badass22

JDM/Ricer callout

I'd like if you're patrolling in the streets and you get a callout over a JDM cars meeting (aka ricers), and that's because people who live in that area (when the JDM meeting is taking place) are complaining about the noise the cars make (because they're tuned including the exhausts, aka fart cans). So you have to go there and make them move away, but remember that it's up to them: they can cooperate or they can start a fight against you (so it's recommended to bring some fellow officers too).

I had this idea because the game is based in a city mostly inspired to Los Angeles, and that is the city where the first movies of the Fast & Furious saga were shot. And there's a strong culture of car tuning and street racing in the West Coast. So I think this callout would be interesting.

Edited by badass22

Though, worth a mention that loosely throwing around the term "ricer" and associating it in general with JDM, tuned cars, and exhaust modifications is quite wrong. JDM is a car culture, much as Euro and the others are. Exhaust modifications in general also don't make you a ricer, unless you specifically decide to go for some obnoxious fart cannon or something similar.

I do like your idea though, would be quite cool if implemented.

1 hour ago, Kane104 said:

Though, worth a mention that loosely throwing around the term "ricer" and associating it in general with JDM, tuned cars, and exhaust modifications is quite wrong. JDM is a car culture, much as Euro and the others are. Exhaust modifications in general also don't make you a ricer, unless you specifically decide to go for some obnoxious fart cannon or something similar.

Btw I wasn't hating on JDM tuned cars, I like them. I was referring to the guys who tune their cars in "ricer" style and meet, then they make all the noise disturbing the peace, or worse going with street racing. But it goes to properly tuned cars too.

9 hours ago, Kane104 said:

Thank you. I was gonna say I'm one of those JDM enthusiasts  and owner myself haha.