Jump to content
xXHardToBeatXx

Is this the folder that helps change brightness of police lights in ELS ?

Recommended Posts

58 minutes ago, xXHardToBeatXx said:

and if so what do i change it to its dim right now...

 

No.  You will need to open OpenIV and go to mods-->update-->update-->common-->data and grab the visualsettings.dat file.

 

 

 

 

http://i.imgur.com/I0B5P1Y.png

This topic has been moved to the appropriate forum. Please post in the correct location in the future.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Scroll about a quarter of the way down until you see the "emissive bits" section, and crank up the value of "car.defaultlight.day.emissive.on" and "car.defaultlight.night.emissive.on" to a couple of hundred. The Radiance mod for example has them set to 1700 (day) and 1100 (night), so anywhere around there is fine, the higher the number the brighter the lights. I wouldn't go above 2500 though.

 

Once you've done that just save it and reimport it with OpenIV.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Speaking for me regarding the lights, here's my settings for car.defaultlight emissives:

 

day: 6000.00

 

Night: 1500.00

 

and my lights look perfect. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Illusionyary said:

6000?! RadianceV doesn't even go above 2300, 6000 must be blinding!

 

Ha ha, not at all.  6000 seems to be perfect for day time/

 

 

 

20180121010749_1.jpg

20180121010849_1.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Illusionyary said:

Scroll about a quarter of the way down until you see the "emissive bits" section, and crank up the value of "car.defaultlight.day.emissive.on" and "car.defaultlight.night.emissive.on" to a couple of hundred. The Radiance mod for example has them set to 1700 (day) and 1100 (night), so anywhere around there is fine, the higher the number the brighter the lights. I wouldn't go above 2500 though.

 

Once you've done that just save it and reimport it with OpenIV.

 how do reimport? do i just save it inside openiv or do i have to drag something in to the gta 5 file plus i still have to find car.defualtlightday emissive thing

is this the thing your talking about? to change the value?

8.png

also I am trying to change the number but it won't let me...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, xXHardToBeatXx said:

 how do reimport? do i just save it inside openiv or do i have to drag something in to the gta 5 file plus i still have to find car.defualtlightday emissive thing

is this the thing your talking about? to change the value?

-snip-

also I am trying to change the number but it won't let me...

Exit out of that preview, enable editing mode with OpenIV and drag the visualsettings.dat file out of OpenIV onto your desktop. Open it with NotePad, scroll down until you find the emissive section, then change the number, save it, then drag it back into OpenIV where you found it (update/update.rpf/common/data).

 

12 hours ago, Kallus said:

 

Ha ha, not at all.  6000 seems to be perfect for day time/

Maybe it's hard limited? Because that doesn't look brighter than the 2300 of Radiance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

for sure I did it it looks a little better at 6000 and 1500 but not as much as I would of thought

 

I have a second dairy question i just installed a persons vehichles pack they are in the game but the sirens don't come on just honks the horn when i press siren button.... lol ugh

if its a pack thing do I have to install every pack of vehicles for the sirens to work? or na

also thanks alot guys for helping maybe I should download one of those things to make them  brighter....

 

now just dealing with the sirens not working on new updated vehicles but still works on the older ones

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...