Twurtleee

TurtleGod3000's DEV Parts WIP

Always encouraged to see new modelers to GTA, welcome!  3d Modeling can be a lot of fun.  It can be incredibly rewarding creating original content for the GTA world.  With that being said, a little constructive criticism modeler to modeler (don't worry I'll be gentle).  A mistake I commonly see new modelers make, myself included, is using meshsmooth or turbosmooth.  It can really make your models look great, but it adds a lot of unnecessary geometry to a model (which for video games is a bad thing).  From my experience setting proper smoothing groups instead is a better option.  Simple geometry paired with a good texture can look just as good in game.   An advanced technique is baking the detail from a high poly model into a low poly model, you can search Youtube for detailed tutorials if you're interested in learning more.  Another helpful tip would be to add triangles to your scene information (since the game converts to triangles), it's a good thing to keep track of when you model.  You can do this by clicking the "+" symbol in the upper left hand corner of your viewing window, select "Configure Viewports...", click on "Statistics and check the "Triangle Count" box and I also check the "Total+Selection" box.  This helps a lot with keeping track of how much geometry your selected model has and also keeps track of the rest of your scene (for when your outfitting a vehicle or modeling a complete vehicle).  Keep striving to learn more and grow as a modeler and you'll be surprised by what you can build.  It's all up to you how far you want to take it, good luck!

@Ridgerunner Thanks for the input, i typically apply a smoother because I like to have that second high quality model as well, along with a lower quality too. I still don't know about baking and all that stuff in 3ds yet, mainly is I don't quiet understand it. I've watched videos on how to actually do it but for me, if I don't understand fully how it works it makes no sense to me, if you get what I'm saying. Again thanks for the input!

The other two consoles are finished, small one is a bench seat console made for trucks, suv's, etc.

console2.PNG

Console2_armrest_adjustment_screws.PNG

console2_face.PNG

console2_screws.PNG

console3.PNG

console3_face.PNG

console3_file_holder.PNG

console3_screws.PNG

Arm rests, and screws on all 3 consoles will be a extra piece. They add a few thousand poly's if you keep the screws, and arm rests, the maximum poly count on the consoles is 5.5k and under, these are high poly consoles so be sure you have a little wiggle room for these if you use them :)

On 5/20/2017 at 0:54 PM, TurtleGod3000 said:

WIP thread for any and all DEV parts i am planning on releasing, or am currently working on.

LowPolyConsole.PNG

Console that may come out for release in the future, needs some work. Comment what you think on it. :)

would die to see this!

Liberty II Glass

LIBERTYII_GLASS.PNG

Liberty II Module

LIBERTYII_MODULE.PNG

Liberty II Glass Cover

LIBERTYII_TOP_COVER.PNG

Liberty II Alley Takedown

LIBERTYII_TRIPLESTACK_TAKEDOWN.PNG

The liberty has been trashed, it wasn't near as accurate as it could have been. I'll be making another one in the near future.

Edited by Twurtleee

Haven't posted an update on the valor in a while now so more than likely everyone thought I never finished it.............. Got it finished last night gonna send it to be textured today. Expecting to get it released sometime soon as a development part so keep your eyes peeled!

FinishedValor.PNG

FinishedValor1.PNG

FinishedValor2.PNG

FinishedValor3.PNG

FinishedValor4.PNG

FinishedValor5.PNG

FinishedValor6.PNG

FinishedValor7.PNG

FinishedValor8.PNG

FinishedValor9.PNG

1 hour ago, Turtle. said:

Haven't posted an update on the valor in a while now so more than likely everyone thought I never finished it.............. Got it finished last night gonna send it to be textured today. Expecting to get it released sometime soon as a development part so keep your eyes peeled!

FinishedValor.PNG

FinishedValor1.PNG

FinishedValor2.PNG

FinishedValor3.PNG

FinishedValor4.PNG

FinishedValor5.PNG

FinishedValor6.PNG

FinishedValor7.PNG

FinishedValor8.PNG

FinishedValor9.PNG

This is awesome

I am gonna be remaking the hot feet on the valor, as well as doing the mounts for it that are on the underbody that clip into the doors. For now once the bar is released it will be as you see in the pics, later on I will update and give more changeability on what parts you may want to use on it. For example you may not want the mounts, so you can delete them. You may not want the hot feet, then delete them. Or you may want to leave everything on and use the feet, mounts, etc. Then keep it, the choice will be yours.

2 hours ago, Turtle. said:

I am gonna be remaking the hot feet on the valor, as well as doing the mounts for it that are on the underbody that clip into the doors. For now once the bar is released it will be as you see in the pics, later on I will update and give more changeability on what parts you may want to use on it. For example you may not want the mounts, so you can delete them. You may not want the hot feet, then delete them. Or you may want to leave everything on and use the feet, mounts, etc. Then keep it, the choice will be yours.

Please make a damn SUV version. There's several sedans out already but no SUV variants. 

@Pricefield thought so Matt has already mentioned it to me to do for the "Different Variations" bs he goes on about 24/7, but i'll more than likely make it, just need to add a few modules and do some edits to the top plate stuff. It'll probably come with the update with all the hot feet and stuff is added.