Scott1

oldest police vehicle currently in service?

39 minutes ago, I'm not a robot said:

1988 Mitsubishi Lancer

img_0.jpg

That light bar is so tiny it reminds me of the Fisher Price police car.  Jokes aside, I love the look of that car.

On 1/9/2018 at 5:12 PM, Original Light said:

ah the LAPD still use 1998 CVPI´s too, now that´s Interesting

The Turkish Police still use the 2002-2009 Renault Mégane II Police Car(I saw one with ZER Rotator Lights at Kapikule Border Cross)

Here is the Polizeikommissar Officer GILLETTE ABDI

On 8/8/2017 at 5:11 PM, Lundy said:

image.png.3075e86afbbf65ae07924ef36b741e93.png

In service replica.

It's actually not a replica. This exact car was in service, and wrecked out at 9,000 miles. It has since been authenticated and restored to original condition. Most of their vintage cruisers are authentic units.

http://www.seametropolicemuseum.org/docs/PoliceSatellite.pdf

OUhmrRD.jpg

Steam/PSN: MikoFiticus, Origin: Admira1Snackbarr. Feel free to add me, I play lots of games!

Check out my YouTube! My Twitter!

10 hours ago, Illusionyary said:

Since we've got a few Japanese police cars here, the R34 is still in service as of December 2016.

That is sexy! 

This is a picture of my local police station. In Germany all police vehicles are blue and silver (except for the uniformed federal police, they are blue and white). I live in a smaller town, so we only have about 2/3 patrol vehicles. This is one of them. It is a 1998 Volkswagen Passat, so it is 20 years old now (happy birthday, I guess).

115145.jpg

As of 2018 Baltimore police still has one 98 vic rolling around. Its apparently an unaccounted for unit used by some maintenance guy. its grey because its a retired housing pd unit remarked by the city police. in 2013 i saw a 97 vic go by and if can can remember straight it was last seen in 2016 and several 97 vic were retired in 2016 along with some 95 mustangs 

33442016043_76ff432859_b.jpg%C2%A0

8623902674_7814fffcab_b.jpg

Edited by MrMook

talking about 98' vics, this LAPD unit got stuck in mud earlier this year, and it's a 98', so they probably still had this 20 year old car in service until now, or at least until, well.. it got stuck there.

DTHL3iaV4AASB9G.jpg

Edited by 11john11

21 hours ago, MrMook said:

As of 2018 Baltimore police still has one 98 vic rolling around. Its apparently an unaccounted for unit used by some maintenance guy. its grey because its a retired housing pd unit remarked by the city police. in 2013 i saw a 97 vic go by and if can can remember straight it was last seen in 2016 and several 97 vic were retired in 2016 along with some 95 mustangs 

33442016043_76ff432859_b.jpg%C2%A0

Wow, I think I saw the last one (or a similar one) parked at East Fayette, a traffic enforcement unit as well. Gotta look through my archives, maybe I took its picture.

Actually, 8 years ago there were a lot of Crownvics used by the BPD as Accident Investigation units. And then there were of course the MDTA police (yep, quality sucks)

eOYWkaFCGuo.jpg

the last time i remember seeing a white BPD vic was around two years ago and it was broken down on the side of the road. here is an interesting vid i found online. an 80s chevy truck retired in 3013 from nypd 

Sorry for interrupting the US show 😉 

Near my city is one of the states police schools. Usually, a lot of unmarked cars (service vehicles) and police buses are driving around, but sometimes you will actually see an old vehicle that they are using (at least that is what I am assuming) for training purposes. Like this older BMW. 

Image: http://www.polizeiautos.de/

sn-mw-bmw3ert-vo2 (1).jpg

Google "Ford Mustang SSP" and you will find so many documents on restoring these 1990 police cars. It has turned into a hobby for many hobbiests.

As for the one active, it is rumored they still exists on active duty (the CHP might still use them as EVOC training vehicles). The Nebraska State Police might still have one that is untouched. 

what-is-an-ssp-mustang_8c39d034.jpg

On 1/7/2018 at 8:22 PM, IFriggenLoveBears said:

1995 Caprice was in service as of 2016. Not sure if they still use it but it would be cool as hell if they did.

http://www.nwherald.com/2016/01/25/20-year-old-chevrolet-caprice-still-patrolling-for-mchenry-county-sheriffs-office-with-video/aame9q3/

I haven't seen it at all, but I suppose it could be right place wrong time kinda stuff.

On 10/5/2018 at 5:03 PM, master1114 said:

Near my city is one of the states police schools. Usually, a lot of unmarked cars (service vehicles) and police buses are driving around, but sometimes you will actually see an old vehicle that they are using (at least that is what I am assuming) for training purposes. Like this older BMW. 

god i miss that vehicle

Here is the Polizeikommissar Officer GILLETTE ABDI

On 10/5/2018 at 10:03 AM, master1114 said:

I really like the livery design.  The green and gray-ish silver work well together.  Light bar seems a tad too big. 😂

On 10/6/2018 at 3:42 PM, SCPDUnit23 said:

Google "Ford Mustang SSP" and you will find so many documents on restoring these 1990 police cars. It has turned into a hobby for many hobbiests.

As for the one active, it is rumored they still exists on active duty (the CHP might still use them as EVOC training vehicles). The Nebraska State Police might still have one that is untouched. 

This is spicy!  Imagine if @Jedahdiah made this with those rotators. OH LAWD!

On 10/7/2018 at 5:42 AM, SCPDUnit23 said:

sexy, Jetsonic.

Well if we were talking about law enforcement in general, I'd say it used to be my father, be his retired now 🤣

But actually many big city depts have one of their original cars as a recruiting vehicle of sorts

Edited by Ragnrok

Los Santos Metropolitan Police Department: Special Operations Division