mtamosaitis

Light bar tint question

The light bar has a texture, the tinting only applies to the car's windows. Inside the car's .ytd file there should be a file with the light bar's glass.

Completely misread that. You have to select the light bar's glass in vertex mode, use the paint tool on the A channel, paint all of it black. Or, as I like to do, use a different material. I prefer vehicle_badges for light bar glass. Vehglass acts weird.

Edited by Lundy

76561198097811776.png

"This represents imminent danger, for sure."

4 hours ago, Lundy said:

Or, as I like to do, use a different material. I prefer vehicle_badges for light bar glass. Vehglass acts weird.

I disagree, use vehglass for lightbar glass. If you have glass flutings on like, for example a Whelen Liberty, I'd suggest rather creating another layer of mesh over the vehglass and assign that to the badges material.

Using the badges material was only good in IV, instead in V it actually causes weird shading issues as you call them from my experience. I don't want to hijack the thread, but would you mind just posting some comparison screenshots of what you call weird? Using the badges material causes weird lit up reflections regardless of whether you shine light on it or not, sometimes depending on the angle you look at it from too.

8 hours ago, Kane104 said:

I disagree, use vehglass for lightbar glass. If you have glass flutings on like, for example a Whelen Liberty, I'd suggest rather creating another layer of mesh over the vehglass and assign that to the badges material.

Using the badges material was only good in IV, instead in V it actually causes weird shading issues as you call them from my experience. I don't want to hijack the thread, but would you mind just posting some comparison screenshots of what you call weird? Using the badges material causes weird lit up reflections regardless of whether you shine light on it or not, sometimes depending on the angle you look at it from too.

I'm not able to access any pictures from my phone, but vehglass acts oddly when light is shined onto it. Especially on parts like headlamp glass, youll see it turn into the colour as the light shined as the rest of the vehicle only reflects small amounts if any at all. I personally haven't noticed any issues on vehicle_badges, I sometimes use vehicle_lights, too. Vehicle_badges I use for the bump map slot incase I need more detail on the part.

76561198097811776.png

"This represents imminent danger, for sure."