GunnDawg

Galls Street Thunder Siren?

I've recently discovered the Galls Street Thunder siren and quite like it, though I'm curious if it's an EMS/Fire siren only or do police actually use it? All my youtubeing of the siren yields EMS/Fire using it, but no police.

Sure I could still use it for my police vehicles but if it's not a REAL WORLD police siren then it sort of breaks the immersion for me, regardless if I like the way it sounds. Call me weird, heh.

So do you guys know of any real world POLICE departments that use this siren?

2 hours ago, FCV96 said:

The Galls Street Thunder is a budget model aimed at attracting the volunteer/individual market - I personally haven't seen it rolled out en masse.

Appreciate the info bud. Out of curiosity what makes it a "budget" model? As far as I know a sound and/or tone/frequence doesn't really have a $$$ amount attached to it unless you're talking about the speaker and console system it self maybe?

5 minutes ago, Illusionyary said:

I'm unsure of any departments actually using it, but I like the way it sounds too. I did a bit of testing with it in GTA V but trying to find a clean copy is hard.

The one I'm using is the one from the Modern Siren Pack, I think it sounds good enough to me!

20 hours ago, GunnDawg said:

Appreciate the info bud. Out of curiosity what makes it a "budget" model? As far as I know a sound and/or tone/frequence doesn't really have a $$$ amount attached to it unless you're talking about the speaker and console system it self maybe?

Primarily the fact that it's badged as a Galls siren and is fairly cheap as far as sirens go more than anything.  You have tiers of equipment manufacturers based upon their pricing models and who they're marketing toward IMO.  Whelen, Federal, and Code3 are generally the priciest and are primarily focused upon professional usage.  On the other end of the spectrum you have companies that cater to a more affordable price point for volunteers, the budget conscious, etc like some of Carson's models, SVP/Star-Signal, etc.  I'd consider Galls to be in the latter category.

Edited by FCV96

On 2/7/2018 at 4:12 PM, GunnDawg said:

I've recently discovered the Galls Street Thunder siren and quite like it, though I'm curious if it's an EMS/Fire siren only or do police actually use it? All my youtubeing of the siren yields EMS/Fire using it, but no police.

Sure I could still use it for my police vehicles but if it's not a REAL WORLD police siren then it sort of breaks the immersion for me, regardless if I like the way it sounds. Call me weird, heh.

So do you guys know of any real world POLICE departments that use this siren?

Rochester NY Police, Buffalo NY Police (newer units), Multiple suburb police departments of these cities use it, Monroe County Sheriffs Office NY, Livingston County Sheriffs Office NY, to name a few.. it's used all over western New York given that most of our emergency vehicle outfitters generally always have galls/svp models in stock.

Edited by BrandonD23

On 8/16/2018 at 1:36 AM, BrandonD23 said:

Rochester NY Police, Buffalo NY Police (newer units), Multiple suburb police departments of these cities use it, Monroe County Sheriffs Office NY, Livingston County Sheriffs Office NY, to name a few.. it's used all over western New York given that most of our emergency vehicle outfitters generally always have galls/svp models in stock.

Can confirm, the wail setting can be heard all throughout Buffalo every day.