Macgregor

LSPDFR Australia Discussion Thread 2.0

This will probably reveal my identity to so much people who remember the GTA IV days but anywayyyy,

Decided to create (or relaunch for those cheeky people in the know) a YouTube Channel. I currently don't have a headset which didn't help so I couldn't do commentary, I know it's not the best of best but yeah it's my first ever GTA V LSPDFR video, cut me some slack :P

(hopefully no one remembers the original channel and my 10FPS max setup)

Edited by SergeantDounuts12

5 hours ago, Macgregor said:

Oh dear god

what is it, you never thought you'd see the day

On a side note does anyone know how to ADD not REPLACE Police Cars in GTA V? I understand there's tutorials out there but most of them are outdated and don't seem to want to work with the newer updates...

Thanks!

5 hours ago, SergeantDounuts12 said:

what is it, you never thought you'd see the day

On a side note does anyone know how to ADD not REPLACE Police Cars in GTA V? I understand there's tutorials out there but most of them are outdated and don't seem to want to work with the newer updates...

Thanks!

The tutorials are still valid, the problem is that the gameconfig.xml now restricts the number of vehicles, so you cannot add any without having a modded version of this. Probably one of the most annoying things with gta, as it's not an easy thing to edit yourself and there aren't that many people that are willing to create a new modded xml every time there is a game update

If you don't read my readme files don't inbox me asking for help

4 hours ago, Macgregor said:

The tutorials are still valid, the problem is that the gameconfig.xml now restricts the number of vehicles, so you cannot add any without having a modded version of this. Probably one of the most annoying things with gta, as it's not an easy thing to edit yourself and there aren't that many people that are willing to create a new modded xml every time there is a game update

A quick google search showed this: https://www.gta5-mods.com/misc/gta-5-gameconfig-300-cars

EDIT: it does work

11 minutes ago, Ekalb said:

Glamour shots of the Falcon patrolling the new Redwood forest that appeared overnight in the Paleto area... 

its amazing how forests do that

Phew, I'm glad I found this before I got too far ahead of myself... :teehee:

First of all, howdy folks!  It's only been 8 years since I posted anything relating to GTA mods! (I created an Aus emergency pack back on GPM for IV, pictured below)

AUS_EMERG_VEH_JENKINS_V2_2010_COMBO.thumb.jpg.724daf1710a7cb93aaf86aa37b5a8cb8.jpg

I've been busy recently creating lots of variations on textures, all Australian related, not limited to vehicles.

Macgregor, Moose, SkillfulCorpse and probably others I can't think of have been the driving force behind doing this, but I foolishly thought that it would be somewhat easy to replace all the signs, posters, billboards, branding/logos and liveries with Australian based ones. I wasn't fully prepared for the sheer scope of what's involved (GTAV has the most assets of any game I've ever ripped apart)... Nearly half a million textures!! :wacko:

Here's a bit of a preview of what I've been up to:

GENERAL SERVICES:

AVIS Rental Bus (R* model)

5a65750b67b1f_JENKINSMEDIA_GTAV_AVISRentalBus@05x.jpg.598ade10d33a354d41a2aa4066b7a94e.jpg

Burrito various services (R* model)

NOTE: I created the StarTrack model before I discovered SkillfulCorpse's "Australian Skin Pack for Vanilla Models". My version is stupid in comparison. Already removed.

5a65750c55f89_JENKINSMEDIA_GTAV_BurritoServices@05x.jpg.600d0973df1589fbc847d653a7fd1920.jpg

WaterNSW Boxville. (R* model)
I have a couple of other variations completed but not added to the game yet. 

5a657513d717f_JENKINSMEDIA_GTAV_WaterNSWBoxville@05x.jpg.ee49581c33d67ddabf6099701d0a3a78.jpg

VEOLIA Trashmaster (R* model)

I haven't had a chance to work on carcols yet (for anything) but it will come.

5a657512c4a48_JENKINSMEDIA_GTAV_VEOLIATrashmaster@05x.jpg.796cd6daff775066b944c2263c55f82d.jpg

EMERGENCY SERVICES:

2014 Skoda Octavia vRS Estate NSW Ambulance Operations Commander. (Model by BritishGamer88)
This is about 10-12 hours of work... The windows were a real pain.
Still using BG88's ELS config and textures. Have yet to modify to suit AUS variant.

5a65750e28494_JENKINSMEDIA_GTAV_NSWAMBOOPCOMMSkodaOctaviaVRS@05x.jpg.f61f4ce0388aa87d8c2ec921c3985b5d.jpg

NSW Police Random Drug Testing Highway Patrol Bus (R* model - edits by Candice).

This is still WiP, honestly, the UV templates for this are a bit... off. It took probably more than 15 tries just to get the Window texture to line up with the rest, and it's still not perfect.

I also fixed some texture errors introduced by Candice regarding the interior shell.
I've created an additional 5 or 6 Australian emergency liveries for this as well, but the HWP RDT variant seemed like the biggest job so I tackled it first.

5a65750f0e324_JENKINSMEDIA_GTAV_NSWPolHWPRDTBus@05x.jpg.b969147d52d48e02ba9e7dd7636f520e.jpg

NSW Police Incident Response Search and Rescue Benson. (R* model - edits by Candice).

Another big one.Again I've created an additional 5 or 6 Australian emergency liveries for this, but not shown. (Yet)

5a6575101f122_JENKINSMEDIA_GTAV_NSWPolIncidentResponse@05x.jpg.61f71ef991638eb17c25179e59bc93fa.jpg

And lastly,

NSW Police Rescue 2012 Holden Colorado. (various model authors, NZVirtual, Moose, Macgregor etc)

I've been working on a different ELS VCF for this, as well as handling meta. The originals are good but could be better.

5a657510e3eba_JENKINSMEDIA_GTAV_NSWPolRescueHoldenColorado@05x.jpg.2ae28461e27c0668d77860c23d4a3fe1.jpg

I'm not ready to release these yet but I'm close with a couple of the vehicles.

Additionally, I've created about 50 posters and billboards with an Australian theme, but the most time-consuming part is locating the correct YTD for each sign and poster can be tedious at best. Even with the amazing Codewalker, still a long process. I wanted to also be respectful of the other Australian mod packs out there, so I am avoiding replacing/recreating things that have already been done (such as the OZGTA pack by Darkmyre).

I'd love to hear everyone's thoughts about my work so far... Can someone point me in the direction of a Discord to join if you guys have a server?

Cheers, Jenkins

JENKINSMEDIA_GTAV_Combos@0,5x.jpg

JENKINSMEDIA_GTAV_Utility Trucks@0,5x.jpg

5 hours ago, Jenkins87 said:

Phew, I'm glad I found this before I got too far ahead of myself... :teehee:

First of all, howdy folks!  It's only been 8 years since I posted anything relating to GTA mods! (I created an Aus emergency pack back on GPM for IV, pictured below)

AUS_EMERG_VEH_JENKINS_V2_2010_COMBO.thumb.jpg.724daf1710a7cb93aaf86aa37b5a8cb8.jpg

Woah, impressive. Oi @SNIT, found someone older than you

Edited by Macgregor

2 hours ago, Macgregor said:

Woah, impressive. Oi @SNIT, found someone older than you

God, you don't want to know what my first mod was... Or more accurately, when it was 

Think Zaibatsu and Wang Cars...

2 hours ago, MooseYTY said:

-snip-

Congrats on 1k rep lol, oh and, the bike is cool. I've thought about doing this for the beamer;

ba49ae82730f9c6bccea224539627047--police

2 hours ago, Sergeant Ando said:

Nice boots, Do they come in mens?

With those ankles, who needs em?

2 minutes ago, Jenkins87 said:

God, you don't want to know what my first mod was... Or more accurately, when it was 

Think Zaibatsu and Wang Cars...

Congrats on 1k rep lol, oh and, the bike is cool. I've thought about doing this for the beamer;

With those ankles, who needs em?

I can chuck you the template for the fjr if you'd like?

hey everyone,

i seen quite a few amazing pictures of models in GTA V and i thought i'd share a few of mine, do bare in mind the skins nor models i made.20180118130145_1.thumb.jpg.fb663542ed86fc47344d90fcc04ceb7d.jpg20180118130625_1.thumb.jpg.253fb550eace67e2e133edb7b9e55e34.jpg20180118143948_1.thumb.jpg.908711d9f146d35fb83c960ab0358682.jpg

For more pictures click here or check out my friend 

Edited by OblongGaming

Coming Soon

Steam: Coming soon | Our website : Coming soon