Pipeline

If animations and voice file lines aren't ideal, can't they be replaced?

The topic title may seem vague but I wasn't entirely sure how to word it.

I will attempt to explain. Currently we have two "immersion" issues with GTA V. Issue one is voice lines. Many of the lines we had to pick from in GTA IV don't exist in V, one of the police officer models saying "I pulled you over because you were a danger to yourself and others". 

Issue two is animations. We don't appear to (or have not yet found) a suitable animation for frisking or searching vehicles. 

So, are we able to replace these things? With voice lines, I suppose their entire dialogue set would have to be replaced with some talented voice from the community. So instead of saying things like "Killing makes my d*** hard!" they could instead say... well, something more sensible and reasonable for a NOoSE officer. 

With animations, we could just find some unused or very rarely used animations and replace them with proper frisking and vehicle searching animations, among other things.

Is what I'm talking about even possible? I'm not sure. It's just a suggestion. Please let me know what you think.

1 hour ago, Lundy said:

Sensible and reasonable? San Andreas cops? Hah, like that'll ever happen.

Hey, I can have my own lore, dammit! The police in my version of San Andreas are, like most police officers, not corrupt. They're just uh... not very good drivers. At all. STOP RAMMING ME OFFICER MCKENZIE!

9 hours ago, Pipeline said:

Hey, I can have my own lore, dammit! The police in my version of San Andreas are, like most police officers, not corrupt. They're just uh... not very good drivers. At all. STOP RAMMING ME OFFICER MCKENZIE!

Not lore enough. *slaps*

I wish we could have the options to select the reason why you pulled someone over, like in LCPDFR.

edit: wait what was this thread about?

Edited by fatfluffycat

2 hours ago, fatfluffycat said:

edit: wait what was this thread about?

I... don't remember...

Edited by Pipeline

No I totally understand where you are coming from.  I think it would be great as a selection to even have 3 different types of voices per model of officer as well.  If the community could record a dialogue and send them into the devs they could perhaps (Although tedius) see which voices sound the best and highest quality and perhaps put them in the game.

TLDR:  I JUST WANT TO HEAR "YOU GOT ID ON YOU?"  I do not for the Love of God want to hear Kifflom!!  

Really would love to hear "Show me your ID"  Or "give me your ID" if your forceful etc.   Does this not exist in the game?  If not,  we got to hire Morgan Freeman.  Just sayin.

We can replace sirens, so I can't see any reason we cant replace voice files. The hard part would be finding the right file to replace (though I guess the LSPDFR devs could point their "ask for id" action at any particular GTA sound file, so its more a case of figuring out what is used rarely enough to be replaceable). Unlike the audio files that are packaged with LSPDFR that have nice readable names, the sound files internal to the game have lovely names like "0x0792F0F1.wav". I wonder though if they could do something like is done with dispatch audio, have extra wavs bundled with LSPDFR that are loaded in by their own function - then people could customize their personal installs easily, and we might get some talented voice actors making themed speech packs.

Crap, I forgot about this thread because I don't have it set to automatically follow threads I create.

Anyway, yeah, why hasn't anyone done that if it is possible? I think it'd be good.