more in depth like it is with Vocal Dispatch! Telling dispatch I'm 10-41 and 10-8 and having her respond copy that "officer so and so" is so damn awesome! Not to mention asking for code 2 or 3 backup, air support, swat, tow truck, coroner, EMS etc! I just wish she would say 10-4 or copy when giving my 20 or just giving a 10-4 when updating through out the call.

I really wish the developer would come back to keep working on it. It has SO DAMN MUCH POTENTIAL!

Anyway, amazing work guys!

I'm so damn hyped for 0.4  It's going to change LSPDFR and make things so much nicer!

including the ability for nearby civilians to actually call 911 if they witness a crime.

YES PLEASE!!!!

Nice to see that a lot of work is being done to the AI for both cops and criminals, hopefully that means there's more variation in pursuits in terms of paths the suspect takes and that they can present a challenge to the player. In 0.3 one of the problems I noticed is the suspect doesn't try any maneuvres and they would always carry on in a straight line using the same road over and over.

I have a few questions though, are there any improvements to the AI that you would have liked to implement but are unable to due to game limitations? Does the engine still offer you many ways to improve the AI despite this obstacle? I hope that makes sense.

My final question is, have you fixed the AI making U turns on major roads and highways?

Looking forward to future updates, keep up the excellent work.

I’m fairly new to lcpdfr (joined approx 1  month ago )and I have to say this is some

of the most incredible developing I have ever seen! I am beyond thrilled to see an update fairly close to me starting off.  To any developers involved in anyway, shape, or form it is because of you and this mod that I bought a gaming pc 

i have ZERO regrets 

I wish that there will be a mod store right in the game or in a different program that will keep the mods up to date. It could take less time to install and uninstall mods. So hyped about this new lspdfr though !!

21 hours ago, JClem said:

Likewise; I'm waiting for 0.4 to re-up LSPDFR and start policing again. Can't wait!

Same here!

Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, ChiefSam said:

I wish that there will be a mod store right in the game or in a different program that will keep the mods up to date. It could take less time to install and uninstall mods. So hyped about this new lspdfr though !!

I agree.

Can't wait for 0.4 😄

Edited by DoraTheExplora

Absolutely amazing, this is the best update teaser so far!

I don't wanna play 0.3 anymore, though, it just seems so dull compared to this!

5 minutes ago, LaStateTrooper1 said:

Just curious if there is suspected release date. I haven't been able to find anything but still I' m pretty excited about it!

They never announce release dates 😞