Sentinel55

Sentinel's Showroom

22 minutes ago, Sentinel55 said:

I don't really see a difference. Can you provide bigger pictures?

I Circled it for you, its the weird white bubble thing it also does it on the front but only for the left half. Also it only happens at day time and when I activate the lights. Imma make a quick video showing the problem hold on.

Before.PNG

After.PNG

Edited by NopeBye

3 minutes ago, Sentinel55 said:

That's not a bug, it's a mesh that covers some of the leds underneath. It shouldn't be visible on lightstage 2 and 3.

Mmk, it shows up on all lighting stages except for when I click K or L, is there anyway to fix it or is it something I have to deal with?

1 minute ago, NopeBye said:

Mmk, it shows up on all lighting stages except for when I click K or L, is there anyway to fix it or is it something I have to deal with?

You can't do anything about it, this weird bubble thing is necessary for the lighting setup. It shouldn't be that obvious though. 

I'm currently working on an update. I'll see what I can do.

On 1/15/2019 at 2:06 PM, Sentinel55 said:

You can't do anything about it, this weird bubble thing is necessary for the lighting setup. It shouldn't be that obvious though. 

I'm currently working on an update. I'll see what I can do.

I'm assuming those translucent meshes are there to hide the extra lights behind.

If that so, just give it a completely black texture with opacity value of 5/255. You'll need to use a material that has no normal map and no specular shine. It'll look transparent in game, but it'll still hide the lights that are behind them. (Make sure the transparent glass is higher in the hierarchy than the lights too)

1 hour ago, Sgt.Kanyo said:

I'm assuming those translucent meshes are there to hide the extra lights behind.

Not quite. It's complicated.

1 hour ago, Sgt.Kanyo said:

If that so, just give it a completely black texture with opacity value of 5/255. You'll need to use a material that has no normal map and no specular shine. It'll look transparent in game, but it'll still hide the lights that are behind them. (Make sure the transparent glass is higher in the hierarchy than the lights too)

It should be that way.

So, the Vics are almost finished.

I have increased the size of the main antenna and the pushbar lights by 15%, made some minor visual changes to the Iforce system, fixed a big hole in the chassis, improved a few textures and I've fixed the bugs mentioned by Kanyo on site 3. And yes, I've also improved the taillights. 

Is there anything else that needs to be done? Let me know.

23 minutes ago, Sentinel55 said:

I have increased the size of the main antenna and the pushbar lights by 15%, made some minor visual changes to the Iforce system, fixed a big hole in the chassis, improved a few textures and I've fixed the bugs mentioned by Kanyo on site 3. And yes, I've also improved the taillights. 

nope im happy with the antenna longer and pushbar lights larger. pumped for the new vics but cant wait for those chargers

3 hours ago, Sentinel55 said:

None that I can recall. I'm excited for these new units!

On 1/18/2019 at 12:22 AM, Sentinel55 said:

Great to hear, I'll be waiting eagerly for the new update.

I can't really remember are the spotlights and takedown lights mapped to ELS?

That'd make my life easier when I want to enable them at a traffic stop, I won't have to switch on my brights, I'll just have to enable the spotlights and takedown lights with 1 button.

On 1/23/2019 at 7:17 PM, Sgt.Kanyo said:

I can't really remember are the spotlights and takedown lights mapped to ELS?

That'd make my life easier when I want to enable them at a traffic stop, I won't have to switch on my brights, I'll just have to enable the spotlights and takedown lights with 1 button.

You have to activate the spotlights and takedowns separately.

@Sentinel55 Absoluety love the models but im still getting the issue with the lightbar, now on the charger it isnt as bad but when it reaches the amber lights it does the same thing as the vic, I think it might be something to do with my day/night emissive in visuals.dat, what do you have your on?

1 hour ago, NopeBye said:

@Sentinel55 Absoluety love the models but im still getting the issue with the lightbar, now on the charger it isnt as bad but when it reaches the amber lights it does the same thing as the vic, I think it might be something to do with my day/night emissive in visuals.dat, what do you have your on?

Thanks! 

It might be caused by your ENB. Tell me which one you're using and I'll try to recreate the problem.

1 minute ago, Sentinel55 said:

Keep me updated.

Will do.

12 minutes ago, Sentinel55 said:

Keep me updated.

Ok, I started gta without rage and the lights didnt have the weird bubble, but as soon as I started with rage it caused it to happen, I also lowered the emissive down to 900 at day and 850 at night.