Thero

Vehicle Modeling Help Needed for lightbar

First off thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

I'm having two problems with a vehicle model that I just templated over to a police vehicle. 1. Is that it is template and it shows up fine in the game however in order for me to get it to show up correctly I have to change the color of the vehicle in the color menu to white for both primary and secondary. Do I need to simply just delete the old paint material that use to be associated to the old paint job for it to work? Question 2. I'm having a problem with this lightbar that I have downloaded. I'm not sure what is causing the issue. Before in Zmodeler 2 with GTA 4 cars I would just assume that something wasn't not moved all together with the object and that is why some of it is in place and the rest isn't. How would I go about fixing this so it works correctly?

One last thing that I'm hoping is an easy fix but I'm trying to get the rambar to be a vehicle component instead of something constantly attached to the vehicle to give myself the option to turn it off in game if I don't want it. I have it in the hierarchy as misc_d. Do I need to simply rename it to something else for it to do this and if so what is it? Extra5 or something?

I've attached two photos of the hierarchy in case maybe I have misplaced something in the wrong spot and also a video to show exactly the two problems I'm facing.

Thanks again,

Alex

Edited by Thero

for the lightbar, it basically all comes down to placement of your siren dummies ive spent the last 2 weeks trying to figure out converting and finally cracked it at like 0500 yesterday, you will spend alot of time trying to get the correct placement of everything, god how many times i exported and saved loaded game only to be disappointed

I had the same issue see below

Thank you for narrowing my search down as to what could be causing the problem.

Its weird I thought it was something to do using police3 instead of police because I tested a CVPI out to get the hang of GTA 5 modeling on police1 and it seemed to work right. I'll give this a shot and see if I get lucky with it.

Thanks again for the info.

Also regarding the rambar I figured it out last night. I had renamed it to extra_11 and this solved the problem so now my units will show up with rambars and/or no rambars too.

Just need to figure out the template problem and that's it. I saw the Silverado Model on here use to have this problem but it doesn't anymore so I'm wondering what he had to do to fix it.

Well I rebuilt the vehicle to give it a shot and it didn't work.

Figured I've give my idea a shot and IT WORKED!

For those having this problem too it was because I was using police3 slot instead of the designated spot for the lightbar which was police. So what I did was I changed the carvariation for police3 with police and it worked. This also fixed my issue with the skin not showing up properly.

Thanks again for the help.

Video of the fixed model now:

Edited by Thero

On 4/22/2016 at 1:59 AM, Thero said:

Also regarding the rambar I figured it out last night. I had renamed it to extra_11 and this solved the problem so now my units will show up with rambars and/or no rambars too.

So for any part to be optional all I have to do is name it "extra_11"? 

(I tried adding a rambar but my car wheels messed up and it would go through objects, I guess the going through objects is because it requires a COL file? idk)

My Uploads | Current Lineup 

0.9.6 cover.png

Found my response useful? You can thank me buy Liking it :)

If your moving the whole model and its seperating, turn off "affect children" for the move menu.

If you want something to be an extra. Name it "extra_2" without the quotations, I would recommend starting at 2 and going up since naming it extra_1 don't really work all the time.