3 hours ago, BostonSwat15 said:

@PNWParksFan When will the cutter come out ? 

As always, there's no point speculating over release dates. Especially with vehicle models, as other people are helping with those and I don't know their exact schedules. There's a lot of work left to do with the model, and also with the script to support it. 

[WIP | Beta] Coastal Callouts: Upcoming action-packed mod with new vehicles, maps, capabilities, and callouts in and around the waters of Los Santos

[REL] Police Tape: Make your scenes more realistic while stopping peds and traffic

[REL] Better EMS: Realistic and dynamic EMS response
[REL] Custom Backup: Bringing ultimate customization power to LSPDFR backup!

Join the Parks Benefactor Program to support my work and get early beta access!

Just made a bunch of improvements to the boat pursuit AI. Previously I had a problem where fleeing boats would end up stuck going in circles, with police boats following them in circles, and it all got quite ridiculous and unrealistic. With the new pursuit AI I have developed, the fleeing boats will now take off in a much more realistic fashion. I've also worked a lot on the pursuit AI from the police side the past couple days, as well as the copilot pursuit AI. In short, pursuits are much more realistic and fun now! You can successfully terminate a pursuit now entirely from a helicopter by shooting out the boat's engines and/or shouting commands over the loudspeaker. If the suspect complies, any police boat in pursuit may approach to apprehend the suspect, without you ever having to leave your helicopter. Pursuits can also be conducted from a boat, in which case you can make the arrest if you are near enough to beat the AI to it!

20170407003342_1_E.thumb.jpg.8bb10a092f96c2714ead08977e76ea66.jpg

[WIP | Beta] Coastal Callouts: Upcoming action-packed mod with new vehicles, maps, capabilities, and callouts in and around the waters of Los Santos

[REL] Police Tape: Make your scenes more realistic while stopping peds and traffic

Today's success: got a throwable life preserver ring working! Still in early testing, and I still need to add the capability to actually detect peds nearby and attach them to it. But I think it looks pretty legit! Thanks to skylinegtrfreak for help figuring out the collisions on the add-on prop and to khorio for reminding me how to dynamically adjust the buoyancy of a spawned prop. 

lifepreserver.thumb.png.0098a4db42f71c7420afa65e33843802.png

8 hours ago, PNWParksFan said:

Today's success: got a throwable life preserver ring working! Still in early testing, and I still need to add the capability to actually detect peds nearby and attach them to it. But I think it looks pretty legit! Thanks to skylinegtrfreak for help figuring out the collisions on the add-on prop and to khorio for reminding me how to dynamically adjust the buoyancy of a spawned prop. 

lifepreserver.thumb.png.0098a4db42f71c7420afa65e33843802.png

Looks great! You might want to add some rope functionality to drag the ring with the victim. RPH doesn't have Rope class, but I can definitely help you with that! I have som ropes working on the fire Hose in LSRD.

Just now, Fenix2525WOT said:

Looks great! You might want to add some rope functionality to drag the ring with the victim. RPH doesn't have Rope class, but I can definitely help you with that! I have som ropes working on the fire Hose in LSRD.

As you can see from my helicopter hoist features and boat towing features, I have ropes well figured out already and have an RPH wrapper class for it. I'm already planning to add the ability to pull it back in with a rope, as well as to make it so AI peds on your boat can also throw the ring. It'll also detect peds near the ring, have them swim closer to it if they're nearby, then attach them to it so they can be dragged back in. All still in development of course, but that's the plan!

Coastal Callouts Live Stream with Onyx starting in 15 minutes! 

Still working on the life preserver. Everything works, just a matter of tidying up the code and figuring out what kind of controls make sense for using it in the plugin. Good progress though! 

Per request, I improved the self-righting boats feature too: 

Finally got the life ring all integrated with the mod, and fixed some bugs with it. Makes ocean rescue callouts done from a boat a lot more legit, as now you don't even have to go in the water to rescue most peds! 

Spent some time on the Motor Life Boat model last night getting the emergency light to look more realistic. Now the rotator has an emissive texture on it, so the rotating light actually lights up! Looks a lot more legit than it used to, that's for sure.

17 minutes ago, bartofzo said:

@PNWParksFan Maybe this is a stupid question, but do you have any templates available for the boats included in this mod? I would like to make some skins before the release! :D

I will make templates available once the models are complete. All of the boat models are still being worked on and are subject to change.

I thought of some cool possible calls while on patrol. 

1. Medevac of injured fisherman or fisherman fell off boat and the boat has lost him.

2. Raton canyon rapid river rescue of kayakers

3.  Person fell ill on cruise ship maybe?

4. Ship taking on water and you need to deliver a pump so they can get the water out.

5. Boats engine stopped and needs some repair parts to get to port, deliver the parts to them. 

6. Ship ran aground near the coast and you if in helicopter over sea the evacuation of the boat while a ground team retrieves the passengers. Possible injured person from the initial grounding of ship and they need to be taken by heli to hospital or something. If in boat then you take the passengers to shore to waiting first responders. Something along that line.

Hope this helps with some call ideas!

Edited by Sniper296

8 hours ago, Iceman56 said:

I thought of some cool possible calls while on patrol. 

1. Medevac of injured fisherman or fisherman fell off boat and the boat has lost him.

2. Raton canyon rapid river rescue of kayakers

3.  Person fell ill on cruise ship maybe?

4. Ship taking on water and you need to deliver a pump so they can get the water out.

5. Boats engine stopped and needs some repair parts to get to port, deliver the parts to them. 

6. Ship ran aground near the coast and you if in helicopter over sea the evacuation of the boat while a ground team retrieves the passengers. Possible injured person from the initial grounding of ship and they need to be taken by heli to hospital or something. If in boat then you take the passengers to shore to waiting first responders. Something along that line. 

Hope this helps with some call ideas!

8 hours ago, Iceman56 said:

Edited by Iceman56

I don't know if this is possible but maybe to add some more realism to the rescues you can add an option in the helicopter menu to have a realistic helicopter start up that lasts longer then R*s helicopter start up. It's like mission critical to get to the call and to add some more stress to get to the call. I just think the 2 second start up is too fast.

Edited by Iceman56
Forgot something

2 hours ago, michael48 said:

any update on a release date:thumbsup:

Considering that my last post was about how much longer it took to develop a particular feature than expected, I'm going to take a wild guess here and say no, there probably isn't an update on a release date. 

Building editing is a pain... I hate it... but I love the results! Coast Guard Station Paleto Bay is getting closer:

271590_20170425014915_1.thumb.png.65c3ed2a3385479e26d09564a45cbb8c.png

Still left to do: collisions on all the newly added terrain/docks around the building, adding quite a few props and such to make the area a little more interesting, and probably some other stuff I'm forgetting. Core layout of the building/docks is more or less complete. 

271590_20170425015411_1.thumb.png.3d314a491dd347269a55e83622194abe.png

271590_20170425015449_1.thumb.png.f6183411ff5bafa53a0e1f34a1c2eff5.png

loving every update I see just hating that atm I can not afford the parks benefactor program as if I could what with having funded the cad for my roleplay community etc I would really want this to release yesterday the hype is so much now I could just about do anything with the adrenaline rush each time I look at this topic man your work parks is just amazing all I can say don't have the just words to sum it up other than simply amazing work hell the paleto bay coastguard station just became my new home loving that station!!

910CN P.Addison
Frontline Policing
London's Calling RPC