Hey everyone! 

I have decided I want to build a new computer and I thought I would get some ideas from the community. I want a computer that will be able to hold up for years to come. I have around $1300 to spend and have decided I want a GTX 980 ti in it so when listing possible builds please be sure to have the GPU as a 980 ti. I need your help guys. What parts? :D

Why go for a 980Ti? Why not wait until the new cards release (which is soon)

Unless stated in an official capacity, My responses are my personal views and do no represent that of G17 Media or their affiliates!

If you want to me reply as soon as possible, then either quote or @CouthInk4  me as i'll be notified, a general reply will not notify me

Check out my YouTube channel!https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXj0EXXJfERhPJTROHY6Ma

Untitled.png

19 minutes ago, Virzza said:

How much is it supposed to be?

Cheaper than or equal to a 980 from what i've seen around online, but of course that doesn't represent the actual company's price, I'd wait until they release though, as the others have said, As you could get something that is supposedly better than 980 SLI, For the same price.

That video card is 660 dollars, when you could get a 1070 (they release June 10th) for about 380. It's most likely more powerful as its close counterpart the 1080 has greater power than SLI 980Ti's, at half the cost. 

I'll be building a new PC soon too, and will definitely have a 1080, so it may be something to consider.

I would wait for the MSI 1070 the stock ones look really ugly looking the 980 ti handles everything so getting a 1070 would be your best bet plus cheaper as well so you can add that extra cash to something else :)

2 hours ago, forsakenbacon17 said:

That video card is 660 dollars, when you could get a 1070 (they release June 10th) for about 380. It's most likely more powerful as its close counterpart the 1080 has greater power than SLI 980Ti's, at half the cost. 

I'll be building a new PC soon too, and will definitely have a 1080, so it may be something to consider.

Parents for you dude.

Am on the same boat i need all new part's CPU, GPU, motherboard a new case also ram cards i do want to get the 1080 myself but for my use i think its to much overpowered i rather get the 1070.

Edited by CODEX12

Are you interested in CPU overclocking? A 4790K is meant to be overclocked but you have no CPU cooler which is pretty much required for overclocking... If your not, get something like a i5-4690 w/ a intel H97 mobo or the Skylake equivalent and use your extra cash to get a HDD/SSD combo with a 128/250 gb SSD, which will take your pc's performance to the next level compared to using a i5 instead of a i7.

the gtx 1080 will be released on may 27,2016 with the 1070 edition following right behind on june 10th so buying any gpu right now would be stupid considering the 1080 is twice the power of a titan x for only 599 so waiting is the key https://blogs.nvidia.com/blog/2016/05/06/geforce-gtx-1080/

Edited by SoUThPHiLLY20

Make sure you dont buy a setup just for GTA V, even though it may be the only game you play now, you might buy another game down the road. Do the best parts you can for your budget. :) 

Hope that helps

-Dogshoe13