Sign in to follow this  
Tango

I think my city is more dangerous than they say it is

Alright, so I supposedly live in the third most dangerous city:

Springfield, Ill., metropolitan area ranks third on our list with 855 violent crimes per 100,000 residents in 2010. The Illinois state capital confounds analysts who try to interpret its relatively high crime rate. The unemployment rate was lower than the national average at 7% as of July so the economy wouldn’t seem to play a major role in crime. The area’s relatively young population – 66% of the city is under the age of 44 – may be a factor, as younger areas generally have higher rates of crime.

Before those statistics came out I barley saw any patrol cars, but after the statistics come out, I start seeing more and more, like just yesterday, I saw a Ford F-150 police truck. Now call me crazy, but I think that our city is actually more dangerous than are city officials are saying it is. I haven't personally noticed an increase in crime in our area, but I think thats due to the fact of I live in a nice neighborhood. What do you think? If you know the area you might know what I'm talking about.

Yeah, I live 30 minutes away from Detroit...

Well, Chicago is a dangerous city, especially after the world has just fallen apart. ZOMBIES!

But that's one weird thing of the world, once you hear of something, you always hear of it or see it.

Strange.Chicago PD scanner seems to be the most active ones of all.Even more than the NYPD Traffic and Spec Ops.I can listen it to 24x7 without detecting ANY silence.

Edited by Dhruv

Ye, thats why i always listen to CPD scanner,because theres always something happening.... (south chicago 4th disctrict)

[indent=9][url="http://img805.imageshack.us/img805/5867/gonzyskins.png"][color=#ffffff][img]http://img542.imageshack.us/img542/5867/gonzyskins.png[/img][/color][/url][/indent]

I live just out side CHICAGO.....nuff said....my CPD radio goes nuts, IL NEEDS CONCEALED CARRY

Gonzy..Im on the north side

Edited by Asuna

Gonzy..Im on the north side

Lucky bastard :D South side is crazy...

CPD is awesome.... my favourite pd... i want to visit Chicago in the future... (im from europe)

[indent=9][url="http://img805.imageshack.us/img805/5867/gonzyskins.png"][color=#ffffff][img]http://img542.imageshack.us/img542/5867/gonzyskins.png[/img][/color][/url][/indent]

Lucky bastard :D South side is crazy...

CPD is awesome.... my favourite pd... i want to visit Chicago in the future... (im from europe)

go to the north side of chicago, you'll be safer

Winnipeg Manitoba was ranked second i think and was a pretty big shit hole of a city before i moved away, but Halifax and Vancouver are pretty bad places to live, most likely because Halifax and Vancouver are along the east and west coast, major Narcotic's dstiribution, and since prostituion is being legalized in some places in Canada (making it less dangerous for prostitutes) crime may go down.

Edited by Ross305

Chicago doesn't report all it crimes (sexual assault being one of them) at the federal level, hell not even at the state level. Chicago is a huge hub (prime spot) for vacation travelers/tourism... generating billions of dollars of income for the city. If Chicago was to report at the level that Detroit does, I can guarantee Chicago would be facing some of the same issues Detroit is going through.

Let me rephrase "doesn't" ... If 77 sexual assaults occurred in June 2012, Chicago will only report about a quarter of them. Hence, doesn't report them all.

go to the north side of chicago, you'll be safer

Anything north of 16th, you should be fine.

Edited by Nutt

Nutt, You cannot report whats not reported....90% of ALL sexual assault crimes are never reported

Nutt, You cannot report whats not reported....90% of ALL sexual assault crimes are never reported

What??? I'm talking about what is reported... why would i be talking about hypotheticals!? So if Chicago has 77 legitimate reported cases during June, they do "only" report a small percentage. Main reason being political - on keeping the city image as a great safe travel destination.

Edited by Nutt

Chicago doesn't report all it crimes (sexual assault being one of them) at the federal level, hell not even at the state level. Chicago is a huge hub (prime spot) for vacation travelers/tourism... generating billions of dollars of income for the city. If Chicago was to report at the level that Detroit does, I can guarantee Chicago would be facing some of the same issues Detroit is going through.

Let me rephrase "doesn't" ... If 77 sexual assaults occurred in June 2012, Chicago will only report about a quarter of them. Hence, doesn't report them all.

Anything north of 16th, you should be fine.

According to Wikipedia, Chicago's stats don't work for FBI reports because they're more inclusive, not less. They lump together all sexual assaults, not just rape, for example.