Sam

LSPDFR 0.4 - Epic Customization

OMG CAN'T WAIT!!! 

PS i would suggest a paleto bay pd too, because you might as well add pbpd when you have rhpd right?

@Sam

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, J T said:

im really hoping it doesn't take a performance dip and also hoping the keyboard will be less dependent when getting information on foot to having it only when you get in a police car that was a big pet peeve in 0.3

Vocal Dispatch is what you are looking for. Serious. It has all but eliminated the keyboard for 99% of the key strokes. The only thing I use the keyboard for is ELS, F6 for scene management and then Ctrl+H to arrest someone if I haven't put them on the ground with my weapon drawn. I can request a plate check, ped check, update my status etc all with the press of Right Alt. Tow truck, coroner, EMS, fire etc ALL work flawlessly with all of Albos mods installed. Like Police Radio etc. There are times where dispatch can't understand what's said, even though I have gone through many steps to improve the ability for it to understand my speech but it gets smarter the more you use Speech Recognition in Windows. Also it helps to have a good headset that makes your speech crisp and clear. It has changed this from a keyboard game to an almost serious Police Sim. Can't imagine going back to all those key strokes.

As for the recent update to what's coming. This is incredible work. I think Rockstar and the gang should look at you guys to possibly make a Police Simulator. With resources to do it right where ALL of this stuff is built into the sim and to run efficiently. The irony is it's a game based on being the bad guy. But you have good guys, doing a sort of "illegal" modification, to create a good guy version of the game lol.

I am content on using what I have now as a setup and am overwhelmed with all the different options. I have a couple favorite ELS cars, I use the LSPD K-9 uniform, Vocal Dispatch and some callouts with a graphic and weapon audio enhancer/upgrade. I am so fortunate to have come across this stuff and to be a part of an awesome and evolving modification. Can't wait to see what comes from for your selfless and dedicated work on this! Thanks!

Edited by MercilessJester

17 minutes ago, verony28066 said:

OMG CAN'T WAIT!!! 

PS i would suggest a paleto bay pd too, because you might as well add pbpd when you have rhpd right?

@Sam

Well, the whole point is you can now add all of these things by yourself.  LSPDFR won't come with a Rockford Hills Police Department, it's just an example of what you can do.

If you add some Paleto Bay cars and outfits to your game, then you can easily make a Paleto Bay PD with 0.4.

1 minute ago, Sam said:

Well, the whole point is you can now add all of these things by yourself.  LSPDFR won't come with a Rockford Hills Police Department, it's just an example of what you can do.

If you add some Paleto Bay cars and outfits to your game, then you can easily make a Paleto Bay PD with 0.4.

LSPDFR should come with all of these departments if they have already been made as shown in the screenshots.  Maybe an installation option to add them or not, sort of like RDE :)

20 minutes ago, Sam said:

Got you! Didn't read the post carefully because i was in a rush but now i get it thanks

How much of the backup menu is changed with the new version? Also, would it be possible to choose in game whether they respond with guns out or not? I want standard patrol officers to have long guns available, but I don't want to call for backup on a traffic stop and have them arrive with M4s out.

2 hours ago, MercilessJester said:

Vocal Dispatch is what you are looking for. Serious. It has all but eliminated the keyboard for 99% of the key strokes. The only thing I use the keyboard for is ELS, F6 for scene management and then Ctrl+H to arrest someone if I haven't put them on the ground with my weapon drawn. I can request a plate check, ped check, update my status etc all with the press of Right Alt. Tow truck, coroner, EMS, fire etc ALL work flawlessly with all of Albos mods installed. Like Police Radio etc. There are times where dispatch can't understand what's said, even though I have gone through many steps to improve the ability for it to understand my speech but it gets smarter the more you use Speech Recognition in Windows. Also it helps to have a good headset that makes your speech crisp and clear. It has changed this from a keyboard game to an almost serious Police Sim. Can't imagine going back to all those key strokes.

As for the recent update to what's coming. This is incredible work. I think Rockstar and the gang should look at you guys to possibly make a Police Simulator. With resources to do it right where ALL of this stuff is built into the sim and to run efficiently. The irony is it's a game based on being the bad guy. But you have good guys, doing a sort of "illegal" modification, to create a good guy version of the game lol.

I am content on using what I have now as a setup and am overwhelmed with all the different options. I have a couple favorite ELS cars, I use the LSPD K-9 uniform, Vocal Dispatch and some callouts with a graphic and weapon audio enhancer/upgrade. I am so fortunate to have come across this stuff and to be a part of an awesome and evolving modification. Can't wait to see what comes from for your selfless and dedicated work on this! Thanks!

I am not talking about other mods I was asking them if it was going to be implemented in the fr mod like how It was with lcpdfr where you have the option to call it in without using a keyboard, I don't like to add to many mods in the game,  not only does it make it more prone to crashes but causes performance issues as well and I don't have a mic to use vocal dispatch anyway

Looks great nice job guys! 

Cant wait to hear what else is planned. I'm sure this isn't going to be as soon as people hope but that's okay, it takes time to make things nice and smooth! 

Have you guys considered opening up some kind of paid beta mode? Let users here donate money (to help development) and they get a pre-release copy beforehand to test it for bugs and that kind of stuff? 

@Sam Any chance of there being a station added down in the port? Would make sense since there is a port authority agency located there and their building could be the station. This would be perfect for any port patrols. Just a suggestion.

Either way, great to see more updates. Loving everything that’s getting added.

I'm super excited for this release! Tons of options I'm really looking forward to! I just hope this won't add too much additional stress to the mod while running it...

22 minutes ago, J T said:

I am not talking about other mods I was asking them if it was going to be implemented in the fr mod like how It was with lcpdfr where you have the option to call it in without using a keyboard, I don't like to add to many mods in the game,  not only does it make it more prone to crashes but causes performance issues as well and I don't have a mic to use vocal dispatch anyway

I understand. And that's unfortunate you have that view on the mods offered. I guess you don't have too beefy of a computer to handle multiple mods? Mine isn't all that great and I've got quite a few things running with minimal problems. I do wish everyone had decent hardware because it becomes so amazing and immersive with certain add-ons. As far as the crashes. After having done multiple installs of LSPDFR, working with the mods folder and installs of cars, plugins etc I have minimal crashing if any at all now. I feel there is a certain process to install this stuff. Like starting with LSPDFR, and then going down the priority list. LSPDFR+, Computer+, Arrest Manager, Traffic Policer, Better EMS, Police Smart Radio, ALPR+ etc etc. And then starting the sim each time you install to make sure it loads and works. Like layering from important to the "fun stuff" lol.

Anyway, we all run it how we see fit. Hopefully they make some changes to better immerse you into your version of LSPDFR. :)

1 hour ago, Annoyingswed said:

@Sam Any chance of there being a station added down in the port? Would make sense since there is a port authority agency located there and their building could be the station. This would be perfect for any port patrols. Just a suggestion.

Either way, great to see more updates. Loving everything that’s getting added.

With 0.4, you can add it yourself!

1 hour ago, MercilessJester said:

I understand. And that's unfortunate you have that view on the mods offered. I guess you don't have too beefy of a computer to handle multiple mods? Mine isn't all that great and I've got quite a few things running with minimal problems. I do wish everyone had decent hardware because it becomes so amazing and immersive with certain add-ons. As far as the crashes. After having done multiple installs of LSPDFR, working with the mods folder and installs of cars, plugins etc I have minimal crashing if any at all now. I feel there is a certain process to install this stuff. Like starting with LSPDFR, and then going down the priority list. LSPDFR+, Computer+, Arrest Manager, Traffic Policer, Better EMS, Police Smart Radio, ALPR+ etc etc. And then starting the sim each time you install to make sure it loads and works. Like layering from important to the "fun stuff" lol.

Anyway, we all run it how we see fit. Hopefully they make some changes to better immerse you into your version of LSPDFR. :)

I only have 8 gbs and plan on upgrading to 16 later but I still prefer them adding those features in as its less of a head ache to remember keys and it was part of lcpdfr so I don't see why they wouldn't implement that and other features...sam has already explained this reason to someone else

AWESOME  can we please  have a way to use our real voice to talk to everyone with more option to talk to dispatch

with out vocal dispatch I just feel like it would be more realistic then vocal dispatch

one other question     can we get the cops to stay around after calling code4 so they can help out with out running over you while putting someone in the car awesome work Sam keep it up

I hope you'll be reaching out to developers before the public release so we can give feedback/requests on the API and update our mods to be compatible. With the level of complexity of some LSPDFR plugins, and the amount of changes here, it could take a lot of work to update some mods. For 0.3 we never got consulted on the API, and as such many mods are chock-full of fragile workarounds that often cause performance issues and delay plugin development. A more robust API and the chance for us to weigh in on it before release would be a very nice gesture to the development community which has kept LSPDFR alive during its long silence. 

Awesome!

Can't wait to see the character customisation options.

5 hours ago, PNWParksFan said:

I hope you'll be reaching out to developers before the public release so we can give feedback/requests on the API and update our mods to be compatible. With the level of complexity of some LSPDFR plugins, and the amount of changes here, it could take a lot of work to update some mods. For 0.3 we never got consulted on the API, and as such many mods are chock-full of fragile workarounds that often cause performance issues and delay plugin development. A more robust API and the chance for us to weigh in on it before release would be a very nice gesture to the development community which has kept LSPDFR alive during its long silence. 

Yes, and we've already been reaching out to various developers regarding LSPDFR 0.4, primarily focused around EUP and RDE at the moment, as these mods tie in very nicely with a lot of our new systems.  

Regarding your other point, it's not a one-way street.  It's fantastic that there's many people like yourself who have created some great mods (and indeed we do frequently recognize and promote these mods throughout the community) which do a bunch of cool things, and add features that, for one reason or another, didn't make their way into an LSPDFR release.  At the same time, though, I feel like part of the reason this is possible is because of the way in which these same people can thrive during these periods between LSPDFR updates.  I don't think it'd be ideal if we were pushing updates and enhancements every three months as then there's just not the same opportunity for people like you to evolve and enhance their own work if you're constantly having to work around aggressive release cycles.

31 minutes ago, Sam said:

Yes, and we've already been reaching out to various developers regarding LSPDFR 0.4, primarily focused around EUP and RDE at the moment, as these mods tie in very nicely with a lot of our new systems.  

Regarding your other point, it's not a one-way street.  It's fantastic that there's many people like yourself who have created some great mods (and indeed we do frequently recognize and promote these mods throughout the community) which do a bunch of cool things, and add features that, for one reason or another, didn't make their way into an LSPDFR release.  At the same time, though, I feel like part of the reason this is possible is because of the way in which these same people can thrive during these periods between LSPDFR updates.  I don't think it'd be ideal if we were pushing updates and enhancements every three months as then there's just not the same opportunity for people like you to evolve and enhance their own work if you're constantly having to work around aggressive release cycles.

I understand long release cycles (and am guilty of it myself), all I'm asking is that we be included in the discussion before it gets released, so we don't have to wait another 2 years to get any shortcomings of the API addressed. ;) 

On 3/12/2018 at 9:40 AM, Pipeline said:

So what you're saying is... EUP uniformed custom cops on the beat, only requiring LSPDFR and EUP? If so, even more HYPE than there was already!

Right, but EUP isn't strictly required for anything in 0.4 - it's more of an optional thing (although one that we'd highly recommend).

In it's default state, LSPDFR 0.4 will support the default LSPD uniforms for the multiplayer characters.  Of course, normal peds are still supported too, and EUP only makes sense if you want to use the multiplayer characters for other agencies than just the LSPD.

Having said that, we'll probably release 0.4 with an optional pre-built configuration pack which works with EUP "out of the box", so you won't have to spend time adding all of the outfits into our system.

22 hours ago, J T said:

im really hoping it doesn't take a performance dip and also hoping the keyboard will be less dependent when getting information on foot to having it only when you get in a police car that was a big pet peeve in 0.3

We take great care to make sure that LSPDFR performs nicely, and our own @LMS is quite the master at getting under the hood and profiling all of that stuff.  If you can add cars and peds to your game already without any issues, then you shouldn't have any problems with using those added assets in 0.4.

25 minutes ago, PNWParksFan said:

I understand long release cycles (and am guilty of it myself), all I'm asking is that we be included in the discussion before it gets released, so we don't have to wait another 2 years to get any shortcomings of the API addressed. ;) 

When we get around to dealing with the API, it's definitely something that we can do.  Regardless, anyone is always free to reach out to us before then, though.  There's nothing stopping you, or any other developers from getting involved in the conversation about 0.4, just like loads of people have been doing in these topics.

17 minutes ago, Sam said:

When we get around to dealing with the API, it's definitely something that we can do.  Regardless, anyone is always free to reach out to us before then, though.  There's nothing stopping you, or any other developers from getting involved in the conversation about 0.4, just like loads of people have been doing in these topics.

As a starting point, we still have quite a few well-fleshed-out API feature requests open on the LSPDFR-API github here: https://github.com/LMSDev/LSPDFR-API/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue. If the LSPDFR dev team is still using that issue tracker to monitor requests from plugin devs, we can promote this on the plugin dev Discord and in the API forum here on lcpdfr.com to let developers know that it's a good time to think about requests. 

6 minutes ago, PNWParksFan said:

As a starting point, we still have quite a few well-fleshed-out API feature requests open on the LSPDFR-API github here: https://github.com/LMSDev/LSPDFR-API/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue. If the LSPDFR dev team is still using that issue tracker to monitor requests from plugin devs, we can promote this on the plugin dev Discord and in the API forum here on lcpdfr.com to let developers know that it's a good time to think about requests. 

I imagine that'd be fine, although it'd probably be best to wait until 0.4 is a little more set in stone and we've talked about some of the other key features - especially our character system and some of the major changes to AI.  There's also a couple of things on that list (adding police stations for example), which might not be so relevant anymore.

On 3/12/2018 at 7:13 PM, xXAlduin99 said:

wonder how the game will run with this..

every GTA online update the performance in SP with mods was getting worse. I wonder if this is intentional by rockstar. 

Of course its intentional. They want us to play multiplayer and be exposed to shark card advertisement.

Posted (edited)

Things LSPDFR players never say:

-Worst Update Ever

-I love these AI cops

-LSPDFR frickin and heckin sucks (excuse my language)

-@Lundy's retro cars go perfect with this 2011 CVPI :tongue:

-Kifflom

-I hate CHP cars

-ELS is horrible

-----------------------------------------------

On a serious note though, I can't wait. It looks amazing!

Edited by Niedosik
Update: found out I cannot say heck on this great christian website