Sam

LSPDFR 0.4 - Epic Customization

Nice, hope the criminal chase AI will get some improvements too, so they, for example, don't just do the same thing after every chase ends and try to run away,
but sometimes fight back or steal another car to escape (didn't they do that in LCPDFR sometimes?),
I love it when callouts have some randomization.

1 hour ago, Matthewtinman98 said:

Also It would be nice if when chasing a criminal on foot they don't fall flat on their face every couple of feet.

I don't recall which it is, but a plugin does this.  By default the AI will just run marathons and your only means of catching them is in a vehicle, since you have a sprint limit and they do not.  That's why this "AI trips" feature was included.

Sam, quick question. Obviously we have no idea what Lt. Caine is doing, not sure if you do, but since there hasn't been an update to ELS V in a long time do you think you'd be able to implement changes in LSPDFR that fix the "suspects lock their steering and drive off slowly, most likely crashing after a while" that occurs when you have the ELS traffic control feature enabled? I'm not sure if it's something that can be fixed in LSPDFR, might have to be from ELS V, but it's an unfortunate issue that dampens the great experience of LSPDFR + ELS V.

19 hours ago, Sam said:

Psssst..  Don't tell anyone, but I think we fixed that.

Don't tell anyone though!

Sam just a quick Q,Are you going to add police partner too at 0.4? thanks!

One thing they should add is the ability to change how Dispatch speaks to the player, Like giving alot more detail in callouts ( example: Police Pursuit, The make and model of the vehicle, the description of the driver, telling a helicopter to back off ) Basically there are so many audio files for police dispatch that I would love to see used 

2 hours ago, homie cat confirmed said:

will we be able to get cops to patrol in add on cars aswell? would be awesome

Yes, that's exactly what we designed this for.

15 hours ago, Pipeline said:

Sam, quick question. Obviously we have no idea what Lt. Caine is doing, not sure if you do, but since there hasn't been an update to ELS V in a long time do you think you'd be able to implement changes in LSPDFR that fix the "suspects lock their steering and drive off slowly, most likely crashing after a while" that occurs when you have the ELS traffic control feature enabled? I'm not sure if it's something that can be fixed in LSPDFR, might have to be from ELS V, but it's an unfortunate issue that dampens the great experience of LSPDFR + ELS V.

I know that @LMS has been looking into a couple of things related to this (although not ELS).  

39 minutes ago, Delta1848 said:

@Sam: This is great! Is there an expected day, month, week, time frame for public release?

I think it's probably been said a million times before, but the simple answer is no.  Sorry - there's various reasons and with a bit of searching you can find them!

I hope there is random shooting over random pull over when you walk up to the car window like in LCPDFR, other than that having random patrol spawning is also exciting to see.

I really hope the next post is gonna cover some new criminal behaviour such as fights breaking out and littering. And the ability for the cars the ai use not to despawn the second you dont look at them. 

Other than that loving it!!!!!!

This is something I don't think has been suggested- With the new option for adding departments, would it be possible for you to add support for more siren slots that the ai would be able to utilize? And a way that they could be used by els vehicles.

good additions, id love to see a better police computer added like real life, maybe in future a Police Equipment update!, that would be great.

Maybe you guys can help with this....a new lspdfr is awesome indeed....but what happen to the rest of us that are stuck on 3.1 ...for those can't afford new PC upgrade and for those that spent countless hours of download, tweaking, modding, making new design and project ... just to enhance your game your put on a shelf all these years.......so what happen to us and them so we just  get cheated and overlooked....i feel that some effort could be put also to at least a descent quick up date for 3.1 until you guys finish .4, the least that could be done...the modding and YouTube community have given new life to this game and we at least deserve that. Not saying major update bit at least bring up to speed to be compatible to new rage and certain scripts and plugins....some what "Stable"..

Edited by sfbone73