Vixen

[WIP] Grand Theft Auto: Australia

Grand Theft Auto: Australia

A complete graphical overhaul of the environment, vehicles, and players of the Grand Theft Auto V universe to match the Australian landscape, signage, laws, and civilisation.

The final modifications package will be available as a .oiv and manual installation formats. Additionally, users will be able to choose from optional addons based on each state and territory of Australia, including assets for services based on the fictitious state of San Andreas.

Checklist of work to be done before release:

• All road signs and barriers retextured to Australian styles
  • Retexture freeway informational panels
  • Retexture assets such as postboxes
  • Complete overhaul of billboards for Australian and international brands advertisements
  • Retexture pre-exisiting signs (eg. stop signs) to be cleaned and have more accurate enhanced colours
  • Develop textures for the buses and trams for every state and territory, as well as fictitious services (ie. Los Santos Metro Bus Services) based on Australian styles
  • Retexture governmental facilities and properties with accurate logos and styles
  • Retexture NPC models to represent real Australian logos
  • Retexture vehicles such as the armoured currency vehicle
  • Work with a team to develop player and vehicle textures for emergency services for every Australian state and territory, in addition to the creation of fictitious emergency services of San Andreas based on Australian services (ie. San Andreas Police, San Andreas Metro Fire Service, etc) 
  • Revamped dispatch audio to suit Australian voices and codes

Key:

• Not started
  • Working on it
  • Completed

Pages 140-143 of the LSPDFR Australia Discussion Thread show some pictures of what work has already been completed. Stay tuned for updates on this thread from now on.

UPDATE: New lead developer - @Sgtnicko

As a result of this update, some promised features may not be included. From here on out (25 March 17), @Sgtnicko will post here with updates, comments, pictures, requests, and so forth.

Edited by Vixen
Updated.

Even tho i'm not Austrailian i still think this looks interesting.

Please do not message me for support or if we have not already established a line of communication. Any Personal Messages containing support questions will be ignored and deleted.

Join the LCPDFR.com community run server - https://discord.gg/UyQNtH2

Happy to contribute my truck textures to the project if you'd like (the various box trucks and semi-trailers retextured to Australian companies).

My YouTube Channel: Darkmyre Gaming (Australian LSPDFR patrols, plugins in development, and other games)

My Discord Server | AusGamer Network

Please do not PM me for technical support or bug reports, use the appropriate forum or plugin's comments instead.

Would love to see Australian looking police & fire stations & hospitals before I need to see any Australian civilian peds, for instance. 

There's some good Australian skins out there & this will add to it.

Edited by erkpod

10 hours ago, Darkmyre said:

Happy to contribute my truck textures to the project if you'd like (the various box trucks and semi-trailers retextured to Australian companies).

Cool mate, thanks. Once I move onto peds and vehicles, will definitely consider that. Cheers.

29 minutes ago, RhythmicSpark6 said:

I would love to see this in my game it's a great idea! I would love to help if needed.

Cheers. Keep an eye here and I will post when I need help. :)

I've got a board of all the things I am planning to complete before release. These are things that I'm going to do, hence why only South Australia and San Andreas Police are listed, since others will contribute police material from other states. There are some things on here I have not talked about prior, so if you can decipher my handwriting, you might see some surprises of things I'm working on that you might not have expected/thought of. The red x's mean I am yet to start working on it, while the green ticks mean I have started working on it (but have not necessarily completed).

Have a look.

IMG_1410.JPG

Edited by Vixen

I AM LOOKING FOR

~5 x Australian voice actor (male or female, preferably 18+) w/ a decent microphone

For the purposes of recording multiple variations and adaptations of the dispatch audio found in game to suit the Australian radio norms. If your interested, contact me. You will be credited as a contributor to this project.

Cheers mates ;)

Edited by Vixen
Updated request.

2 hours ago, Vixen said:

I AM LOOKING FOR

1 x Australian voice actor (male or female, preferably 18+) w/ a decent microphone

For the purposes of recording multiple variations and adaptations of the dispatch audio found in game to suit the Australian radio norms. If your interested, contact me. You will be credited as a contributor to this project.

Cheers mates ;)

Depending on how many expressions of interest & suitable voices you get, I'd suggest 1 dispatcher, 1 supervisor & several voices for car crews. 

I'm more than happy to help. Have been a comms guy in a past life. 

While I'm here, this question could possibly be answered by Darkmyre. Using the newly released NSW GDs skins for the Evoke as an example, is dispatch/the game smart enough to know that I'm in City 35 & not to spawn another City 35? I know that you can tell the game your callsign but is there an easier way rather than change the ini file before a patrol?

52 minutes ago, erkpod said:

Depending on how many expressions of interest & suitable voices you get, I'd suggest 1 dispatcher, 1 supervisor & several voices for car crews. 

I'm more than happy to help. Have been a comms guy in a past life. 

While I'm here, this question could possibly be answered by Darkmyre. Using the newly released NSW GDs skins for the Evoke as an example, is dispatch/the game smart enough to know that I'm in City 35 & not to spawn another City 35? I know that you can tell the game your callsign but is there an easier way rather than change the ini file before a patrol?

That's a good idea. I'll update the request to 3-5 people for voices. I'll write you down and send you a message when I am set to start getting the audio recorded. As for the last question, I have no idea. @Darkmyre would probably know the answer.

In related news, I've started work on the transformation of the police stations...

120.png

121.png

1 hour ago, erkpod said:

Not really no, the game doesnt know what is on the livery at all, just that its 1 of up to 8 possible skins for the vehicle to spawn in with.

My YouTube Channel: Darkmyre Gaming (Australian LSPDFR patrols, plugins in development, and other games)

Please do not PM me for technical support or bug reports, use the appropriate forum or plugin's comments instead.

29 minutes ago, Darkmyre said:

Not really no, the game doesnt know what is on the livery at all, just that its 1 of up to 8 possible skins for the vehicle to spawn in with.

I was hoping that if I was using Police2, it wouldn't spawn another Police2, for instance. I've purposely got CI35 in Police & CI39 in Police2 for that reason.

On ‎20‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 2:29 PM, Vixen said:

I AM LOOKING FOR

~5 x Australian voice actor (male or female, preferably 18+) w/ a decent microphone

Cheers mates ;)

if you need a hand let me know I'm a firefighter and I have a hating for people using the radios wrong lol but yeah shoot me a message if you need me

18 minutes ago, AussieGaming said:

How did you edit everything, and im more then happy to help. If i learn how to edit the Buldings etc?

I am working through each archive one at a time, opening the view-able files and making decisions about whether or not I would like to change something. If so, then I export the view able dictionary file, open it in a texture toolkit, export the textures I wish to edit, create a duplicate file, edit the texture, re upload it to the texture toolkit and then re upload that file to the directory in OpenIV. At the moment, it's just a case of working solo so that I can keep track of everything. When I need help, I'll make a post on this thread.

@Sgtnicko - Just gonna be real with you here, no. I've recently acquired the role of Fire Lieutenant on BxBugs' FiveM server, and I've dedicated all of my game time to that role. I haven't opened GTA single player, or even LCPDFR.com for that matter, in months. I've seen Darkmye put some work into doing his own, and anyone who wants them, I will gladly pass off my modified files, however I simply do not have the time or motivation to continue this project. I apologize, however the Fire Department has become my priority, and I expect it will continue to be into the future.

UPDATE: The project will be taken over by @Sgtnicko

Edited by Vixen

Okay so,

This will come as a surprise to most of you!

As most of you know this project has been very quiet for the last 9 or so months and most of you probably think it's dead, I've intentionally kept it quiet because I didn't know if was something I would be able to finish.

However, I've been slowly and steadily working on it and it's slowly getting there and I'm now at 4.46 Gigs worth of High-Definition textures of world objects and such.

THIS IS NOT ME SAYING THE PROJECT IS FINISHED. I'm simply saying it's a big task and hasn't been forgotten.

What I would like to however know as I'm beginning to approach areas that differ from state to territory to state.

However, I need opinions on how it's going to work, the file download is large so it will more than likely be hosted on a personal server.

Things I would like to know:

• Would people like separate packs for each state and territory?
  • Would people like the download to have a magnet for torrent clients?
  • Would people like the installation method to be a DLC.rpf or an OIV package?

If people would like separate packs I'll probably need some helpers after I figure out a way which I can track everything.

Also, if anyone has any suggestions please throw them in. I'll do my best to get back to everyone.

Thanks,

SgtNicko

Join Our Discord Server! -  https://discord.gg/nqJZjHM : LSPDFR Australia

Untitled-1.png

Personally I'd prefer an RPF to an installer. If a lot of it is going to be common across each state, maybe two RPF's - one for the common files, and a smaller one for the state-specific, that way you're not duplicating the 4+gigs for each state/territory.

1 minute ago, Darkmyre said:

Personally I'd prefer an RPF to an installer. If a lot of it is going to be common across each state, maybe two RPF's - one for the common files, and a smaller one for the state-specific, that way you're not duplicating the 4+gigs for each state/territory.

Yeah,

I was thinking of doing it like that too.

I'm thinking setting up a 'Base pack' of sorts like Orbx for FSX. Then creating other packs that go over it.

Join Our Discord Server! -  https://discord.gg/nqJZjHM : LSPDFR Australia

Untitled-1.png

@Sgtnicko

when you get to the Vehicles and peds would you like a small group to help with a certain state ie Western Australia, as I’m going to be starting up a small group to make and possibly release a Western Australia pack that I could contribute it to this pack as well or as an addon

Coming Soon

Steam: Coming soon | Our website : Coming soon