Prophet

Check out ELS for V!

6 minutes ago, Officer27 said:

There is one big last question, is ELS based on Rage Plugin Hook or Scripthook? it seems to be very stable which is why im guessing its on scripthook :)

It uses Scripthook apparently, although both hooks are pretty stable. The only downside about RPH is that no multiplayer client supports it.

9 minutes ago, Lt.Caine said:

If that route is opened up, ELS would likely use the siren parts in a way that differs from the base game. Thus vehicle models would still need to be configured specifically for ELS--which should be at least slightly simpler than configuring a model for the default system, which presents its own challenges. However, it's still too early for a definitive answer, unfortunately.

And for those wondering, just as ELS IV, ELS V is being coded using the C++ Scripthook. Therefore, it will be a ".asi" modification requiring ScirptHookV. The reason for this is simple: C++ is the coding language I am familiar with and the other hooks do not support it (in the sense of building a script with it--ELS will run just fine if the other hooks also happen to be installed).

You can use any CLI compliant language in RPH, that includes C++. (Although it's not very well documented)

I have a question: is it going to support networking for third party clients? If so, will some features be limited like in ELS for IV?

Edited by ruslanchik

6 hours ago, Lt.Caine said:

Furthermore, the recent developments regarding default siren ("carcols") configuration have provided a new avenue to explore for ELS. 

just one thing will the environmental lighting for els be able to be controlled in the .ini files for quicker color swap like in els v 8.5? because if so that would greatly aid in the development of els compatible mods for departments requiring a strict lighting setup

also thanks for the hard work dedication and all that you do for the community 

Edited by howellp12

[img]http://www.lcpdfr.com/crimestats/user/49566/sig.jpg[/img]

ELS is not planned to feature any networking or API.

1 hour ago, howellp12 said:

just one thing will the environmental lighting for els be able to be controlled in the .ini files for quicker color swap like in els v 8.5? because if so that would greatly aid in the development of els compatible mods for departments requiring a strict lighting setup

Normally, yes, the environmental lighting should be controlled via the ELS vehicle configuration files (VCFs) for easy access. That's the way it is set up right now with the extras system.

Thanks for the update @Lt.Caine Finally a answer. No need to apologize your the one doing us a favor we in the other hand need to apologize and be more patient on the release :thumbsup: I think i have mentioned it before but is it possible for the traffic to respond to our traffic ad visor that would be cool 

@Lt.Caine Hiya. Thanks for updating all of us so thoroughly. Just curious as to whether the current state of ELS allows emergency lighting to be seen from a distance on vehicles in the same way that the default coronas (I am assuming that's what they're called) do. It would be great if you wouldn't have to worry about realism being compromised due to the lights fading out after stepping away from your vehicle a few feet. 

12 hours ago, Unision said:

@Lt.Caine Hiya. Thanks for updating all of us so thoroughly. Just curious as to whether the current state of ELS allows emergency lighting to be seen from a distance on vehicles in the same way that the default coronas (I am assuming that's what they're called) do. It would be great if you wouldn't have to worry about realism being compromised due to the lights fading out after stepping away from your vehicle a few feet. 

Somebody on the ELS team said something along the lines of "we cant change the loddistances but we are looking into it"... that was a while ago and I'm not sure if I got it completely correct, It may have been changed. I hope this question gets answered because this is something I want to see.

Primary Computer Specs: Alienware 17 R4 with 7th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-7700HQ (Quad-Core, 6MB Cache, up to 3.8GHz w/ Turbo Boost), Windows 10 64-bit, NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1070 with 8GB GDDR5, 32GB DDR4 at 2400MHz (2x16GB) Ram, Killer 1535 802.11ac 2x2 WiFi and Bluetooth 4.1.

Secondary Computer Specs:  Desktop Computer with 5th Generation Intel® Core™ i5-2400 (6M Cache, up to 3.1GHz), Windows 10 64-bit, NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 480 with 1.5GB GDDR5, 8GB DDR3 at 1333MHz (2x4GB) Ram, and I don't remember the rest. 

Follow me on iFunny: Huell

I'm honestly not waiting for this mod much anymore, I've sort of left GTA V already...

Webp.net-resizeimage.jpg.0f9745931d72712d1eea69596ea975fd.jpg

Class 317 pictured at Stratford in 1998, bound for Ilford EMU Depot in Ex-Network South East livery.

I live in the UK. This means I will respond the most from 3-11pm BST/GMT. Do not contact for support here or through Discord.
Discord: generic train man#7633 --------------- Youtube: The Starmix

54 minutes ago, Starmix said:

I'm honestly not waiting for this mod much anymore, I've sort of left GTA V already...

Already? Where'd you move on to may I ask?

SkillfulCorpse

Join my Discord for support! https://discord.gg/dD2fPzA Don't PM me for help.

Train Simulator, believe it or not.

Class 317 pictured at Stratford in 1998, bound for Ilford EMU Depot in Ex-Network South East livery.

I live in the UK. This means I will respond the most from 3-11pm BST/GMT. Do not contact for support here or through Discord.

31 minutes ago, Starmix said:

Train Simulator, believe it or not.

Ahh I thought i'd missed something XD.

I played OMSI the other day for the first time in like 2 years, that was interesting.

SkillfulCorpse

Join my Discord for support! https://discord.gg/dD2fPzA Don't PM me for help.

I'm not convinced, of course I'll come and check it out but I've been really getting into Train Sim.
c176cd9e6b46da80743ef22819fb7019.png

On 8/18/2016 at 5:31 PM, Lt.Caine said:

If that route is opened up, ELS would likely use the siren parts in a way that differs from the base game. Thus vehicle models would still need to be configured specifically for ELS--which should be at least slightly simpler than configuring a model for the default system, which presents its own challenges. However, it's still too early for a definitive answer, unfortunately.

And for those wondering, just as ELS IV, ELS V is being coded using the C++ Scripthook. Therefore, it will be a ".asi" modification requiring ScirptHookV. The reason for this is simple: C++ is the coding language I am familiar with and the other hooks do not support it (in the sense of building a script with it--ELS will run just fine if the other hooks also happen to be installed).

I actually have tons of EVL cars I created myself that also have sirens on them so I can have the extended coronas on the buidings and I could also add in the actual lights but I prefer to just have the default police lights and sirens GTA default on when I am on a traffic stop or rolling code 2 or 3, other than that, it's nice to have the lights flashing but no cars are going cause AI madness if I just have my lights on.I am talking about EVL as if it were ELS just because I believe the systems will work very similarly.

Having ELS +standard lights+wigwags+strobesmod+hazard lights flashing you can be quite the Christmas tree. Plus my Visuallsettings is turned up to an ungodly rate and it works wonders with lightemissives.

Edited by Markadaliah
Because life