forsakenbacon17

Ambient Traffic Stops + Radio Chatter

so in real life whenever an officer takes a traffic stop they will call it out over the radio to dispatch and other units. I think it would be neat to hear this. We already have audio for all or most of the street names, all we would need is something like "This is Unit "x" I'm at "x" street with a Traffic stop." Then, if you wanted you could roll over to that location and there would be a traffic stop going on there. Then you could park up and it would out just like @Albo1125 's Traffic Stop Backup, with dialouge, different outcomes and such that this callout already features. Let me know what you guys think about this idea!

On 4/19/2016 at 3:31 PM, forsakenbacon17 said:

"This is Unit "x" I'm at "x" street with a Traffic stop."

Usually dispatch is the one with the "advanced" dialogue that calls out street names. I've also never heard a cop pedestrian say the words "traffic stop" over the radio, but I only beat the game once, so maybe I'm wrong and I haven't played it enough. This scenario is certainly a consideration (as it was a reality in LCPDFR, it just never came to full fruition in my view), but at least in the earliest stages of its implementation, any "advanced" dialogue will probably start out as text.

14 minutes ago, unr3al said:

Usually dispatch is the one with the "advanced" dialogue that calls out street names. I've also never heard a cop pedestrian say the words "traffic stop" over the radio, but I only beat the game once, so maybe I'm wrong and I haven't played it enough. This scenario is certainly a consideration (as it was a reality in LCPDFR, it just never came to full fruition in my view), but at least in the earliest stages of its implementation, any "advanced" dialogue will probably start out as text.

Of course, that was just an example of what could be said. It could really be any  combination  of "I have  a vehicle pulled over" or "I'm out with a traffic violation," really whatever is availible

1 hour ago, forsakenbacon17 said:

Of course, that was just an example of what could be said. It could really be any  combination  of "I have  a vehicle pulled over" or "I'm out with a traffic violation," really whatever is availible

Well that's the problem. I don't believe any dialogue of that sort exists in the game, because that event doesn't exist in the game. While driving around listening to the radio chatter, you'll hear dispatch say "officer has been shot" or "505" or "503", and of course when backup is called manually, generic police responses like "We're at the coffee shop around the corner!" exist, but that's all I've ever heard. Now, I haven't dove into the audio files searching for each and every little trace of police pedestrian sound files, but none of this stuff existed in GTA IV, nor do I expect it to in GTA V. This would mean that these things would either need to be done with no notification at all, a blip on the mini map and a generic PA shout (a'la LCPDFR's ambient traffic stops), text notification, or existing sound files being re-recorded to house new dialogue from amateur voice actors with negligible quality, or completely new sound files being inserted into the game, or called on from an outside source the way 'Police Mod' did with its radio chatter by dumping a bunch of sound files into the GTA V root folder.

6 hours ago, unr3al said:

Well that's the problem. I don't believe any dialogue of that sort exists in the game, because that event doesn't exist in the game. While driving around listening to the radio chatter, you'll hear dispatch say "officer has been shot" or "505" or "503", and of course when backup is called manually, generic police responses like "We're at the coffee shop around the corner!" exist, but that's all I've ever heard. Now, I haven't dove into the audio files searching for each and every little trace of police pedestrian sound files, but none of this stuff existed in GTA IV, nor do I expect it to in GTA V. This would mean that these things would either need to be done with no notification at all, a blip on the mini map and a generic PA shout (a'la LCPDFR's ambient traffic stops), text notification, or existing sound files being re-recorded to house new dialogue from amateur voice actors with negligible quality, or completely new sound files being inserted into the game, or called on from an outside source the way 'Police Mod' did with its radio chatter by dumping a bunch of sound files into the GTA V root folder.

I'm sure it wouldnt be hard to get polics scanner audio of a traffic stop, maybe it could work how Police Mod did? Just dumping it in? Other than the audio for traffic stop, we have street names audio, is it possible for a traffic stop to spawn at a location, a street corner or just on the side of the street, and Dispatch call out those streets? Or it could just say "Traffic Stop (or whatever audio) in Vinewood" and then provide a little blip maybe?

7 hours ago, unr3al said:

I can confirm traffic related audio files do exist (think of my ANPR hit's 'Traffic Alert') and that there are various ones that could be used for something like this (e.g. the available 'Traffic Violation', 'Traffic Felony' etc.). I can simply cut & paste together audio files containing 'Traffic' and 'Stop' like I've done for various of my currently released modifications to create this.

As ambient traffic stops very likely are not high on the LSPDFR devs' development list I'll probably add a nice implementation of this into Traffic Policer in due course :smile:

Edited by Albo1125

My YouTube: Click here. 

My Discord Server - https://discord.gg/0taiZvBSiw5qGAXU

Useful post? Let me and others know by clicking the Like button.
Check out my many script modifications! 
Having issues? LSPDFR Troubleshooter by Albo1125.

15 hours ago, Albo1125 said:

As ambient traffic stops very likely are not high on the LSPDFR devs' development list I'll probably add a nice implementation of this into Traffic Policer in due course :smile:

I can't tell you anything specific, but as I've said in other topics: Bringing everything back from LCPDFR is a major priority for LSPDFR, and ambient traffic stops was one of those things, so our work with the mod certainly isn't done. I  have no deadlines for you though, nor do developers at this time. G17 takes the "It's done when it's done" approach. Glad to hear you'd like to add this to your mod, which I think is the right thing to do to ensure quality control. I'd like to see how it turns out.

Announcing traffic stop

Sounds like a vocal dispatch addon E.G "Dispatch I'm 10-? on a black caprice in Vinewood" Dispatch then would respond roger that. "Dispatch roll me an additional unit" which is already implemented. I just think the Vocal Dispatch could do with more roleplay phrases. 

After declaring a traffic stop you can then use vocal dispatch E.G "shots fired" "dispatch show me code 4". Think ideally in means of roleplaying Vocal Dispatch could do this for you.

Menu 

Police Radio could also add a button on the radio to announce a traffic stop that results in dispatch replying, a simple pop up asking if you're OK once in a while if not they role additional units  to your location as announced prior stopping.

I would just love a interaction menu for dispatch, that plays all these files at any time. 

Edited by IckleKI