Sam

LSPDFR 0.4 - The Technology

On 6/2/2018 at 8:39 AM, LMS said:

(or in other words, we found a very reliable way to prevent it from happening)

You took their Guns away when that Scenario is happening...?

Posted (edited)

I don't know if this has been already asked, but since LSPDFR is getting an update, won't that mean all of the callout plugins will have to update too?

Edited by TheSandwichStealer

31 minutes ago, TheSandwichStealer said:

I don't know if this has been already asked, but since LSPDFR is getting an update, won't that mean all of the callout plugins will have to update too?

most likely.

12 hours ago, TheSandwichStealer said:

I think they said they are going to work with the plugin developers in the days before release so that they can update their work using the new API by the time 0.4 hits.

Posted (edited)
On 5/27/2018 at 4:37 AM, IdeallyStoddy said:

Will we be able to see a video preview of the new pursuit AI in action or will it just be screenshots? Looking forward to see how much the AI has changed in this version, a competent AI will be a game changer for sure.

Agreed. I'm so tired of getting run over by the AI police or my vehicle getting run into by them. Looking forward to dismissing backup and not having to run off to the side before they leave for fear of them running me over or running into my vehicle (which then runs me over) while I'm trying to call for a tow truck.

Edited by phantoms

Really cannot wait for the release of this.. hopefully it’s near final stages and gets released soon. Can you tell us an estimated date this will be coming out? Looking forward to this update.

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, Officer Colefield said:

Really cannot wait for the release of this.. hopefully it’s near final stages and gets released soon. Can you tell us an estimated date this will be coming out? Looking forward to this update.

I think they are probably holding the release to steam's summer sale period ( or after). GTA V will have a discount, and there is a lot of people that want to play LSPDFR. So I bet that they are waiting for that... which is coming ( there was a leak saying that the summer sale will begin in June 21st.)

Edited by riquebr

5 minutes ago, riquebr said:

I think they are probably holding the release to steam's summer sale period ( or after). GTA V will have a discount, and there is a lot of people that want to play LSPDFR. So I bet that they are waiting for that... which is coming ( there was a leak saying that the summer sale will begin in June 21st.)

Yeah let’s hope so! End of June beginning of July would be perfect.

Out of curiosity, would it be possible to make it when your lights are on when your outside of the vehicle, that pebs and cars would recognize this? there are mods allow you to stop an area around you already, but it would be cool just to be able to turn your lights on and have pebs already stop or stand idle and watch whats going on when not inside your vehicle or is there things preventing that?

Posted (edited)
On 6/7/2018 at 9:13 PM, riquebr said:

I think they are probably holding the release to steam's summer sale period ( or after).

I think they're holding the release until it's ready, if they were done I'm sure they'd release it

Edited by TheMonotoneScone

On 6/9/2018 at 7:56 AM, TheMonotoneScone said:

I think they're holding the release until it's ready, if they were done I'm sure they'd release it

Yeah, we are only a matter of months away from 0.4 and 0.5 I'm sure. But i bet 1.0 will be some years from now by the time a new GTA rolls around. As a community all we can do is remain patient and work together to develop callout packs and other various plugins that add content to the game as we wait. Would be awesome to see some developer video blogs regarding the new features as well, screenshots and information are always good though. 

Posted (edited)

I'm not sure if I said this already or not but, I hope the AI will be alot smarter when It comes to shootouts and just staying in cover. Every shootout I have there are about 20 dead cops laying on the ground and that's a little "unrealistic" you know. They either pop out and stay out or just run up to the suspects like they are Rambo or The Terminator.

Edited by GhostRz
More descriptive information

15 hours ago, GhostRz said:

Every shootout I have there are about 20 dead cops laying on the ground

That's one way to get them to hang around after it's over.

Posted (edited)

I am surprised by the comments here like "It's so unrealistic that the officers run towards the hostiles during a shoot-out" or "I am sick of AI ramming into my vehicle during a police chase". I don't have that. During a shoot-out, cops will take cover behind cars or anything that provides cover and after the shootout there is like 2 dead cops which simply got hit during the shootout. Furthermore, I am hardly being rammed. Sometimes they will, but usually I am perfectly fine chasing others and keeping my car in a good shape. 

Edited by Antia

Posted (edited)

Awesome, can't wait to play it. But guys if I could have any suggestions that could be acceptable it would be really nice, if it's can be done. I'm so sad that I don't have any skill or how and where to start trying anything about that, but if someone can teach-in me in a "fast way" that could be good if there's any opportunity for that. I'm new in community but being looking for this community to keep lcpdfr up-to-date with every possible mods that can the game with every even small step make role-playable. I mean, once I was turned on the game classicly as everyone of us, that don't need any intro of it. I gonna skip that all till to suggestions. Even they are maybe already done, but I did not even found them on this site in downloads. So if already exists sorry me. Every suggestion contained in this reply can be meant as a question for sure, I'm really newbie lol. 

1st suggestion

Going on-Duty

- the paper work and brief 

What about to start your duty in a office in an exactly selected area where you can always enter/exit a police station ? After choosing your character etc, you will leave the locker room and heading to the reception to check some boards (there could be made a marker, and after entering the marker there will start an animation (from a SimpleNative trainer I think, you can start and animation on scenario, and there's used a "clipboard animation" and appear some text with the main goals/objects (traffic stops, shop robbers....), what should be randomized. Or even from the marker accept an callout with homicide, murder, found dead body or authority callout. 

2nd suggestion

Homicide, Shop robbery, run over, hit and run

- an interaction in the area with the witnesses, dead bodies, secure evidences

After arriving on the scene, to make it more real, throw there some animation if its possible as they are shown on the screenshots. As on the screenshots you can see the selected animations for each operation that you can provide by giving an animation to the character with "medic kneel" animation to come closer to the dead body and investigate the body and the nearby area. Search the body for some information, ID and evidence (medic tend to dead) and then make some notes of the whole scene after these operations (medic time of death). Finally as a last operation is like a looking around the dead body and nearby to secure some other evidence if possible (police investigate).

3rd suggestions

This could be applicable I think on every type of callout what will come out from the official LSPDFR owners, founders, creators, developers etc, because as I noticed there are several another types of callouts from several different creative people but I think these things should be "scripted" in each callouts from every creator. 

These are just my suggestions with deeper details, don't blame me pls

GTA5-2018-06-16-00-14-19-79-ConvertImage.jpg

GTA5-2018-06-16-00-18-00-82-ConvertImage.jpg

GTA5-2018-06-16-00-18-19-34-ConvertImage.jpg

GTA5-2018-06-16-00-18-38-06-ConvertImage.jpg

GTA5-2018-06-16-00-18-55-71-ConvertImage.jpg

Edited by tommy94

On 6/14/2018 at 11:15 AM, Antia said:

I am surprised by the comments here like "It's so unrealistic that the officers run towards the hostiles during a shoot-out" or "I am sick of AI ramming into my vehicle during a police chase". I don't have that. During a shoot-out, cops will take cover behind cars or anything that provides cover and after the shootout there is like 2 dead cops which simply got hit during the shootout. Furthermore, I am hardly being rammed. Sometimes they will, but usually I am perfectly fine chasing others and keeping my car in a good shape. 

You are not playing the same game as we are. 😂

I know this is very unlikely to be added/changed but would it be possible for devs to give officers tasks as shooting and aiming as right now when you try to assign the task of firing a gun or aiming to an officer, he seems to become immune to the command.

Cool, just thought that i post this, i recently download Better EMS mod and worked on the XML back up configuration, comparing it to LSPDFRs back up personally i thought it was way better. Although maybe i can do the same thing with LSPDFR o.4 i dont know yet, but the whole setting vehicles chances and different PEDs with different cars i think would be super COOL 

On 6/15/2018 at 7:04 PM, tommy94 said:

After arriving on the scene, to make it more real, throw there some animation if its possible as they are shown on the screenshots.

There's a plugin that's call ScenariOh by PeterU, it doesn't add any purpose to the animations but it utilizes ones that are the most relevant to policing and puts it into an easy to use menu. It's also fully configurable so that new scenarios can be added. I like to use it when I'm on scene and I'm waiting for medics, tow, coroner, etc. and I have nothing better to do than just stand around.