Jump to content
Sam

LSPDFR 0.4 - The Technology

Recommended Posts

44 minutes ago, Matthewtinman98 said:

In regards to pursuits, will the ability to TPAC a suspect safely with AI units be an option? I'm tired of either myself or the AI having to ram the suspect off the road to bring pursuits to an end.

 

I'm unaware, what is TPAC?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Matthewtinman98 said:

TPAC or Tactical Pursuit and Containment is when either 3 or 4 cars create a box around the suspect vehicle forcing it to stop safely. I'd suggest checking out this demo video. https://goo.gl/VPVoLJ

 

I've never seen this before.  I've seen police bring in a Bearcat to prevent a vehicle from continuing to move, or if it's a stand off.  I'm not entirely sure how this would play out with the AI.  Not only that, at least from what I've seen, TPAC is not all that common in the US, certainly not the state of California where they'd rather let suspects have free reign while they switch to the oh so helpful surveillance mode. 

 

If you're looking for an easy, but not 100% guaranteed way of forcing a suspect to stop after a while, try this mod.  http://www.lcpdfr.com/files/file/11933-pursuit-deterrence/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, LMS said:

 

As stated in the original post, we have improved the driving ability of the AI quite a bit to make it more challenging. Depending on your preference on realism you can fine-tune these improvements. The biggest issue with making the AI drivers a real challenge in my opinion is them taking turns: they slow down way too much and approach the turns way too carefully when compared to a player driver. There are a few ways to improve this, but it is often times still the main reason that allows you to catch up. I am not sure if we can get them to the same level as a good player yet, but we are certainly trying.

 

Though one thing to keep in mind is the benefit the AI gets when it passes the distance where traffic populates for you: they don't have to navigate around traffic like the player has to.

 

Improving their ability to negotiate actual traffic would be a huge change, of course.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, The Loot said:

 

Though one thing to keep in mind is the benefit the AI gets when it passes the distance where traffic populates for you: they don't have to navigate around traffic like the player has to.

 

Improving their ability to negotiate actual traffic would be a huge change, of course.

 

I second this, I also wonder if it's possible to improve how they negotiate pedestrians so they avoid hitting them the best they can. I've always thought the backup AI was more reckless than the suspect AI.

Edited by IdeallyStoddy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Regarding pedestrians, if at all possible, please make them react to lights and sirens too (or at least, most of the time - seen some crazy stuff thanks to phones).  That would be awesome too, as at the moment they never react to anything but shots or horns (and they can so panic over horns it is ever so silly).  Please, if possible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Giordano said:

 

I've never seen this before.  I've seen police bring in a Bearcat to prevent a vehicle from continuing to move, or if it's a stand off.  I'm not entirely sure how this would play out with the AI.  Not only that, at least from what I've seen, TPAC is not all that common in the US, certainly not the state of California where they'd rather let suspects have free reign while they switch to the oh so helpful surveillance mode. 

 

If you're looking for an easy, but not 100% guaranteed way of forcing a suspect to stop after a while, try this mod.  http://www.lcpdfr.com/files/file/11933-pursuit-deterrence/

Giordana, does that mod still work. From the comments it's outdated and doesn't work anymore. There was talk of a replacement, but no activity for a while.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, phantoms said:

Giordana, does that mod still work. From the comments it's outdated and doesn't work anymore. There was talk of a replacement, but no activity for a while.

 

It works perfectly fine for me on the latest version. 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LSPDFR 0.4 combined with RDE and a some callouts = ♥

 

Looking forward to it, great job guys!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/20/2018 at 1:46 AM, Matthewtinman98 said:

TPAC or Tactical Pursuit and Containment is when either 3 or 4 cars create a box around the suspect vehicle forcing it to stop safely. I'd suggest checking out this demo video. https://goo.gl/VPVoLJ

Doing stuff like that is pretty rare in the US due to the prevalence of guns and how dangerous crossfire scenarios are. Basically, they wouldn't want to risk putting rounds downrange with an officer behind the suspect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's this stuff that is the most interesting to me. A more streamlined code to allow easier integration of callouts and scenarios. The Crime System has been one of my favorite bits of LCPD and LSPD FR mods, and its good to see it getting better in this update.  Hopefully this will also help keep modding more clean, and less issues. I know LSPDFR isn't to blame as such, but anything that can be done to help make it easier to add calls and events will be welcomed.

 

The idea of AI responding to events around them, meaning more ambient and realistic police work, with more defined chases and AI will be great.

 

Cant wait!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When you released the first two 0.4 showcases I didn't care that much, as for me EUP and Custom Backup do just fine, but this one really got the hype up!

I know you don't want to give us any release date but can you at least give us a time frame? Can we expect the update to be released before July/August or do we have to wait until September or later? The wait is killing me 😄 keep up the great work guys!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This looks good, would it ever be possible that the AI cops don’t shoot every suspect when you are try to arrest said suspect; and then after the ‘kill’ the suspect and you get the Ambulance to revive them, they continue to shoot when the suspect is having CPR. It’s so annoying, it would be amazing if you could find a way to sort this out. Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good information and cool post, really hyped. Do you think we are going to get to 0.5 before 2020 however?. I'm trying to recall how long LCPDFR's development from 0.1 to 1.1 took and i do not recall. It just seems like development for LSPDFR is much slower. Not complaining, just making an observation. Thank you for all of the new features and additions and i cannot wait to eventually be playing the final version of this awesome mod. Have had hundreds of hours of fun and continue to do so thanks to this modification. GTA V was boring and beaten in mere days for me. This modification keeps me playing forever and with the amount of plugins there is almost unlimited possibilities. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/25/2018 at 11:36 PM, Sam said:

 

Well we did throw away the old code and start afresh.  More to share about that soon hopefully.

 

Will we be able to see a video preview of the new pursuit AI in action or will it just be screenshots? Looking forward to see how much the AI has changed in this version, a competent AI will be a game changer for sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll be a beta tester! Can't wait. I do have a question though. Because of the new API and the revamped behaviors of peds is there a way to turn down the option of someone getting out of their car and shooting at me? I don't want to have it happen every so often.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎5‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 7:04 PM, c13 said:

Doing stuff like that is pretty rare in the US due to the prevalence of guns and how dangerous crossfire scenarios are. Basically, they wouldn't want to risk putting rounds downrange with an officer behind the suspect.

Because in the U.S. pits are more common id be nice if during a chase you could hit a hotkey to have other units back off while you performed something similar.

Also, just my personal suggestion, it would be nice to be able to have a key to switch between AI just chasing the suspect not hitting them, and AI causing the classic GTA demolition derby, because personally I prefer the former but I've heard people enjoy the other aswell. I remember there being a mod for this awhile ago but I think it's incompatible now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×