Jump to content
sloosecannon

Project P25: Your dispatch audio - digitized

Recommended Posts

Hey guys - so I'm going to be starting my first ever mod here...

I'm going to retrofit the entire "PoliceScanner" audio folder in P25 Digital

And of course the best way to do that.... is to pipe it through an actual radio :)

 

Here's the setup I will be using: Two E.F. Johnson 5100 handhelds on a simplex channel - one will be transmitting the raw audio, the other will be recieving it and piping it back into the computer

IMG_20160610_025115.jpg

 

I've attached a demo to this post - Hope you guys like it!

 

ATTENTION_ALL_UNITS_01.wav

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

oooh ive got couple motorola digital radios in my office, that have simplex channels. think they are locked by our radio maintainer though. just a line in audo connection would do it? or are you talking connection via a usb connector cable?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Donnzy said:

oooh ive got couple motorola digital radios in my office, that have simplex channels. think they are locked by our radio maintainer though. just a line in audo connection would do it? or are you talking connection via a usb connector cable?

Well I'm actually just using a line out via the mic. The input is being handled by my speakers into the transmit radio.

Most (all?) of the Motorola shoulder mics have a 3.5mm jack that can be used by a line-in on the computer

Here is that part of the setup:

IMG_20160610_130702.jpg

Edited by sloosecannon
Add picture

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ah mint, hopefully the simplex ones aint getting used tonight so i can try some stuff out. would like to re record them but my country styles

thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You're going to encode all of the audio? Or just the audio used by popular mods? It's going to be a lot of work to do all of them, and a lot of mod authors rename the various files as needed. You might want to talk to @coastiestevie, he's been working on a similar project. 


[WIP | Beta] Coastal Callouts: Upcoming action-packed mod with new vehicles, maps, capabilities, and callouts in and around the waters of Los Santos

[REL] Police Tape: Make your scenes more realistic while stopping peds and traffic

[REL] Better EMS: Realistic and dynamic EMS response
[REL] Custom Backup: Bringing ultimate customization power to LSPDFR backup!

Join the Parks Benefactor Program to support my work and get early beta access!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, PNWParksFan said:

You're going to encode all of the audio? Or just the audio used by popular mods? It's going to be a lot of work to do all of them, and a lot of mod authors rename the various files as needed. You might want to talk to @coastiestevie, he's been working on a similar project. 

Yeah I'm just gonna do the more popular stuff and probably mods at request. Obviously vanilla LSPDFR too...

 

I'm not sure how I want to handle the paging MDC-like tones you get when dispatch keys up. Realistically, those shouldn't happen on P25

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Development Update:

I've gotten down the perfect settings for my conversion - I'm in the process of it now. I've found just the right level so it sounds about the same loudness-wise without losing the P25 digital-nes!

I'm planning on adding a few background sounds and maybe a little echo (how many times have you heard an officer key up and get loads of feedback cause he's right next to his mobile :) - It happens all the time here)

 

I'm thinking I'll leave the dispatch MDC tones in, unless they sound really terrible. My "canon" reasoning will be that the system is in the process of switching to P25 on an old analog system and some parts of the system are still using old Motorola HT-1000s or something :)

Here's an example of the new settings - I think it sounds pretty nice :)

 

 

 

ATTENTION_ALL_SWAT_UNITS_02.wav

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, BLS501 said:

Awesome Idea! I've thought about doing this with DMR/TRBO but didn't know what kind of process I'd have to go through, to even try to get it to work... Those p25 handhelds are nice by the way... It makes me really miss my xts5000's I had lol. 

Yeah I'm enjoying working on it (it's a slow process though, and I've been super busy with other stuff too) - It takes a bit of work to get it right. I probably don't have the best equipment for it either :)

I do like the EFJs - I collect radios so these came straight from eBay :) - I've got quite a collection of them that I use for ham radio and CAP stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, sloosecannon said:

Yeah I'm enjoying working on it (it's a slow process though, and I've been super busy with other stuff too) - It takes a bit of work to get it right. I probably don't have the best equipment for it either :)

I do like the EFJs - I collect radios so these came straight from eBay :) - I've got quite a collection of them that I use for ham radio and CAP stuff.

Nice to see a fellow collector in the LCPDFR community! haha. If ya need any help with anything, let me know, and if I can help, I'll help. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BLS501 said:

Nice to see a fellow collector in the LCPDFR community! haha. If ya need any help with anything, let me know, and if I can help, I'll help. 

Alrighty, I'll keep that in mind!

I've been working on a bit of reskinning too - reskin the crappy-looking radios ingame into something better looking (the EFJ 5100s are easiest for me for obvious reasons). It's nowhere near release quality yet, but that's something I might release later down the road. It's easier with the EFJ radios cause they fit the form factor - to get an actual Motorola radio you'd probably have to remodel the radio, which is something I have no experience with at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...