Sam

LSPDFR 0.4 - The Technology

Hey, have you ever considered adding ambient music to the pursuit chases? (toggleable) I don't think I can find something like it on LSPDFR, or at GTA 5 mods. If anybody can point me to something like it would be nice. And if not, then I think 0.4 should include it. Just a suggestion!

It can use all the level 3 wanted level music you get with all the characters. 

On ‎5‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 4:48 PM, Sam said:

This is the third part of our LSPDFR 0.4 Preview Series.  Not caught up yet?  Check out the initial announcement here: https://www.lcpdfr.com/forums/topic/81745-lspdfr-04-announcement-first-preview

So, this article is a little bit different than most.  Recently, a number of people have expressed an interest in hearing some more details about the technology behind LSPDFR 0.4, including some of the developments that we've made with respect to artificial intelligence in the mod and also perhaps some more information about the ways in which LSPDFR 0.4 can be customized through code.  While exact details like this are a little difficult to provide as plans can, and often do, change - we've gathered together a number of new systems and features to present here which we think both developers and players alike will be looking forward to.

The Crime System

To start with, one of the new systems that we've introduced in LSPDFR 0.4 is the not-very-originally-named Crime System.  The Crime System was originally developed as an expansion of what we had previously done in LCPDFR 1.0 where players could press ALT + E to 'call in' things that had happened, with the key example being a suspect taking off from a traffic stop - units wouldn't respond until it had been called in.

This is back in LSPDFR 0.4, but with a big twist.  The Crime System recognises a number of different events which could take place in-game (called Crime Events), such as a person firing a weapon, a car being stolen or somebody being run over.  Each time one of these things (and a couple of others) happens in-game, it's picked up by LSPDFR so that our systems can react to it.  This gives us similar functionality to LCPDFR 1.0, where if you're attacked by a criminal then you're able to report this and the criminal will be targeted properly by other units, but it also opens up some new possibilities that we've added for LSPDFR, including the ability for nearby civilians to actually call 911 if they witness a crime.

q9ppgeo.jpg

The Crime System allows for far greater interaction with GTA V's rich environment, providing a more dynamic experience during patrols.

The cool thing about this is that since GTA V is a very rich game in terms of the ambient environment, it's actually quite possible that crimes like this can take place in the game and we think it makes things a whole lot more immersive when you can actually react to them with the full support of LSPDFR behind you, rather than having to engage in a mad dash after someone in the vain hope that you'll catch up before they turn a corner and disappear! 

Plus, the Crime System will be available in the API for LSPDFR 0.4, easily allowing developers to add new Crime Events by specifying the crime, victim and suspect.  This could be useful, for example, in a drunk driver callout where the player searches for the offending vehicle.  Once they've found it, they'll be able to report this to dispatch and trigger a pursuit, without the need for any additional code - a lot more convenient than having to handle this manually.

Scenarios

Sticking with the topic of improvements to a lot of the technology that powers LSPDFR, we've added all new functionality throughout the mod for custom Scenarios.  In general, we like to think of Scenarios as short ambient sequences which can just spontaneously happen within the world.  In addition to this, though, we also support Scenarios across a couple of our other systems, like both pursuits and traffic stops.  This opens up a bunch of new opportunities for gameplay as just like in real life, there's now so much more that could happen during a traffic stop.  Perhaps they exit their vehicle while you're approaching?  Do they have a weapon, or are they just angry and complaining?

FXtkxrx.jpg

From 'routine' traffic stops gone totally wrong to suspects ditching their cars and bailing, Scenarios add all new depth to LSPDFR.

The best bit about Scenarios, though, is that we've also added them to the LSPDFR 0.4 API, and while we've come up with a few of our own, we know that there's many developers who will knock it out of the park in their attempts to find new and interesting ways of enhancing the experience with Scenarios.   Be it by creating new situations that can happen during traffic stops, devising new ways that pursuit suspects will attempt to elude officers, or even by taking advantage of some of the other additions to 0.4, like the Crime System for example, to add a bunch of new ambient crimes throughout the game, we think that the new Scenario system will add much more depth and variety to LSPDFR.

giE0cor.jpg

The scene after an escaped pursuit suspect's burned out vehicle was located.

Artificial Intelligence

Finally, in 0.4, we've re-worked a lot of our artificial intelligence.  We'll be sharing more details about these improvements, particularly as it relates to the overhauled pursuit system, in the near future but for now here's a taste of things to come, with some technical explanation, from our very own @LMS

Stay tuned for more news about 0.4, coming soon.

so on this next round can you make some gang crimes and call outs it is California the gang capitol of the world drug bust drive bys  gang murders stuff like that 

Well with one more preview update to come that means it's still going to be a while before any release. I'm thinking maybe not even until next year from the way it looks.

The update sounds amazing.

Posted (edited)

@LMS Few things: 

• Has the issue been fixed where  when the AI arrests someone, it sends the transport vehicle to your position instead of the suspects? This can end up with cars and peds spread out across the map if you don't stay near them until they get picked up.
  • Has the issue of u-turning traffic turning pursuits been looked at? We could also use the "Close Roads" option allowed in vehicles, since it currently isn't.
  • Any chance of a back-end system of dismissing cops who get too far from the pursuit (especially when they're on foot or if they don't end up going back to their vehicle for whatever reason in a vehicle chase), or vehicles that are flipped or severely damaged, too?
  • On the topic of dismissing vehicles, perhaps a function that lets players manually (or automatically) dismiss units who are outside appropriate areas or just not needed. (Hopefully plugins could do the job if someone decides to in the future and if it doesn't get built in.)
Edited by The Loot

I have been waiting 5 months for this... checking the forums for news every couple of days... I hope it's not willing to make me wait longer. 🤞

And this, please! 🙏

10 hours ago, The Loot said:

• Has the issue of u-turning traffic turning pursuits been looked at? We could also use the "Close Roads" option allowed in vehicles, since it currently isn't.

Love you Devs!

Brand-spankin' newbie here with an idea: would it be possible to add prerequisites to some scenarios so that they only show up after you've played certain other scenarios? That would make it possible to have little stories that take place across multiple callouts as time goes on... That one couple down in Strawberry who keep scaring their neighbors with loud arguments... The over-entitled exec who thinks the law doesn't apply to him and keeps ignoring laws that inconvenience him... The teen who's falling in with the wrong crowd and you keep catching him and worrying that one of these days he's going to get caught up in something serious.

Maybe add a timer option too, so that you don't get a situation where you ticket that exec for running a red light on one side of town only to get a call 10 seconds later that he's parked in a red zone on the other side.

9 hours ago, YellowDemonHurlr said:

Brand-spankin' newbie here with an idea: would it be possible to add prerequisites to some scenarios so that they only show up after you've played certain other scenarios? That would make it possible to have little stories that take place across multiple callouts as time goes on... That one couple down in Strawberry who keep scaring their neighbors with loud arguments... The over-entitled exec who thinks the law doesn't apply to him and keeps ignoring laws that inconvenience him... The teen who's falling in with the wrong crowd and you keep catching him and worrying that one of these days he's going to get caught up in something serious.

Maybe add a timer option too, so that you don't get a situation where you ticket that exec for running a red light on one side of town only to get a call 10 seconds later that he's parked in a red zone on the other side.

Multi-leveled "missions" or scenarios would be incredible. I can imagine some fantastic gameplay would come from those, and it would feel almost like playing a side mission in story mode. That is really great idea, I wonder how hard it would be to implement?

On 7/1/2018 at 1:37 AM, The Loot said:
  • Has the issue been fixed where  when the AI arrests someone, it sends the transport vehicle to your position instead of the suspects? This can end up with cars and peds spread out across the map if you don't stay near them until they get picked up.
  • Any chance of a back-end system of dismissing cops who get too far from the pursuit (especially when they're on foot or if they don't end up going back to their vehicle for whatever reason in a vehicle chase), or vehicles that are flipped or severely damaged, too?
  • On the topic of dismissing vehicles, perhaps a function that lets players manually (or automatically) dismiss units who are outside appropriate areas or just not needed. (Hopefully plugins could do the job if someone decides to in the future and if it doesn't get built in.)

• Transport has been reworked completely so that should hopefully not happen anymore.
  • Same with pursuits, completely rewritten and that issue is no longer present. There are some other tricks we employ now to keep the roads a little less busy together with some density adjustments (those can be configured if you don't want it).
  • Far away cops are freed, yes. 
  • Could you elaborate on that, what do you mean by appropriate areas?

On 7/2/2018 at 9:11 AM, YellowDemonHurlr said:

This is definitely a very interesting idea which we have also investigated many months ago with a prototype. It will not be part of 0.4 but is something we are still strongly considering (scope tbd).

7 hours ago, LMS said:

• Transport has been reworked completely so that should hopefully not happen anymore.
  • Same with pursuits, completely rewritten and that issue is no longer present. There are some other tricks we employ now to keep the roads a little less busy together with some density adjustments (those can be configured if you don't want it).
  • Far away cops are freed, yes. 
  • Could you elaborate on that, what do you mean by appropriate areas?

Good to hear those issues should be fixed.

As for the last point, dismissing units out of their jurisdictions and replacing them with new local units was the basic idea. Feels odd whenever a bunch of BC Sheriff units head into Los Santos (and vice versa), and even between counties, too. I know it's not completely unrealistic with how actual agencies work in CA and elsewhere, but it'd be nice to have some control over the situation somehow, whether natively or through plugins.

The ability to limit total ambient units allowed during calls naturally would be nice to go alongside the new patrols, too, which will make ambient units more appealing to use rather than blocking them with various plugins.

Thanks for the heads up, for a while I thought the development might have been abandoned...

Suggestions:

- Maybe a sort of "save progression" feature: somehow you can press "save" somewhere before leaving the game, and when coming back suggest to "Load saved game" on start up...

things that would be restored are simple: position, car, weapons, skin, time, and maybe some stats and whatever can be saved.

- I am not sure if this have been said before, but what about an armory where we can get weapons and if possible equip attachments.

Thank you again, waiting impatiently! ☺️

Some ideas/concerns I have:

- Will there be a way to assign different callouts to different departments? I'm assuming that will be in the API but I'm just curious.

- Can you assign different callouts to multiple departments?

- Can you change the amount of people in each department or the percentage they will show?

- Can you make different "divisions" in a department? Like maybe lets say you made the LSPD that would cover ALL of the city, you could make a normal patrol division, a SWAT team, a air response team (helicopters), etc etc. 

- If this division thing above is possible, could you assign different divisions to different callouts? I know just making another department would be easier overall, but I think the division thing would be better.

- If the division thing above is possible, could you make it so you can change the percentage of how many are patrolling? Like you might see a lot of Patrol Division members patrolling, but you might not see any SWAT patrolling.

- Can you make departments for the Fire Departments and Medics?

- If this idea and the division idea can be incorporated, can you assign maybe a few "police ambulances"?

- Could you possibly make some medical trained Police? Maybe they can respond and either heal teammates or help with medical callouts.

im so lucky just got a new pc top of the range and new monitor 34 inch,and just installed gta 5,thinking wow this i going to be hard to redo all these mods and everything,but now i can just restart again coooooool.cant wait,ahh yes i can ,i also have momths off work,poor me...lol

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Smolik213 said:

when i come out?

8 hours ago, DavidM91 said:

Hey do we know when these updates are being released?

It is useless to ask when it comes out,there is no ETA.
I too would like it to come out right away, and sincerely announce in February the 0.4 without ETA and have already passed nearly 5 months does not make much sense, better to do these types of announcements when there is little left at the exit, type 2 or 3 months. I think it comes out just before the summer break (I hope) or else at Christmas....but even if it comes out in September or October 7/8 months have passed since the announcement, so I'm more and more convinced that these ads should do them when they are only a few months away, this is just my opinion, then for me it can even go out in 10 years I'm not in a hurry.

Edited by finalmaxgear

Posted (edited)

Might I suggest adding special file hits? These types of things pop up on the police computer screens when checking license plates, names, social security numbers, etc, to give the officer better information on whom they're dealing with. Most of the time they won't result in an arrest based solely off the hit, but could warn how a person might act. These are not callouts; they are things you'd discover while on a call/traffic stop.

Example, you run a name, a hit comes back, the person is a...

• Wanted Person (arrest ped immediately)
  • Foreign Fugitive (inform dispatch to contact FIB)
  • Missing Person (take custody of the ped)
  • Person w/ Information (take statement from ped)
  • NCIC Gang (be warned of potential threat)
  • Known or Appropriately Suspected Terrorist (watch for suspicious items in ped's vehicle)
  • Violent Person (ped could try and attack you)

Person is under...

• Supervised Release (criminal history)
  • Protection Order (ped could be currently under attack)

Person is registered as a...

• Registered Sexual Offender (could have the ped hanging around a park with women nearby)

Person has performed...

• Threats Against a Peace Officer (could make the ped you're dealing with try to attack you)

Person possesses a...

• Handgun License (the ped will have a weapon on their person, might not be aggressive though)

Edited by coastiestevie

4 hours ago, coastiestevie said:

Might I suggest adding special file hits? These types of things pop up on the police computer screens when checking license plates, names, social security numbers, etc, to give the officer better information on whom they're dealing with. Most of the time they won't result in an arrest based solely off the hit, but could warn how a person might act. These are not callouts; they are things you'd discover while on a call/traffic stop.

Example, you run a name, a hit comes back, the person is a...

• Wanted Person (arrest ped immediately)
  • Foreign Fugitive (inform dispatch to contact FIB)
  • Missing Person (take custody of the ped)
  • Person w/ Information (take statement from ped)
  • NCIC Gang (be warned of potential threat)
  • Known or Appropriately Suspected Terrorist (watch for suspicious items in ped's vehicle)
  • Violent Person (ped could try and attack you)

Person is under...

• Supervised Release (criminal history)
  • Protection Order (ped could be currently under attack)

Person is registered as a...

• Registered Sexual Offender (could have the ped hanging around a park with women nearby)

Person has performed...

• Threats Against a Peace Officer (could make the ped you're dealing with try to attack you)

Person possesses a...

• Handgun License (the ped will have a weapon on their person, might not be aggressive though)

I like your suggestions, but...

4 hours ago, coastiestevie said:

Suspect and possible victims around them should be randomised. Why can't it subvert the expectation that sex offender = male and victim(s) of such people = female?

On 7/12/2018 at 11:56 AM, Pipeline said:

I like your suggestions, but...

Suspect and possible victims around them should be randomised. Why can't it subvert the expectation that sex offender = male and victim(s) of such people = female?

Agreed 100%, would be a little unexpected twist to keep you on your toes. Real life policing is about going down every avenue and not just the ones that are more likely to be true, so it would be nice if 0.4 gave us little surprises like this. And obviously it would help challenge the stereotype which would also be fantastic.

15 minutes ago, EscapePodTester said:

Agreed 100%, would be a little unexpected twist to keep you on your toes. Real life policing is about going down every avenue and not just the ones that are more likely to be true, so it would be nice if 0.4 gave us little surprises like this. And obviously it would help challenge the stereotype which would also be fantastic.

It isn't even as if randomised suspects and victims would be "untrue" - a criminal is a criminal, gender is not relevant. But yes, challenging the stereotype would be fantastic, you're right.

I hope there is some sort of intergrated partners system for 0.4... I'd really love to have some gunners (capable of following orders) for my police maverick.