Sam

LSPDFR 0.4 - The Technology

On 7/12/2018 at 5:56 AM, Pipeline said:

I like your suggestions, but...

Suspect and possible victims around them should be randomised. Why can't it subvert the expectation that sex offender = male and victim(s) of such people = female?

It was just an example but yes I agree

19 hours ago, Pipeline said:

It isn't even as if randomised suspects and victims would be "untrue" - a criminal is a criminal, gender is not relevant. But yes, challenging the stereotype would be fantastic, you're right.

Of course entirely randomised suspects and victims would be untrue if you're trying to match reality. Men commit far more violent crime than women, there are entire fields dedicated to trying to explain the why of sex differences in crime, but they are most definitely there. 

46 minutes ago, Cyan said:

Of course entirely randomised suspects and victims would be untrue if you're trying to match reality. Men commit far more violent crime than women, there are entire fields dedicated to trying to explain the why of sex differences in crime, but they are most definitely there. 

I certainly don't wish to start some big debate/argument, but I will say this - in my view, it is not that men commit more crimes than women, it's just that women are less likely to be caught, prosecuted, jailed, etc. Therefore the statistics are skewed. Furthermore, sometimes it is the case that a woman will incite a man to violence, making him do her "dirty work" without her risking getting in trouble. There is also the phenomenon of women being defended by men who believe that they are being attacked or some such, even when that isn't the case. Even when it is just an unfalsifiable claim.

Will there be full controller support? I'm new to gaming computers in general and I'm having trouble with the conversion a bit.

13 hours ago, TheSandwichStealer said:

I hope you guys plan on including some kind of roadblock feature, there was the AutomaticRoadblocks mod, but it hasn't been updated for a while, plus it has crashing issues. 

A native roadblock feature would be great, but I believe it wont be that easy as it would cause much bugs and conflicts especially with the other existing cars in the road. you cant even pull over a car in the highway without causing infinite accidents and fights etc... a roadblock? 😅

2 minutes ago, GeneralQ said:

A native roadblock feature would be great, but I believe it wont be that easy as it would cause much bugs and conflicts especially with the other existing cars in the road. you cant even pull over a car in the highway without causing infinite accidents and fights etc... a roadblock? 😅

I mean, they did have the feature in LCPDFR.

2 minutes ago, TheSandwichStealer said:

I mean, they did have the feature in LCPDFR.

I did not play lcpdfr tbh (had gta iv only on ps3), so I have no clue how they would do it but if ever this feature gets implanted that would be really really awesome...

3 hours ago, Tim249 said:

Dying here! It's been two months! Why do you have to tease us so long! 🙂 Here's to hoping they're just waiting for the final GT 5 DLC to work out any associated bugs....

The problem here is I can’t “like” your post enough!

On 7/12/2018 at 11:56 AM, Pipeline said:

I like your suggestions, but...

Suspect and possible victims around them should be randomised. Why can't it subvert the expectation that sex offender = male and victim(s) of such people = female?

I'm coding this just now using the API, i have spawned a fat guy and then he plays the jerk off animation, soo funny lol.

On 7/14/2018 at 4:06 PM, Tim249 said:

Dying here! It's been two months! Why do you have to tease us so long! 🙂 Here's to hoping they're just waiting for the final GT 5 DLC to work out any associated bugs....

What does the GTA V DLC have to do with this? Whatever DLC Rockstar gives us has no impact on rather on how long it will take to finish LSPDFR.

1 hour ago, Clarinetplayer77 said:

What does the GTA V DLC have to do with this? Whatever DLC Rockstar gives us has no impact on rather on how long it will take to finish LSPDFR.

I think we'll find out soon, the new update comes out on July 24th.🤞🙏

12 minutes ago, Maximilian89 said:

I'm still confused what you're talking about.  There have been plenty of Rockstar updates and LSPDFR hasn't needed an update. It'll still work just fine.  RPH is what will need to be updated.

3 hours ago, Giordano said:

I'm still confused what you're talking about.  There have been plenty of Rockstar updates and LSPDFR hasn't needed an update. It'll still work just fine.  RPH is what will need to be updated.

Somewhat related, when the LSPDFR update comes out, won't RDE have to update their LSPDFR compatible functions? 

6 hours ago, Clarinetplayer77 said:

They seem to have LSPDFR finished or 99% finished...I figure they’ll wait and see if the new updates has any issues for their plugin, and then make sure Rage is ready to go before realeasing it and then rage doesn’t work cause of the update almost right away. LSPDFR (or at least Rage that it relies on) always goes down for a couple days after every update. 

1 hour ago, TheSandwichStealer said:

Somewhat related, when the LSPDFR update comes out, won't RDE have to update their LSPDFR compatible functions? 

I'd assume so, but I don't use RDE.

2 hours ago, Tim249 said:

They seem to have LSPDFR finished or 99% finished...I figure they’ll wait and see if the new updates has any issues for their plugin, and then make sure Rage is ready to go before realeasing it and then rage doesn’t work cause of the update almost right away. LSPDFR (or at least Rage that it relies on) always goes down for a couple days after every update. 

I thought the same thing months ago but GTA updates have come and gone since then. I wouldn't hold your breath that it gets released after this next update. It will be released whenever its ready. Unfortunately all we can do is wait and watch for news updates. Then when it eventually does release the massive overhaul of everyones mod folders will begin.

8 hours ago, Tim249 said:

They haven't even released the fourth preview of 0.4, calm down.

On 7/19/2018 at 11:10 AM, Maximilian89 said:

Unless if they make major changes to SP then I could see why they would wait, but like usual it will only effect online. Now we have to wait for RPH and plugins to be updated, but not LSPDFR.

On 7/19/2018 at 1:34 PM, Tim249 said:

Damn, LSPDFR is 99% finished?, i was not aware we were at 0.9 release teetering on the 1.0 final release this quickly. Oh wait, we're not...-..it's 0.4. We are not even half way through development and how many years has it been?. I would not cross your fingers or go thinking LSPDFR is near completion anytime soon. It will be weeks/months until 0.4 comes out, and it will literally be half a decade before you even see a 1.0 release like we did in LCPDFR a long time ago. Patience and maintaining an attitude that expects less than more is paramount to maintaining sanity while waiting for this mod to develop. If every other day you think the update is coming out...-...it will seem like FOREVER for it to actually come out. A watched pot never boils folks. I would expect 2-3 more rinky dinky video/screenshot updates with information in the coming months before the 0.4 Update itself even comes out.

17 hours ago, GTALawEnforcer said:

Damn, LSPDFR is 99% finished?, i was not aware we were at 0.9 release teetering on the 1.0 final release this quickly. Oh wait, we're not...-..it's 0.4. We are not even half way through development and how many years has it been?. I would not cross your fingers or go thinking LSPDFR is near completion anytime soon. It will be weeks/months until 0.4 comes out, and it will literally be half a decade before you even see a 1.0 release like we did in LCPDFR a long time ago. Patience and maintaining an attitude that expects less than more is paramount to maintaining sanity while waiting for this mod to develop. If every other day you think the update is coming out...-...it will seem like FOREVER for it to actually come out. A watched pot never boils folks. I would expect 2-3 more rinky dinky video/screenshot updates with information in the coming months before the 0.4 Update itself even comes out.

Dude, you need to calm down! You totally misunderstood me, I meant that I THINK that they're 99% done with the 0.4 update! I don't expect anything either! I wouldn't mind paying for this mod, It was just hopeful thinking. RELAX bud.

Posted (edited)

@Sam:

It would be nice if there was the ability to support the modders financially, and for being a Contributor/Supporter, be given access to more in-depth updates and beta test/feedback systems to help with the development, and allow more time for people who dedicate so much time and talent to this mod that many of us enjoy. Thanks again for everyone the the development staff, and those who add to it by developing further mods/scripts/plugins. 🙂

Edited by Delta1848

On 7/21/2018 at 4:16 PM, Delta1848 said:

@Sam:

It would be nice if there was the ability to support the modders financially, and for being a Contributor/Supporter, be given access to more in-depth updates and beta test/feedback systems to help with the development, and allow more time for people who dedicate so much time and talent to this mod that many of us enjoy. Thanks again for everyone the the development staff, and those who add to it by developing further mods/scripts/plugins. 🙂

Have you tried Patreon?