Sam

New Rockstar statement on modding

This is awesome to hear! 

"Please, put it in park, will ya?" "LSPD, see the lights, pullover." "Stop the vehicle, we need to have a little chat!" "Get in the car and keep your mouth shut." "You have the right to absolutely nothing." "The damn gun is jammed!"

https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/ywz87k/rockstar-games-talks-publisher-into-leaving-grand-theft-auto-v-modders-alone

"Rockstar Games seems to have moderated Take-Two's position, and has also told Motherboard that it is in contact with Krivoruchko with the intention of resolving the issue."

Krivoruchko = GooD-NTS, so hopefully OpenIV gets to continue being developed.

"Work and ideas get stolen, then you keep moving on doing your thing."

2 minutes ago, willpv23 said:

https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/ywz87k/rockstar-games-talks-publisher-into-leaving-grand-theft-auto-v-modders-alone

"Rockstar Games seems to have moderated Take-Two's position, and has also told Motherboard that it is in contact with Krivoruchko with the intention of resolving the issue."

Krivoruchko = GooD-NTS, so hopefully OpenIV gets to continue being developed.

Thanks!

So good to see the end to this dispute. It was truly amazing seeing the entire modding community come together to get this going and that petition! Also happy to see the newest SHV officially released. Let's get back on the streets!!

p.s- hopefully my GTA V works :sweat:

To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

Congradulations everyone it sounds like rockstar and take two have heard our voice and see for themselves that the modding community, although not a big slice of there revenue is still a big enough piece that will need to be appeased as well.

Just want to say thank you to @toy for getting all those signatures and everyones help in the community to spread the word.

Our word was definitely heard after over 75k people sign the petition and over 30k negative reviews dropped in such a short time to make this much noise 

We are definitely a huge community in that being the mod community.

@t0y I want to personally thank you for what you did. It was your doing that helped Rockstar/T2 to come to their senses. So...in other words I FUCKING LOVE YOU

Edited by HappyJoker

So T2 openly admits they are a bunch of idiots for saying OpenIV allowed for "malicious online mods", and that their excuse for taking down OpenIV was a complete and utter lie. What a beautiful company of retards.

Just downloaded an OpenIV updated that was 20mb. The update must have been released within the past few hours.

Edited by ajs96

What a major victory for every member of the GTA modding community that kept backing the OpenIV team. Very grateful to everybody who signed the petition, left a negative Steam review and covered this in news articles.

Most unfortunately, we've also seen people leave, call all single player modding (including scripting) illegal, say you'd get lawyers at your door if you continued to use OpenIV, say they'd switch their gameplay to FiveM to "abide by Take Two's wishes" (Take Two took down FiveM months ago and hasn't given permission to continue its development) and a load of other absurdities. Excuses and claims which are no more than a steaming pile of old baloney!

I felt obliged to do an impromptu stream to bust all these ridiculous lies and to thank those that stuck by the single player modding community and OpenIV. You should really consider throwing OpenIV a donation for their thousands of hours of work and to support them in all the stress they've been having over unwarranted legal fears - without the OpenIV developers, you'd be stuck with default vehicles, peds, visuals and textures.

Furthermore, major thanks to @t0y for creating and promoting his game-changing petition which accumulated over 80k signatures.

Keep modding! :thumbsup:

Edited by Albo1125

My YouTube: Click here. 

My Discord Server - https://discord.gg/0taiZvBSiw5qGAXU

Useful post? Let me and others know by clicking the Like button.
Check out my many script modifications! 
Having issues? LSPDFR Troubleshooter by Albo1125.

5 minutes ago, rmckinstry said:

I know this is way far in the future but IF we get OpenIV back, will the Liberty City in GTA 5 map be continued as well?

Highly unlikely, as I explain in my stream I believe this is one of the main reasons OpenIV was C&Dd in the first place.  Additionally, (iii) use or importation of other IP (including other Rockstar IP) in the project is one of the guidelines issued by Rockstar on what mods shouldn't do.

Edited by Albo1125

My YouTube: Click here. 

My Discord Server - https://discord.gg/0taiZvBSiw5qGAXU

Useful post? Let me and others know by clicking the Like button.
Check out my many script modifications! 
Having issues? LSPDFR Troubleshooter by Albo1125.

2 minutes ago, Albo1125 said:

Highly unlikely, as I explain in my stream I believe this is one of the main reasons OpenIV was C&Dd in the first place.  Additionally, (iii) use or importation of other IP (including other Rockstar IP) in the project is one of the guidelines issued by Rockstar on what mods shouldn't do.

Thats disappointing but understandable. At least OpenIV is back.