So there it is. The United Kingdom voted to leave the European Union. David Cameron promised to step down as a prime minister. Pro-leave side wants a government formed with pro-leave camp supporters. Stock exchange places are going down in fire and flames. Up to -10% in some of them just for this morning.

I'm not from UK, so can't speak for them, but I'll still congratulate them to give the middle-finger to the European institutions. The EU, as it is, can't get any better, and will keep going downhill. I think they were right to refuse the dictat of Brussels, where all laws are decided by people we mainly didn't vote for. I think it's time to rebuild the European Union to still have a free market area, but with the sovereignty of the countries intact, so they don't have to forcefully apply laws that come from Brussels without having the right to say anything, like the Labour Law they want to pass on us.

Let's see how things will go. We'll surely live interesting times in the near future.

To be honest, it's unclear what the country will get out of this and things won't change for another 2 years. I'm 16, and there were arguements that suggested we should be able to vote as it is our future. The Governemnt can over rule the decision, but it would be deemed suicide. It will be intersting to see if the Queen has anything to say. 

I spend my working life pretending to be someone else...

Oh eh that was unexpected. I honestly thought that Hystery would condemn Brexit as a conservative proposition.

But I can certainly share his opinion that we live in interesting time.

I just hope it won't end up in a massive war clusterfuck involving this time truly the whole world.

War is coming. Europe has been in peace for too long, and the temperature is rising. The only question is who will start it and with whom.

As for the Brexit, on one hand I congratulate Brits on leaving the EU, but I feel that it would be better with them staying and EU reforming, from the massive, bureucratic, anti-democratic monster to an economical union, but that might as well not happen. Aside from that, I can't help but feel sorry for my countrymen in UK, but nothing can be done now. We will see how it looks like in two years.

5 minutes ago, Yard1 said:

As for the Brexit, on one hand I congratulate Brits on leaving the EU

Well, it's actually a good amount of time before that actually happens. They might even forfeit that decision, depends on many things.

I agree with you. A good strong economic union for the European countries is a good thing (like ECSC was a long time ago).

As for the war at least Russians, had our fair share of conquering Crimea and I truly hope that's enough for our leaders. I really don't appreciate the idea of dying in frontline in an atomic strike for ideas I don't share and understand.

I wouldn't mind so much if the decision to leave the European Union came from well planned exit strategies and factual information. I respect those who had genuine good hearted reasons for voting leave. But sadly the majority more than likely voted for the wrong reasons, the lies spewed out by the leave campaign or the volcano effect the media has had in spreading hatred with regards to immigration.

We haven't taken back power, we've only proven to the world just how divided a nation we are. Rather than fighting for what we believe is right, we've blamed someone else for our problems and cast them onto someone else. It's saddening to see this happening. I don't hold much hope for the country right now.

GTA V Mods: [WIP] More Control V [WIP] CalloutsV [WIP] LSPDFR Chroma
GTA IV Mods: [REL] Callouts+

49 minutes ago, Yard1 said:

War is coming. Europe has been in peace for too long, and the temperature is rising. The only question is who will start it and with whom.

This is the unfortunate truth. I believe World War III will start sometime in the next few years. As the OP said, I congratulate the UK on giving the EU the big ol' middle finger.

Join Blue Line Gaming Today! Accepting Applications for Law Enforcement, Fire & Rescue, Dispatch and Civilian. More information here.

DO NOT CONTACT ME FOR SUPPORT! THAT IS WHAT THE FORUMS ARE FOR!
DO NOT CONTACT ME FOR PERMISSIONS ON UNLOCKED PARTS OF MINE THAT YOU SHOULDN'T EVEN HAVE! YOU WILL BE TOLD NO!
DO NOT CONTACT ME FOR UNLOCKED PARTS UNLESS YOU WANT TO TRADE!

Hopefully France joins us and leaves to gain their sovereignty back. The EU has gotten out of hand and has essentially become a "semi-devolved Dictatorship" (I came up with that term :D)

As Vladimir Putin just said in regards to Brexit  “I think it’s comprehensible why this happened: first, no one wants to feed and subsidize poorer economies, to support other states, support entire nations”

its time we became independent nations who are friends and not economically tied to one another.

People fearmongering economic crisis is just silly. 

Firstly Weak pound=Strong Exports 

Secondly the Bank of England has implemented its stringency plans. As well as tested the economies performance and said it will be find

Most of the chaos caused is because nobody expected Brexit, i voted for it and didn't expect a win. Everything will normalise by monday.

Edited by officerAMR

1 hour ago, officerAMR said:

As Vladimir Putin just said in regards to Brexit  “I think it’s comprehensible why this happened: first, no one wants to feed and subsidize poorer economies, to support other states, support entire nations”

The last person you'd want to cite, believe me.

Just now, Hastings said:

The last person you'd want to cite, believe me.

Of course, because Putin is the Boogy man here to steal you babies or something 

1 minute ago, Yard1 said:

Hasting's Russian though, I believe he might have a more hand-on experience when it comes to that stuff.

not really, you dont have to be Russian to be a Putinist. 

2 minutes ago, officerAMR said:

not really, you dont have to be Russian to be a Putinist. 

The other way around. If you're Russian you're much less likely to be one, especially now.

This is wrong topic, of course, but just a small note: a lot of things that Western people think of our president and country are wrong.

4 minutes ago, Hastings said:

The other way around. If you're Russian you're much less likely to be one, especially now.

This is wrong topic, of course, but just a small note: a lot of things that Western people think of our president and country are wrong.

Why would you say that? What do you think Putin did wrong in recent years?

Of course, the West needs to say bad things about Russia to justify NATO's existence 

On topic Mr Junker seems very salty 

Edited by officerAMR

This whole Referendum has been a joke, let's be real. Neither sides have failed to provide sufficient information on which option would be better, they have both failed the British people. On one hand we can remain in the European Union and allow people we didn't elect tell us how to run our own country, which also is really healthy for businesses and trading. I recall reading a while back, during this whole referendum, that the European Union said that all countries not using Euro's would have to adopt it by 2020, even though it's a weaker currency compared to Pound. 

On the other hand, we could Leave, ruin our trading agreements as well as the free travel throughout the European Union, which could turn out anyway at this point, as something like this hasn't happened before. Leaving though, allows the people we elected to make decisions that are in the best interest of the country, and signify what the people want.

Let's be real, we haven't been left with many good options, and that's down to the British Government and the European Union for being stubborn. This whole European Army thing hasn't really helped me in wanting to remain in the European Union, basically giving our gigantic army, and then saying the European Union can bring up areas of conflict that would like to use the EU Army, that's just idiotic and bizarre. 

Why even have signatures-....

'Twas a good move from the British chaps.

I can understand their opinions about it, the EU started out as a project to help secure the economy for industries during the cold war, to be sure they had a stable production in wartime. Now it's just a union that is controlled by politicians you have never heard about that you didn't vote for.

What Europe needs is a trade union with every country existing like sovereign states. Not the current bullshit, where a small elite controls large amounts of unwanted laws, like hunting weapon controls and open borders.

"In a man to man fight, the winner is he who has one more round in his magazine."

-Erwin Rommel

On 6/24/2016 at 6:23 PM, officerAMR said:

Why would you say that? What do you think Putin did wrong in recent years?

Lemme see. Well, apart from 250% inflation of national currency (a direct result of Crimea crisis), food import embargo (forcing us buy locally produced food which is two-three times more expensive), disbanding the investigative division of prosecution (making investigators and prosecutors fight each other instead of working together), cutting down public sector spending (40% layoffs in police, emergency and medicine, while a court clerk earns 100 USD per month), giving enormous donations to Muslim leaders and Northern Caucasus region to keep them loyal (and prosecuting those who express dislike towards that and Chechnya under hate speech laws), and making people hate the West while buying houses and sending  kids in the US and Europe... Probably nothing worth mentioning.

If you want to discuss anything, you're free to PM me.

Sorry everyone, last reply from me on that topic.

Edited by Hastings
My english sucked more than usual

2 minutes ago, Ben said:

This whole Referendum has been a joke, let's be real. Neither sides have failed to provide sufficient information on which option would be better, they have both failed the British people. On one hand we can remain in the European Union and allow people we didn't elect tell us how to run our own country, which also is really healthy for businesses and trading. I recall reading a while back, during this whole referendum, that the European Union said that all countries not using Euro's would have to adopt it by 2020, even though it's a weaker currency compared to Pound. 

On the other hand, we could Leave, ruin our trading agreements as well as the free travel throughout the European Union, which could turn out anyway at this point, as something like this hasn't happened before. Leaving though, allows the people we elected to make decisions that are in the best interest of the country, and signify what the people want.

Let's be real, we haven't been left with many good options, and that's down to the British Government and the European Union for being stubborn. This whole European Army thing hasn't really helped me in wanting to remain in the European Union, basically giving our gigantic army, and then saying the European Union can bring up areas of conflict that would like to use the EU Army, that's just idiotic and bizarre. 

It was a total farce tbh. I don't think many people really understood what they were voting for. I've been following UKIP and its anti-EU stance for about 2 years now and i voted really to start the end of the EU's dictatorship in its entirety. The EU to me seems like a project that gotten out of hand and has really turned into the EUSSR where all nations have to conform to the head nation, a lot like the Soviet Union.

I dont know about you but i feel as if at least 75% of the leave camp were people who only voted with regards to immigration and only immigration which i wouldn't regard as a true valid reason to vote.

Johnathan Pie summed it up pretty well 

Still we got some good things from it and I can safily say with joy that the EU's days are numbered. Europe will return to a nation of friendly neighbours without any economic and politcal ties to each other as it should be.

And we got some additional bonus'

>David Cameron Stepped down 

>Junker ran out of the room like a diva throwing a strop

>Tusk is lost for words

>The rest of Europe wants out 

I think immigration is a plausible reason to vote against the European Union. It's not because immigrants are bad and all, it's because we are in the European Union which basically means we are required to let them come in to the country, and we are a small enough country as it is, with not enough jobs, not enough money and yet we aren't allowed to slim down the amount of people that come to this country, or get the ones who have skills that can contribute to this country.

Instead we get stuck with thousands of people travelling across Europe and ending up here in the United Kingdom because English is the language most of them know the basics of, and thus they settle down here. The problem with this is, people are called racists for saying "I'm genuinely scared there won't be many jobs left" and that's just idiotic, its a logical thing to think, and it's arrogant that people are called racist for merely being concerned at the mass-immigration.

Why even have signatures-....

There is still the issue of the so-called "refugees" lining up at Calais the EU is too incompetent to seal its boarders and nobody is sending the migrant boats back. The EU has taken such a weak and slow response to stopping them that i believe is why all of the EU nations now have their own Eurosceptic parties. With us gone that issue will still persist until the EU is totally disbanded and we gain back control of our boarders. The free movement of people is a unbelievably reckless idea. Its allowed rapists, terrorists, pedophiles and general criminals to waltz right into Europe without a single question being asked. 

I would 100% blame the EU for the terror attacks on Paris, it was their fault for not doing more to give its nations the security of its own boarders 

I fear that France will get bitter and send all of the migrants in Calais on our boarder and force us to take them 

Kinda sidetracking but still relevant. 

Another thing i cant understand is why people are upset we got our freedom back? I get Big businesses upset. but the average joe i cant comprehend. They're making it seem the end of the world is happening because Britain has control and democracy worked 

33 minutes ago, KarlsK said:

'Twas a good move from the British chaps.

I can understand their opinions about it, the EU started out as a project to help secure the economy for industries during the cold war, to be sure they had a stable production in wartime. Now it's just a union that is controlled by politicians you have never heard about that you didn't vote for.

What Europe needs is a trade union with every country existing like sovereign states. Not the current bullshit, where a small elite controls large amounts of unwanted laws, like hunting weapon controls and open borders.

This^ 

We need a collective Trade agreement not a new Union of nations that have become vassals of the US 

8 minutes ago, officerAMR said:

We need a collective Trade agreement not a new Union of nations that have become vassals of the US 

This.

And I'm American.

Member since MAY 2012. "That has gotta mean something right?"

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: https://goo.gl/xMXuBf

1 hour ago, officerAMR said:

Another thing i cant understand is why people are upset we got our freedom back? I get Big businesses upset. but the average joe i cant comprehend. They're making it seem the end of the world is happening because Britain has control and democracy worked 

This^ 

I see many reasons for concern. Great Britain could very well find itself in even less control of event that impact the lives of its population. The country faces a monumental task of reviewing and renegotiating treaties with the remaining EU, who could very well be resentful at what they see as abandonment. There is already talk by some in Brussels of making sure the UK pays a heavy cost for exiting. Businesses may also seek to punish Great Britain for what they see as encouraging a weaker market. This could mean more jobs to other European countries. And don't get me started if leaving the EU becomes a trend. Inevitable or not, a great burden will be placed on at the feet at the first country to leave, particularly given how important she was to begin with.

Mind you, I'm not a fan of the European Union. And I think a lot is still speculation. However, from the US, I think Great Britain has chosen a very difficult course that will require tremendous leadership and goodwill.

I personally would like to see the focus return to internationalism, rather than nationalism. I don't believe Great Britain has abandoned core values and principles that rise to its decision to join the EU in the first. Those should survive and be the roadmap for the way forward.

I also personally need to keep reminding myself this is about the UK and not the US election. I have very little confidence in my own government. And the presidential election isn't helping. One reason I initially gasp when the UK election was announced is because Donald Trump supported leave.

ASUS Z97-DELUXE, LGA1150 Motherboard, i7-4790K Quad-Core 4 - 4.4GHz, Cosair 16GB (2 x 8GB) Vengeance Pro Red DDR3, GeForce GTX 980, Micron 256GB M600 SSD (Primary), 3TB Barracuda (Secondary), Corsair hx750 Power Supply