Yard1

[REL] Realism Dispatch Enhanced 3.1.1

12 hours ago, PhillBellic said:

Could well be.

Anyway, here's a Fun Fact for y'all;

On some Warehouses in the LS Port, there's Warehouse Space Available.

wCai725.jpg
I didn't know the LC Port Authority operated in LS. :D XD

This should probs be changed. What do ya reckon?

I have already found and fixed some textures, I cannot remember if they made it into dev version though.

7 hours ago, Yard1 said:

I have already found and fixed some textures,

I cannot remember if they made it into dev version though.

Including these ones?

Fair enough. I didn't see any Map edits to the Dock Building in question in the RDE Base File Set.

1 hour ago, PhillBellic said:

I still can't believe Rockstar didn't update that Texture. :/

Unfortunately, when it comes to in-game public services, their usual level of attention to details frequently lowers.

Interesting that there are unmarked LSPD units on Premiers... A node to Impalas IRL? Maybe adding a civilian version of Merit and an unmarked one could be a nice touch as well..

Just now, Hastings said:

Unfortunately, when it comes to in-game public services, their usual level of attention to details frequently lowers.

Interesting that there are unmarked LSPD units on Premiers... A node to Impalas IRL? Maybe adding a civilian version of Merit and an unmarked one could be a nice touch as well..

Yep. They should just hire the RDE Crew to implement 'Counties and Jurisdictions', Law Enforcement/Military Forces, and Emergency Services properly in the next GTA. :thumbsup:

There's a Civilian Merit in the IVPack Mod, FYI.

Anyway, does anyone else have problems with random Crashing when playing?

29 minutes ago, PhillBellic said:

Anyway, does anyone else have problems with random Crashing when playing?

Yeah, there's a Merit, so I'm hoping to see an unmarked Merit in future RDE releases, I love this neat car :3

I do, but I doubt mine is RDE-related. Yours have any specific log traces?

16 minutes ago, Hastings said:

Yeah, there's a Merit, so I'm hoping to see an unmarked Merit in future RDE releases, I love this neat car :3

I do, but I doubt mine is RDE-related. Yours have any specific log traces?

No Log traces. I've turned this on (from 'SixStarResponse.ini';

Debug=1												#Setting to 1 turns on debug text

I'll see how this goes simply for data collection.

In my case, it's not a clean CTD. I'll be cruising to an area, then suddenly the screen freezes. I have to [CTRL] [ALT] [DEL] then have to manually force close GTA V.

If I stay confined to the 'Read Dead Desert' Map (as shown in my earlier posted images regarding the Hunter) I can play for days with no crashing.

I'll admit that SSR is quite unstable at this moment - we have narrowed down some crash causes, but sadly, progress on fixing them has been very slow - with most of us (myself included) in college/university or working overtime, not much gets done.

Just now, Yard1 said:

I'll admit that SSR is quite unstable at this moment - we have narrowed down some crash causes, but sadly, progress on fixing them has been very slow - with most of us (myself included) in college/university or working overtime, not much gets done.

Including the type of crashing I'm experiencing?

9 minutes ago, romano21A said:

Does RDE remove the pushbars from the police vehicles or am I just too dumb to add them after I spawn the vehicles with Native Trainer?

It does remove them from some vehicles, in order to bring them closer to their real life counterparts.

4 hours ago, Yard1 said:

It does remove them from some vehicles, in order to bring them closer to their real life counterparts.

Speaking of Vehicles, are older RDE Vehicles Compatible (carcols.meta, etc) with V3.1.1?

Say, I would like to add one (hwaycar2) that was present in V2.2.1 as an added Vehicle for my own use?

On 20.11.2017 at 12:54 PM, Hastings said:

Oh R*, you never cease to amaze with your attention to details. Remember FDLS fire engines with FDLC badges. LSPD vehicles with LCPD computer background, or white Sheriff Cruisers but Panda Sheriff SUVs?

Just Cockstar being Cockstar  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

5 hours ago, PhillBellic said:

Just like in IV LCPD Vehicles appearing in New Alderney, among other things...

Yeah...that always bugged me. They bothered to create uniforms for the Alderney State Police...yet didn't bother to texture the vehicles or stations? I suppose Rockstar just has problem with State Police, I mean look at the Vanilla SAHP.

Bikes with LSPD markings. Two proper voices that refer to themselves as Highway Patrol, two that refer to them as LSPD. The worst color coordination fail I have ever seen on their uniform. And then there's the...incredibly intricate mess of badges, which refer to them as LOS SANTOS Highway Patrol on their shoulders but SAN ANDREAS Highway Patrol on their chests.

Of course...the whole Los Santos vs. San Andreas mistake is amazingly common in the game, even outside law enforcement. Various signs that refer to Los Santos as the name of the state. Donkey Punch Farm claims that its in San Andreas 'County.' ...I feel Rockstar has bipolar disorder when it comes to world detail, and law enforcement gets the worst of it.

11 minutes ago, NTM87 said:

Yeah...that always bugged me. They bothered to create uniforms for the Alderney State Police...yet didn't bother to texture the vehicles or stations? I suppose Rockstar just has problem with State Police, I mean look at the Vanilla SAHP.

Bikes with LSPD markings. Two proper voices that refer to themselves as Highway Patrol, two that refer to them as LSPD. The worst color coordination fail I have ever seen on their uniform. And then there's the...incredibly intricate mess of badges, which refer to them as LOS SANTOS Highway Patrol on their shoulders but SAN ANDREAS Highway Patrol on their chests.

Of course...the whole Los Santos vs. San Andreas mistake is amazingly common in the game, even outside law enforcement. Various signs that refer to Los Santos as the name of the state. Donkey Punch Farm claims that its in San Andreas 'County.' ...I feel Rockstar has bipolar disorder when it comes to world detail, and law enforcement gets the worst of it.

Agreed. Also, given that Rockstar North, the 'Flagship' Developer being based in Edinburgh probably complicates things as well.

Additionally, the appearance of the Los Santos County SD patrolling Blaine County in the Vanilla came is a complete farce as well.

Furthermore, going back to your comment about them having problems with State Police/Highway Patrol, just look at the North Yankton State Patrol, FFS! Why are they using Vehicles from the 1980's when their appearance in the Game is in 2004?

They could and should have used a Landstalker, and either a First Gen, or Second Gen Stanier/CEPI to make up their Fleet...

The mind boggles.

4 minutes ago, PhillBellic said:

Agreed. Also, given that Rockstar North, the 'Flagship' Developer being based in Edinburgh probably complicates things as well.

Additionally, the appearance of the Los Santos County SD patrolling Blaine County in the Vanilla came is a complete farce as well.

Furthermore, going back to your comment about them having problems with State Police/Highway Patrol, just look at the North Yankton State Patrol, FFS! Why are they using Vehicles from the 1980's when their appearance in the Game is in 2004?

They could and should have used a Landstalker, and either a First Gen, or Second Gen Stanier/CEPI to make up their Fleet...

The mind boggles.

The LSSD being anything other than a bit of side detail for the Davis Sheriff Station always confused the ever living heck out of me, as the BSCO is mentioned as existing in the default game by several post-mission news articles.  Then there's the fact the LSPD having its own SWAT teams is a crucial part of the preparations of Vangelico Heist, yet strangely only NOOSE exists. The NYSP are...I always assumed it was a case of comedy, or attempted comedy. Like the Rural Police in San Andreas, they're apparently nothing more than a bunch of old men who can barely be cops and are horribly under-equipped.  But it definitely stands out as weird, given the setting...maybe originally the Prologue was gonna take place in the 90s, and they never changed it when they moved it up a decade? Who knows, there's a lot of weirdo stuff left over from beta. Heck, there's also the fact there's a DOA Agent in the files of the game, yet the LSPD strangely assist the undercover DOA Agent in the Series A Finale's attempted bust. It's just incredibly strange how many assets are not utilized that exist in the files when it comes to law enforcement...just look at the police scanner audio.

4 hours ago, NTM87 said:

The LSSD being anything other than a bit of side detail for the Davis Sheriff Station always confused the ever living heck out of me, as the BSCO is mentioned as existing in the default game by several post-mission news articles.  Then there's the fact the LSPD having its own SWAT teams is a crucial part of the preparations of Vangelico Heist, yet strangely only NOOSE exists. The NYSP are...I always assumed it was a case of comedy, or attempted comedy. Like the Rural Police in San Andreas, they're apparently nothing more than a bunch of old men who can barely be cops and are horribly under-equipped.  But it definitely stands out as weird, given the setting...maybe originally the Prologue was gonna take place in the 90s, and they never changed it when they moved it up a decade? Who knows, there's a lot of weirdo stuff left over from beta. Heck, there's also the fact there's a DOA Agent in the files of the game, yet the LSPD strangely assist the undercover DOA Agent in the Series A Finale's attempted bust. It's just incredibly strange how many assets are not utilized that exist in the files when it comes to law enforcement...just look at the police scanner audio.

Oh, they don't care alright.

Though I will argue that in GTA SA in was more or less better. For example, there was San Andreas Police Department (a state police-like thing, guess can be treated as a Texas or Arisona DPS) with LSPD, SFPD, LVPD and Rural police being its branches. It's not quite how it is in the US but at least has some inner logic.

Though still having LSPD SWAT in Tierra Robada was a bit off, to say the least. 

But GTA IV brought it to the next level. You already mentioned ASP, but there is Noose PIA with different vehicles but LCPD uniforms and a Alderney State Correctional Facility using LCPD stockades, undercover LCPD officers in Alderney watching the bikers using FIB Buffalos with red-and-blue lights (considering how all LCPD vehicles use red-and-white), oh god. 

And it's not even that hard to create a proper vehicle. Take a Stanier, paint it black (see a red door first), put a light on it like that -> and voila!

W5hQd0R_HSs.jpgModders do that having only desire and energy. R* has money and human resources. And even for those guys who play GTA 'as intended' -- it only wold make firefights with cops much more interesting.

Edited by Hastings

6 hours ago, Hastings said:

Oh, they don't care alright.

Though I will argue that in GTA SA in was more or less better. For example, there was San Andreas Police Department (a state police-like thing, guess can be treated as a Texas or Arisona DPS) with LSPD, SFPD, LVPD and Rural police being its branches. It's not quite how it is in the US but at least has some inner logic.

Though still having LSPD SWAT in Tierra Robada was a bit off, to say the least. 

But GTA IV brought it to the next level. You already mentioned ASP, but there is Noose PIA with different vehicles but LCPD uniforms and a Alderney State Correctional Facility using LCPD stockades, undercover LCPD officers in Alderney watching the bikers using FIB Buffalos with red-and-blue lights (considering how all LCPD vehicles use red-and-white), oh god. 

And it's not even that hard to create a proper vehicle. Take a Stanier, paint it black (see a red door first), put a light on it like that -> and voila!

W5hQd0R_HSs.jpgModders do that having only desire and energy. R* has money and human resources. And even for those guys who play GTA 'as intended' -- it only wold make firefights with cops much more interesting.

Yeah, that's the thing. Rockstar has money, and TakeTwo wants to make more money. As far as I know, developers are basically overworked and underpaid. So they unfortunately cut corners.

As for the SAPD thing, it...makes little sense from an American standpoint, in terms of how law enforcement agencies are typically organized, but it is still logically consistent. It's more like a military organization though, with a unit that serves as the logistical command of smaller individual field units below. But I might be talking out of my ass. Usually, cities have their own police departments, rural areas are called counties and are policed by their own sheriff departments that can overlap with cities in jurisdiction, state police usually cover the highways and major transit routes to take pressure off the city and sheriff units, and federal law enforcement agencies take the major crimes and incidents so the local law enforcement can focus on the minor stuff. But none of them are branches of the same police force, usually. So the SAPD works, but it's not exactly how it works in the US from my understanding.

The weird thing about GTA IV is that...some of those issues were corrected in the Episodes, but...only for one mission. Like, for instance, the guards at Alderney State Correctional are State Police in free roam, but in The Lost and the Damned's finale mission, they are all Alderney Correctional Authority officers with unique uniforms and quotes. The undercover thing was an amazing case of laziness though...they created a bunch of new cars and bikes for the DLC, they apparently couldn't be bothered to just...do what you said with the Stainer or Merit. It could have been reused in The Ballad of Gay Tony for police stings during Drug Wars even. But I guess Rockstar didn't think of that. The PIA are...weird. Because it's another case of...why do that, but not this other thing. If they have  a law enforcement agency's vehicles textured and in the game other than the LCPD, why was the ASP left with LCPD vehicles? NOOSE had their enforcers, the PIA is a cool addition, but...it just feels weird how the directed their effort. It's like the inclusion of the Police Stinger, Police Bike, Police Buffalo in The Ballad of Gay Tony. The LCPD don't use any of them, two of them have red and blue lights, but they were added and created all the same for...seemingly no reason. Just seems like a waste of effort to me. I guess we'll never understand Rockstar.

5 hours ago, NTM87 said:

The weird thing about GTA IV is that...some of those issues were corrected in the Episodes, but...only for one mission. Like, for instance, the guards at Alderney State Correctional are State Police in free roam, but in The Lost and the Damned's finale mission, they are all Alderney Correctional Authority officers with unique uniforms and quotes. The undercover thing was an amazing case of laziness though...they created a bunch of new cars and bikes for the DLC, they apparently couldn't be bothered to just...do what you said with the Stainer or Merit. It could have been reused in The Ballad of Gay Tony for police stings during Drug Wars even. But I guess Rockstar didn't think of that. The PIA are...weird. Because it's another case of...why do that, but not this other thing. If they have  a law enforcement agency's vehicles textured and in the game other than the LCPD, why was the ASP left with LCPD vehicles? NOOSE had their enforcers, the PIA is a cool addition, but...it just feels weird how the directed their effort. It's like the inclusion of the Police Stinger, Police Bike, Police Buffalo in The Ballad of Gay Tony. The LCPD don't use any of them, two of them have red and blue lights, but they were added and created all the same for...seemingly no reason. Just seems like a waste of effort to me. I guess we'll never understand Rockstar.

About the PIA Vehicles, the fact there are no unique LEO's driving those Vehicles really bugs me as well. No matter where you are, either LCPD Officers, or NASP State Troopers will emerge from them...

The Police Bike should have been introduced into TLAD, not TBOGT, as it would have better suited the Biker theme of the former Game so much better.

The Police Bike should have been introduced into TLAD, not TBOGT, as it would have better suited the Biker theme of the former Game so much better.

Guess the problem is the AI. In SA when cop bikers slammed into the player that was fun. In GTA IV with its overall seriousness that would look simply dumb (in my opinion). 

By the way... Did you notice that in SA all bikers knew how to lane-split and often were able to bypass the whole line before a traffic light, but in GTA IV they instantly forgot how to do it and obediently sat in the middle of the road?

11 hours ago, NTM87 said:

As for the SAPD thing, it...makes little sense from an American standpoint, in terms of how law enforcement agencies are typically organized, but it is still logically consistent. It's more like a military organization though, with a unit that serves as the logistical command of smaller individual field units below. But I might be talking out of my ass. Usually, cities have their own police departments, rural areas are called counties and are policed by their own sheriff departments that can overlap with cities in jurisdiction, state police usually cover the highways and major transit routes to take pressure off the city and sheriff units, and federal law enforcement agencies take the major crimes and incidents so the local law enforcement can focus on the minor stuff. But none of them are branches of the same police force, usually. So the SAPD works, but it's not exactly how it works in the US from my understanding.

Well, I'm Russian, so you know how it works in the US much better than me anyways :D

I guess we could presume R* didn't do a complete research with SA...  Come to think of it, VCPD suffered from least mishaps than all police forces in 3d universe. Remember those cool Vice Cheetahs with their lights on the dashboard? 

In the end I can thank R* for at least creating enough tools for the modders to do whatever they want and amaze us with their high-quality models. 

About the PIA Vehicles, the fact there are no unique LEO's driving those Vehicles really bugs me as well. No matter where you are, either LCPD Officers, or NASP State Troopers will emerge from them...

The most incredibly strange thing is, according to the wiki, there's a unique model for NOOSE pilots. As in, for the Annihilator. Now, I'd love to test this with a trainer to swap through peds, but the most recent Rockstar update killed GTA IV's Scripthook compatibility. And I'd have no idea where to look using OpenIV. But if it's true, I find this even more absurd. You would bother with an NPC with which there is next to zero chance of the player noticing, but you can't be bothered to create NOOSE PIA officers? It'd be like if there was a special model of soldier (or Marine, but honestly, let's not get into the absolute mess that the US Military representation is in V) who pilots the Rhinos in Fort Zancudo but FIB teams were composed entirely of NOOSE personnel. ...Technically, this actually is the truth, the in-game FIB SWAT are just a version of the NOOSE ped, but at least they have different decals...in some missions. There are a lot of errors in terms of officer and law enforcement equipment placement in vanilla GTA V. My favorite is the random LSPD cruiser that appeared in front of the Paleto Bay BSCO station. Honestly...thank goodness for RDE and its corrections of these problems.

1 minute ago, Hastings said:

Guess the problem is the AI. In SA when cop bikers slammed into the player that was fun. In GTA IV with its overall seriousness that would look simply dumb (in my opinion). 

By the way... Did you notice that in SA all bikers knew how to lane-split and often were able to bypass the whole line before a traffic light, but in GTA IV they instantly forgot how to do it and obediently sat in the middle of the road?

Well, I'm Russian, so you know how it works in the US much better than me anyways :D

I guess we could presume R* didn't do a complete research with SA...  Come to think of it, VCPD suffered from least mishaps than all police forces in 3d universe. Remember those cool Vice Cheetahs with their lights on the dashboard? 

In the end I can thank R* for at least creating enough tools for the modders to do whatever they want and amaze us with their high-quality models. 

Indeed, I just wish R* also was willing to be like Bethesda and other companies by releasing actual modding tools. I'm sure even if they charged for it because TakeTwo are cheapskates, people would buy it because we'd finally get more advance mods out of it. And everyone could be happy. And...the VCPD are an interesting case of being honestly one of the weirdly both accurate and semi inaccurate departments in GTA History. On one hand, in game, they're solid. Their officers look good, they have solid equipment, and they represent the 80s pretty well. On the flip side, they Vice Squad is cool...but the fact they come after you without you committing Vice related crimes is odd. It's like sending out NOOSE for a normal vehicle chase, they're meant to fight what are essentially terrorists. Vice is supposed to conduct drug busts and solicitation stings. And while Tommy does indeed run drugs, it seems odd they show up before he ever actually is IDed as a dealer or buyer, and only ever to assist in vehicle pursuits before the FBI and US Army get called in. There's also the fact that, for some reason, the VCPD have clearance to casually walk onto a military base at any time...at least going by the fact Tommy can do what while wearing their uniform. And then there's the whole Good Citizen Bonus and the fact they'll murder security guards who fight back against gang members...but maybe I'm picking too much at game features, rather than actual grievances. ...Hell, weren't the first police department to even have sub-divisions like that? I don't think the LCPD had anything like that in III...they barely had uniforms...but they did have cool lightbars, I'll give them that.

Also also, I figured you weren't American! I was just trying to explain, so that the mistakes that crop up are more understandable! Sorry if I was a little overbearing or anything!

3 hours ago, NTM87 said:

Also also, I figured you weren't American! I was just trying to explain, so that the mistakes that crop up are more understandable! Sorry if I was a little overbearing or anything!

What gave me up? No way in hell that was my weird English :D 

Usually I'm pretty well at it but after work I get too tired and begin composing the sentences the way I do it in Russian. So apologies for hurting your eyes :)

On the flip side, they Vice Squad is cool...but the fact they come after you without you committing Vice related crimes is odd. It's like sending out NOOSE for a normal vehicle chase, they're meant to fight what are essentially terrorists. Vice is supposed to conduct drug busts and solicitation stings. And while Tommy does indeed run drugs, it seems odd they show up before he ever actually is IDed as a dealer or buyer, and only ever to assist in vehicle pursuits before the FBI and US Army get called in.

Yeah, but IMO that's just a nod to Miami Vice series. Realistically speaking, the only thing actual vice cops would do is drug/vice cases, not firefights at three stars, so... 

...Technically, this actually is the truth, the in-game FIB SWAT are just a version of the NOOSE ped, but at least they have different decals...in some missions. There are a lot of errors in terms of officer and law enforcement equipment placement in vanilla GTA V.

One thing no one still brought up are actual SWAT/NOOSE units in GTA V. I mean, let's see. We have a Noose Riot (bearing BOTH Noose and LSPD decals but whatever), so you'd think they would use an armored truck capable of transporting 6 officers for shutting down streets and reaching holed up shooters? No, we will deploy a spike strip and post one cop near the Riot because we can. 

And we will dispatch SWAT/Noose/Whatever this is in SUVs hanging from the sides so they could fall down at the first slight touch. To make it even better, we'd dispatch them in FIB and LSSD SUVs because why not. And we would add an LSPD van armored to the teeth precisely for no reason (except being near spikes). 

Honestly, when I first tried to screw with the cops in GTA IV, I found it entertaining enough. Cops, Noose PIA. Noose Stockades, and finally FIB. In GTA V... LSPD/LSSD, Noose in Grangers, aaaand... More Noose in Grangers? Really? 

PS: Hope admins don't mind us having this discussion here)

Edited by Hastings