Sad to see you go, you've done a lot for the community, what's next for you? are you leaving your models up or deleting them like other creators that left? and are you going to be forwarding your undone projects to your friends or scrapping them? or maybe just dump in on us like the little model slut we are? (Sorry, not trying to be rude, these are just logistical questions) 

1 hour ago, aJ1399 said:

EDIT: Oh just a quick shoutout to my favorite community moderators in the past 5 years: Ryan, ineseri, and Kallus Rourke :thumbsup: Hope to see the two of you back! 

I'm just going to go and cry in my room right now. 

1 hour ago, Sam said:

Nobody wants to see us talk instead about how we've restructured our pursuit code to use behavior trees.

No comment on all the allegations and whatnot, but just want to add another voice saying yes, we'd very much like to hear about the AI improvements. Get technical! Sure, not everybody cares about the details (just like not everybody cares about new character integration), but some of us really do. And, showing a bit of the technical complexity behind the new developments might actually give the average user a better appreciation for all the effort that goes into the mod.

LSPDFR's AI is definitely much better than default GTA V AI. It's also got a whole lot of shortcomings. Shortcomings which take time to address - I don't think 1.5 years is actually that long for a hobby project involving this level of complexity for the AI stuff. But it is a long time for the community to be waiting without any information, and it's a very long time for developers in the community to be waiting with no API updates for issues that were reported literally years ago. More communication about the progress of LSPDFR development would definitely help keep people invested in the mod and the community. Take your time, but keep us in the loop, ya know? 

[WIP | Beta] Coastal Callouts: Upcoming action-packed mod with new vehicles, maps, capabilities, and callouts in and around the waters of Los Santos

[REL] Police Tape: Make your scenes more realistic while stopping peds and traffic

[REL] Better EMS: Realistic and dynamic EMS response
[REL] Custom Backup: Bringing ultimate customization power to LSPDFR backup!

Join the Parks Benefactor Program to support my work and get early beta access!

1 minute ago, PNWParksFan said:

No comment on all the allegations and whatnot, but just want to add another voice saying yes, we'd very much like to hear about the AI improvements. Get technical! Sure, not everybody cares about the details (just like not everybody cares about new character integration), but some of us really do. And, showing a bit of the technical complexity behind the new developments might actually give the average user a better appreciation for all the effort that goes into the mod.

LSPDFR's AI is definitely much better than default GTA V AI. It's also got a whole lot of shortcomings. Shortcomings which take time to address - I don't think 1.5 years is actually that long for a hobby project involving this level of complexity for the AI stuff. But it is a long time for the community to be waiting without any information, and it's a very long time for developers in the community to be waiting with no API updates for issues that were reported literally years ago. More communication about the progress of LSPDFR development would definitely help keep people invested in the mod and the community. Take your time, but keep us in the loop, ya know? 

Sure, it's not like we weren't going to talk about the changes to pursuits or whatever though.  At the same time, if we started off by showcasing some of the changes there we'd probably get flak for only making improvements, and not adding anything 'new'.

"You tell me exactly what you want, and I will very carefully explain to you why it cannot be."

Bye toy.  You've gone from making EMS skins to making great cars in a very short amount of time.  A great accomplishment.

GTAV | LSPDFR 0.3.1 | ELS | Traffic Policer | Arrest Manager | Police Radio | NaturalVision Remastered/ENB/ReShade

I actually remember seeing you post here a lot on the website, I even downloaded some of your work. That said, it will be sad to see you go. I agree with most of what you said, and you probably said what a lot of the members had on their minds. 

"Micheal, Micheal Micheal, what would you do without me?"

- Trevor Phillips. 

35 minutes ago, Sam said:

Sure, it's not like we weren't going to talk about the changes to pursuits or whatever though.  At the same time, if we started off by showcasing some of the changes there we'd probably get flak for only making improvements, and not adding anything 'new'.

Why not show off both? And if I may suggest, I think it would be greatly beneficial for lspdfr and the community if one of the staff members posted little posts updating everyone on the development of lspdfr.

Have a Good Run Sir 
Always will be a big fan on the Models you have done 

You Will always be a legend to us t0y :(

South ParkPD.gif

We had some interesting interactions, with which I will not get into, but it was interesting to see how you did with your modeling over time. Goodbye and best of luck to you in your future endeavors.

As for everything else that this topic has seemed to turn towards, there will be plenty of issues in life that we will all encounter. Things that inconvenience us, things we don't like, or things that simply do not go our way. Our world is changing every second and, unfortunately, no one can always control the outcome of some things nor ensure that it is fair in every person's eyes. Judgment should be based on our ethics and our previous decisions, as I hope to see from the community staff here. Updates, changes, releases, what have you, will come when those in charge of it believe it is ready to occur. It's as simple as that, especially in a hobby-founded modding scene. People will be toxic, move on from it. People will steal, hate, accuse, and everything else under the sun. Move on from it. Things will go wrong and the outcome may be the opposite of what you want. Move on from it. If you haven't gotten the point yet, all you can do is move on. Whether that is moving on by simply ignoring, forgetting your concern over a disagreement, or moving on from the community. In this case, you chose the latter.

Edited by HDgamerzPC

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

Join in on the fun and stay up-to-date on my Discord! https://www.discord.gg/sckJGqg

YOUTUBE | TWITTER

1 hour ago, Original Light said:

I'm just going to go and cry in my room right now. 

OMG I didn't see yo name wassup homie!!  :woot: Another one of my favs! #OGModeratorSinceLCPDFR

2 hours ago, Sam said:

The current mods available for stopping and frisking use animations that bend your player character over halfway into the suspect and then make them feel around the air.  We included this in the first announcement for 0.4 as it was something pretty different, and visual, that people would instantly notice - and they did. 

Have you tried this mod out? I don't think there can be a better pat down animation accomplished.

Goodbye T0y. Cya around buddy. Thank you for all your work, sorry for the toxic people that exist.

Edited by pav500

I see some valid points. The repetition can get boring, but that will change in the release of LSPDFR 0.4. As for the staff team, people can always find fault somewhere, but they try their best. Its sad to see you go, and I think the whole community will agree, we are gonna miss you.

Bye t0y. Hope to see you return soon.

Edited by AnthmEllis
Better Wording

I would like to point out that no mod author or mod developer has any obligation to support it. They and other mod authors like you (love your mods btw) do this on their own time and accord and like you said, they get little to no financial gain and might get recognition. LSPDFR could've just been left at the 0.1 release and not been updated, but instead, we see it supported, I'll admit it has been a snail race to each update, but when we (hopefully) get to the 1.0 release, we'll look back and say "Damn, look how far this mod has come.". Compare LCPDFR 1.1 to LCPDFR 0.1. Massive difference. Quality takes time, quality takes work, works takes motivation.

LSPDFR is like a romantic partner you meet, at first, it might be kinda awkward and painfully slow on the first date, but over time you develop that relationship into something special and remarkable.

Bye t0y, I'll miss you and those great mods. Good luck with whatever you're gonna do later :)

Edited by TheLoneRanger

S T O P      R E S I S T I N G     A R R E S T

t0y thank you SO much for everything you've done for the community! Just know, you will ALWAYS be remembered. Farewell bro.

System

• CPU
    I7 6700K Overclocked to 4.4 GHz at 1.35v
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Z170 HD3
  • RAM
    GSKILL RIPJAWS V DDR4 16GB 3000MHZ
  • GPU
    MSI GTX 1070 GAMING X 8G
  • Case
    NZXT S340 RED
  • Storage
    WD 1TB BLUE AND SAMSUNG EVO 250GB SSD
  • PSU
    EVGA 650W GQ
  • Display(s)
    LG 25UM58-P ULTRAWIDE AND A LG 29UM58-P ULTRAWIDE
  • Cooling
    H100I GTX
  • Keyboard
    CORSAIR K70
  • Mouse
    RAZER DEATHADDER
  • Operating System
    Windows 10 PRO
  • PCPartPicker URL

If I had to guess, I'd say the lack of development in 1 and a half years is due to a loss of interest in the entire mod and probably having real lives.

Lol that's funny and sad. Currently driving a lot of your vehicles and I love them. Sad to see that creation of new cars has ended :/

Thanks for making amazing vehicle packs throughout the years! I agree as well that the mod is really repetitive and gets boring. I still think that GTA IV Lcpdfr was more entertaining. I wish the best for any of your future endeavors!

I hope you find interest again when 0.4 comes out. You've made some amazing vehicles and your Ft. Worth pack is a great pack. 

I've not been in the community long enough to know most content creators, modders and scripters. But there are some things that could've been worked on, and something I would've loved to see would've been;

A standing and working LSPDFR version, for example 0.3.1, where this update was aimed to pull a specific version of a script/plugin and implement that version into LSPDFR 0.3.1 and make them compatible. This would then remove the unwanted crashes mid game, or after a couple of minutes playing or when ever a certain callout was made. I know this is and would be hard to do but it would also be lovely to see LSPDFR work together with scripts/plugins. Taking some of them and making them a part of LSPDFR, that way some stuff work with no issues at all. The main issue most people face is with RageHook or scripts/plugins, so to make those a part of default LSPDFR would be smarter and easier for a lot of people. Now I'm just flying off with all of my wishes, but I'd love to just play LSPDFR with no crashes and compatible keys to press. You know, like LSPDFR and scripts/plugins was an actually game!

As for your departure, I am sad to see you leave. I hope there's a possibility of you coming back when GTA VI comes out and the next PDFR is made :)

Cheers t0y

• My Google Spreadsheet of active mods: https://goo.gl/9Wt71fSignature2.jpg

It has been nice to meet people like you here on FR, and especially it has been great to see and enjoy your purely amazing mods. Now that you’re signing out, I hope you can accomplish remarkable achievements even when it comes to your real life.

Goodbye Aidan!