Sam

LSPDFR 0.4 - The Technology

This looks absolutely amazing! I'm really looking forward to the update, it seems like we'll get a lot more "spontaneous" events happening which I really love. Sometimes LSPDFR can get a bit repetitive knowing that the AI can only react in a couple different ways. This definitely looks like it'll spice things up.

Question, in LSPDFR .4 will you or have you made changes like AI doing U-turns in the middle of a highway while chasing a vehicle, have you some how figured out how to get the truck drivers to move over and have you alleviated the cop spawning in on coming lanes of travel when in a pursuit. I hate all those things but mostly the cop spawning. Progress sounds amazing and can't wait to use it!

10 hours ago, PBSO Guy said:

Question, in LSPDFR .4 will you or have you made changes like AI doing U-turns in the middle of a highway while chasing a vehicle, have you some how figured out how to get the truck drivers to move over and have you alleviated the cop spawning in on coming lanes of travel when in a pursuit. I hate all those things but mostly the cop spawning. Progress sounds amazing and can't wait to use it!

This would be great, I may or may not have been killed multiple times by crashing into poorly spawned units while chasing someone, then being ejected a half mile from my car.

best part is the original core lspdfr is changing something that everyone is able to run over 60fps cant wait to delete all albo's plugins and finally be able to play again havent been able to play in months framerate got so bad for me over the various updates i couldn't do it anymore ive been checking back almost daily since it was announced wish there was a release date!

Every update we get on this gets me even more hyped, especially the part where we'll be able to call in things like shots fired. I've lost count of the number of times I've been playing as a gang unit and arresting someone on, say, Grove Street turned into a shootout with gang members. It'll be nice to be able to actually call it in.

Plus I can't even begin to explain how stoked I am to be able to make custom departments and patrol areas (I can finally have actual departments up north instead of only having the Sheriff's Department!) And removing the top speed limit on AI? Looks like the SAHP might be getting a few high-performance pursuit units in my game.

I has been out of the loop, you guys are doing great with the next LSPDFR update, thank you. I have a question though. Since Albo1125 was "integrated" into the team (as far as I remember), are (some of) his mods going to be included into LSPDFR? Albo's mods are essential (in fact they're in "essential" category), they look like they should be in the package by default.

Who else just wants that portable coffee where you are mid-drink then randomly get shot at, so you gotta just drop the coffee to shoot back, but then you are sad because you got no coffee so you just press O to get a new coffee and the world is saved.

14 hours ago, Wippy said:

I has been out of the loop, you guys are doing great with the next LSPDFR update, thank you. I have a question though. Since Albo1125 was "integrated" into the team (as far as I remember), are (some of) his mods going to be included into LSPDFR? Albo's mods are essential (in fact they're in "essential" category), they look like they should be in the package by default.

I think you've been misinformed. You can see who is involved in the team from our staff page.

On 5/14/2018 at 11:47 PM, Mikofiticus said:

It'd be interesting to know if since the AI is being reworked, if they'll be able to utilize all those alleyways and such that are in the city. I've always wanted suspects to really feel like they're trying to ditch me, rather than drive around the same block 100,000 times.

On 5/15/2018 at 8:47 AM, IdeallyStoddy said:

Nice to see that a lot of work is being done to the AI for both cops and criminals, hopefully that means there's more variation in pursuits in terms of paths the suspect takes and that they can present a challenge to the player. In 0.3 one of the problems I noticed is the suspect doesn't try any maneuvres and they would always carry on in a straight line using the same road over and over.

I have a few questions though, are there any improvements to the AI that you would have liked to implement but are unable to due to game limitations? Does the engine still offer you many ways to improve the AI despite this obstacle? I hope that makes sense.

My final question is, have you fixed the AI making U turns on major roads and highways?

Looking forward to future updates, keep up the excellent work.

Yeah, it's definitely possible to have more variation.  Obviously with our improvements it's now possible to have faster pursuits for one, and then there's other things like our improved backup response.  We try to have backup units respond from more appropriate positions during pursuits so that they're in a better position to actually intervene.  Of course, this is also where the new Scenarios come in as you can have them happening during pursuits as well, so there's really any number of things that could happen in that sense.  I'm sure we'll see some interesting ideas.

On 5/15/2018 at 7:10 PM, Boone4796 said:

I’m fairly new to lcpdfr (joined approx 1  month ago )and I have to say this is some

of the most incredible developing I have ever seen! I am beyond thrilled to see an update fairly close to me starting off.  To any developers involved in anyway, shape, or form it is because of you and this mod that I bought a gaming pc 

i have ZERO regrets 

Thank you, it's always nice to see new people enjoying LSPDFR.  I'm sure some of us that have been here for far too long can forget just how exciting it first is when you find something like this for the first time.

5 hours ago, MarginalButter said:

Who else just wants that portable coffee where you are mid-drink then randomly get shot at, so you gotta just drop the coffee to shoot back, but then you are sad because you got no coffee so you just press O to get a new coffee and the world is saved.

Not sure if you're aware, but LSPDFR does have coffee!

image.png

Nice update, this is exactly what I was waiting for. Hopefully this will make the AI better.

The variations in scenarios is awesome.

Can't wait for the next update! 👍

On 5/15/2018 at 2:47 AM, IdeallyStoddy said:

I have a few questions though, are there any improvements to the AI that you would have liked to implement but are unable to due to game limitations? Does the engine still offer you many ways to improve the AI despite this obstacle? I hope that makes sense.

As stated in the original post, we have improved the driving ability of the AI quite a bit to make it more challenging. Depending on your preference on realism you can fine-tune these improvements. The biggest issue with making the AI drivers a real challenge in my opinion is them taking turns: they slow down way too much and approach the turns way too carefully when compared to a player driver. There are a few ways to improve this, but it is often times still the main reason that allows you to catch up. I am not sure if we can get them to the same level as a good player yet, but we are certainly trying.

In regards to pursuits, will the ability to TPAC a suspect safely with AI units be an option? I'm tired of either myself or the AI having to ram the suspect off the road to bring pursuits to an end.