What's going on guys, I'm starting off a thread to showcase some of my models I'm making. I've only started in the last week so go easy :p

So far I've got a 14 Charger and 11 CVPI done with working take downs and in my opinion an extremely nice setup. I didn't want to go overboard with the lighting and equipment so I think the way I've set it up fits well with that style. If enough people are interested than I'd be more than happy to release them when they are finished. 

I'm adding either an Explorer or Tahoe to the pack for the Police3 slot and thinking about making it a K9 vehicle. After that comes a transport van and then a few unmarked vehicles with a nice but conservative lighting set up to kind of resemble the Secret Service vehicles (normally minimal lighting) for those of you who use the LSPS callouts.

If you have any ideas/concerns voice them below and I'll get back to you ASAP.

Lightbar credits for everyone to stop having a whinge.  

- NAME: WHELEN LIBERTY LFL
- VERSION: DEV_WHELEN_LIBERTY_V1.0
- OPTIMIZED FOR: any
- CREDITS: EVI
- MOD STATUS: Closed

ADDITIONAL NOTES
- Model created by EVI.
- By downloading/using this file you agree to include my name if you decide to release/use any of my work.

Cheers,

Hank.

P.S - Yes the screenshots look shit, I can't find a good visual style that I like yet. Also skins are by BradM, he made them for me based on Madisonville PD TX as a private request, but if you people like them I'll see about getting perms to release them.

20170518103914_1.jpg

20170518104121_1.jpg

Edited by HankVoight

Who's liberty is that?

Join Blue Line Gaming Today! Accepting Applications for Law Enforcement, Fire & Rescue, Dispatch and Civilian. More information here.

DO NOT CONTACT ME FOR SUPPORT! THAT IS WHAT THE FORUMS ARE FOR!
DO NOT CONTACT ME FOR PERMISSIONS ON UNLOCKED PARTS OF MINE THAT YOU SHOULDN'T EVEN HAVE! YOU WILL BE TOLD NO!
DO NOT CONTACT ME FOR UNLOCKED PARTS UNLESS YOU WANT TO TRADE!

I received it from JJ Dawkins, I'm not entirely sure who's it is yet.

1 minute ago, Him1250 said:

Who's liberty is that?

4 hours ago, HankVoight said:

That's a slippery slope. It's best not to accept parts from people who you don't know how they got the parts in the first place, or even if you don't know where it originated from. I'd check on that, because if there's any ambiguity on where that part came from, ditch it. 

Edited by Mikofiticus

OUhmrRD.jpg

Steam/PSN: MikoFiticus, Origin: Admira1Snackbarr. Feel free to add me, I play lots of games!

Check out my YouTube! My Twitter!

2 hours ago, TmBB101 said:

Well Whelen Engineering Co. is the company that designs and manufacturers the liberty....?

The rights holder, yes. The creator of the 3d model in question? No.

Content creators in communities like these thrive on credit, as those of us that scratch model cars and any model in general expect credit for our efforts. In the same breath, I ask why else would we credit companies such as Ubisoft, EA, etc. for models used from their games? Its just a matter of practicing good morals and respect.

@Him1250 You could've PM'd him instead of taking his thread off-topic.

Thanks a lot guys for derailing my thread. :verymad:

Well this got out of hand quickly, I can understand about the whole crediting over the original person who made the part and blah blah blah but seriously, at the end of the day it's a part for a video game, who cares. I think the credits have been thrown around enough for everything available to anyone to not know where it comes from. I just began to model and within a matter of minutes of putting up a thread topic to show off what I think it's a huge achievement for me, I was fucked in the ass with people crying over credits.

I mean seriously unless you are the person who actually crafted the lightbar then, you have no right whatsoever to even comment on someone else using it.

Edited by HankVoight

3 hours ago, Mikofiticus said:

That's a slippery slope. It's best not to accept parts from people who you don't know how they got the parts in the first place, or even if you don't know where it originated from. I'd check on that, because if there's any ambiguity on where that part came from, ditch it. 

- NAME: WHELEN LIBERTY LFL
- VERSION: DEV_WHELEN_LIBERTY_V1.0
- OPTIMIZED FOR: any
- CREDITS: EVI
- MOD STATUS: Closed

ADDITIONAL NOTES
- Model created by EVI.
- By downloading/using this file you agree to include my name if you decide to release/use any of my work.

that is the full credits that i was given by a buddy then i also contacted EVI on gta mod center for permission and that answer was sure as long as you add my name into the credits. I respect Credits and would never steal take or give something out to a person without there permission 

o yeah and i modified it with a tier 3 that was provide to me so i hope that clears this up.

Edited by Mr.Kindness

6 hours ago, HankVoight said:

Thanks a lot guys for derailing my thread. :verymad:

Well this got out of hand quickly, I can understand about the whole crediting over the original person who made the part and blah blah blah but seriously, at the end of the day it's a part for a video game, who cares. I think the credits have been thrown around enough for everything available to anyone to not know where it comes from. I just began to model and within a matter of minutes of putting up a thread topic to show off what I think it's a huge achievement for me, I was fucked in the ass with people crying over credits.

I mean seriously unless you are the person who actually crafted the lightbar then, you have no right whatsoever to even comment on someone else using it.

I think people were just wondering who's Liberty it was so they could let you know you probably shouldn't be using it if you didn't have permissions so you don't get a bad reputation. I don't believe anyone was "crying over credits". This may just be a video game, but 3D modeling stuff from complete scratch is a hobby for some people too. They do it as a pastime just to see their work sometimes even. Everyone's work should be respected whether or not it's a video game or not because a lot of hard work goes into them.

Any mods I release will be over on https://www.modding-forum.com for a month before they are released here.

8 hours ago, Izick said:

I think people were just wondering who's Liberty it was so they could let you know you probably shouldn't be using it if you didn't have permissions so you don't get a bad reputation. I don't believe anyone was "crying over credits". This may just be a video game, but 3D modeling stuff from complete scratch is a hobby for some people too. They do it as a pastime just to see their work sometimes even. Everyone's work should be respected whether or not it's a video game or not because a lot of hard work goes into them.

You must have completely ignored that last bit so here it is again - 

Unless you are the person who actually crafted the lightbar then, you have no right whatsoever to even comment on someone else using it. 

Edited by HankVoight

20 minutes ago, HankVoight said:

You must have completely ignored that last bit so here it is again - 

Unless you are the person who actually crafted the lightbar then, you have no right whatsoever to even comment on someone else using it. 

Sorry, but people (myself included) do. Just because I didn't make the 3D part doesn't mean that me or anyone else for that matter aren't allowed to speak up when they suspect something may be being used without proper permissions. I never even said you shouldn't be using the part. I simply just let you know that peoples work deserves to be respected. Now with that aside, let's see some updates with the vehicles.

Any mods I release will be over on https://www.modding-forum.com for a month before they are released here.

4 minutes ago, Izick said:

Sorry, but people (myself included) do. Just because I didn't make the 3D part doesn't mean that me or anyone else for that matter aren't allowed to speak up when they suspect something may be being used without proper permissions. I never even said you shouldn't be using the part. I simply just let you know that peoples work deserves to be respected. Now with that aside, let's see some updates with the vehicles.

That's all well and good but the situation had already been settled, the credits had been provided and all is right with the world again. There's no need to come in hours later and start it all up again. A simple PM would have sufficed, instead my thread has been completely derailed with everyone going off about a part which isn't even theirs.

All I can say is I now know why no one wants to release things because this is what they get for their troubles.

On 2017-5-18 at 10:36 AM, thegreathah said:

These are looking awesome buddy!

Thank you for your kind words! Especially coming from you with your fantastic mods!

Alright another update! Got some new screenshots and added some more vehicles. 

For the detective vic I removed the head rests just because I saw it in the show Chicago PD with Jay's CVPI, also had @RobertTM fold the passenger sun visor down for me so I could edit a light to look similar to a hideaway visor light.

So far -

Patrol duties - 

CVPI - 100%

Charger - 100%

Explorer - 100%

Transport - 

Express - 100%

Unmarked/Detective - 

CVPI - 100

Tahoe - 100%

Charger - 100%

Spoiler

20170518103930_1.jpg20170518104003_1.jpg20170518104112_1.jpg20170518104121_1.jpg20170518104141_1.jpg20170518104201_1.jpg20170518104304_3.jpg20170518104305_2.jpg20170518104348_1.jpg20170518104354_1.jpg20170518103914_1.jpg

Edited by HankVoight

1 hour ago, Izick said:

Sorry, but you don't. At least not here. According to the LCPDFR.com rules:

Report all potentially infringing content - do not attempt to address it publicly

No one gets to post publicly claiming "XYZ mod is stolen." Not even the original creator. Mod theft allegations are handled in private by the moderation team, not in public by whoever decides to call "thief." If you suspect someone is using a mod without permissions, you should report it with evidence: both evidence that the mod uses someone else's work, and evidence that the work was used without permission. Normally, only the original creator is in any position to provide the latter. There are exceptions (so feel free to file a report if you do have evidence), but in general we're unlikely to take any action just because of the suspicions of a third party.

I'm going to assume this tangent started with genuine interest over which Liberty bar was used and continued with a genuine desire to give advice on looking into permissions, and wasn't an attempt to accuse anyone of mod theft. However, it's been taken as far as it should go. This topic isn't about moral aspects of crediting and permissions, it's a showroom/WIP thread.

1 hour ago, HankVoight said:

Thank you for your kind words! Especially coming from you with your fantastic mods!

-snip-

Hide contents

-snip-

Very nice,

Would suggest taking the door trim off of the marked vic though.

2 minutes ago, t0y said:

Very nice,

Would suggest taking the door trim off of the marked vic though.

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll do that for sure!

So I've made a little transit PD pack to go along with the LSPD pack but I want to get some ideas for the skins? I don't really like the Oak Park based skins in this way so if you have any ideas and/or photos drop them below!

Transit 1.png

Transit 2.png

Version 2.0 is in the pipeline and on it's way. So far I've re-done the marked Vic and Charger and hope to get the unmarked Vic completed tonight. No eta as to when it will be all done as I'm quite busy in real life.

20170608170001_1.jpg

20170608170200_1.jpg

Decided to take a break from modelling for the better part of the last 6 months. However I'm back with a refreshed outlook on V and am ready to make cars again. I never got around to finishing 2.0 of the LSPD pack so I figure I may as well finish that before starting anything else. Check out the screenies below!!

20180224212310_1.jpg

20180224212518_1.jpg

20180224212519_2.jpg