Prophet

Check out ELS for V!

I wonder what type of ELS we would get if Lt. Caine and Albo1125 worked together that would be so cool i bet we cant even imagine what it would be like 2 great ones working together  

Edited by winglesschip209

2 hours ago, coastiestevie said:

These developers know what they're doing and I'm sure if we wait just a little bit longer, they will perfect it even better than GTA IV and we will all drop our jaws.

I doubt it since they're taking a year for a simple modification such as this.

7 minutes ago, ruslanchik said:

I doubt it since they're taking a year for a simple modification such as this.

ELS is not a simple modification at all

30 minutes ago, thegreathah said:

ELS is not a simple modification at all

It is.

I'm not into GTA V modding so I don't really know how it works, it's just:

1. Hook directx's present function or some game drawing func from the VMTs of the game (RPH or scripthook probably do all that for you)

2. Detour and draw some ELS menu with a bunch of funcs that already exist

3. Write some logic for the ELS itself.

4. Spend a year making super cool pdfs with detailed instructions and really nice looking graphic

Edited by ruslanchik

5 minutes ago, thegreathah said:

So you are saying you can make extra components work as lights?

Not sure what that is, but I'm fairly sure people have already been able to do it.

6 minutes ago, thegreathah said:

And how to make those lights induce pullovers from ai?

Calling a LSPDFR func, how hard is it?

6 minutes ago, thegreathah said:

And how to make multiple levels of lighting?

Probably, as I said I'm not into GTA V modding.

8 minutes ago, thegreathah said:

Working TAs?

Again, don't even know what that is, sorry.

8 minutes ago, thegreathah said:

Over 100 lighting sequences?

It will probably take me a year, but I wouldn't announce the mod as soon as I started working on it then.

9 minutes ago, thegreathah said:

To make those extras not automatically fix the car?

Not sure what you mean, but sounds something easy.

4 minutes ago, ruslanchik said:

Not sure what that is, but I'm fairly sure people have already been able to do it.

So you have no clue what any of it is and you are still making a judgement that this script is "simple".

The amount of work that has been put into this mod is mind boggling.

9 minutes ago, thegreathah said:

So you have no clue what any of it is and you are still making a judgement that this script is "simple".

The amount of work that has been put into this mod is mind boggling.

Not really, I myself have tried the mod (both DAS and LUM ) and it's nothing that requires years of developement.

And yes, who cares if I know how to write thousands of lines of XML to make different light patterns? Anyone can do that with time. What matters is how the mod is programmed itself.

2 minutes ago, ruslanchik said:

Not really, I myself have tried the mod (both DAS and LUM ) and it's nothing that requires years of developement.

And yes, who cares if I know how to write thousands of lines of XML to make different light patterns? Anyone can do that with time. What matters is how the mod is programmed itself.

These are not simple XML files lol. It's been in development for a year, not multiple and it is one person who is working on it.

2 minutes ago, thegreathah said:

These are not simple XML files lol. It's been in development for a year, not multiple and it is one person who is working on it.

Maybe you're right. I don't know, as I said I'm not into GTA V Modding, or modding in general, I'm into other things, so I don't really care. Just saying my opinion since I have been working and reverse engineering video games for a long time.

Im sorry, but you cannot say that this is a simple mod when you:

1) Dont know what multiple things are.

2) Only give a "Probably" out of you think, not what you know.

3) Dont know much/anything about GTA V modding.

ELS for IV took a while, so you can expect ELS for V to take a similar amount of time.

Please, call me Crazy.

I try to make youtube videos. Check them out here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7rzz2IoI4lW1Bdc70yZEIA

16 minutes ago, GGN Crazy said:

Im sorry, but you cannot say that this is a simple mod when you:

1) Dont know what multiple things are.

Yeah, it would help if you told me exactly what, instead of acronyms.

16 minutes ago, GGN Crazy said:

2) Only give a "Probably" out of you think, not what you know.

Because I don't care and I'm not going to make it, so I can't prove if I can actually do it or not. If I cared about something, I can do it 100%.

17 minutes ago, GGN Crazy said:

3) Dont know much/anything about GTA V modding.

I know way more on fields that require more knowledge than how lights work/how to call functions when you press a key to shine said lights.

18 minutes ago, GGN Crazy said:

ELS for IV took a while, so you can expect ELS for V to take a similar amount of time.

That doesn't really mean anything. Just because it took me a certain time to do something, it's obvious it's gonna take me the time again. If you let someone else do it, maybe it can take different time.

I think instead of arguing the finer points of why ELS V is taking a long time, it's better to link @ruslanchik here, so he can see exactly what Lt.Caine is capable of, and why this is indeed taking as long as it is. I'd also recommend looking at this link, which is a good example of the intense amount of features packed into GTA IV's ELS system. Keep in mind, that you're watching version 8 of the mod, meaning it took up to eight releases on an INCREDIBLY unstable game to get THAT, which effectively revolutionized GTA IV's LCPDFR gameplay. 

Now consider the fact that Lt.Caine has basically said "No, I want the first release of GTA V's ELS to be as good as ELS 8.5 for GTA IV on release, not after several patches," and consider how much work what would take. That's the type of modder you're looking at here, that's his level of dedication and attention to detail. You may not understand modding, as you so claimed, but you should understand the level of detail, power, and quality went into his mods. The same is happening here.

10 minutes ago, Cartres said:

I think instead of arguing the finer points of why ELS V is taking a long time, it's better to link @ruslanchik here, so he can see exactly what Lt.Caine is capable of, and why this is indeed taking as long as it is. I'd also recommend looking at this link, which is a good example of the intense amount of features packed into GTA IV's ELS system. Keep in mind, that you're watching version 8 of the mod, meaning it took up to eight releases on an INCREDIBLY unstable game to get THAT, which effectively revolutionized GTA IV's LCPDFR gameplay. 

Now consider the fact that Lt.Caine has basically said "No, I want the first release of GTA V's ELS to be as good as ELS 8.5 for GTA IV on release, not after several patches," and consider how much work what would take. That's the type of modder you're looking at here, that's his level of dedication and attention to detail. You may not understand modding, as you so claimed, but you should understand the level of detail, power, and quality went into his mods. The same is happening here.

I have used ELS for IV and I am well aware that it took a lot of time to make that a great mod. Although I think he is exaggerating - my point is that if he keeps making people wait that much, people will get bored pretty soon. I'm not saying this for myself, because I have already ELS V and I don't really care, I just try to guess because I used to do this kind of things too. I announced something would come out, people would get very hyped for it, I showed screenshoots etc, then when I realized it was going to take too much time to master, I decided to release everything the way it was, but it was too late, people moved on.

And I'm afraid the same might happen with LUM for V, considering modding for GTA V is already pretty dead.

People would rather use something buggy but earlier, than something perfect but years later.

Edited by ruslanchik

Thank you so much for the update. I think i can speak for others when I say, we truly do appreciate it. Thank you for the work you are putting in, and I (And the community, hopefully :)) cannot wait for the release!

Please, call me Crazy.

I try to make youtube videos. Check them out here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7rzz2IoI4lW1Bdc70yZEIA

What makes no sense to is how you guys are rushing someone to release something that truly doesn't have to do anything for you guys... If he wouldn't have worked on it in the first place you guys wouldn't have shit... You guys are even lucky he told you he was in the process of making it in the first place. Grow up and act like you got some damn sense and stop acting like two-year-olds over a damn video game mod that whoever the maker is, doesn't really have to do for your ungrateful asses!!! You'd really be butthurt if he told y'all to go F yourselves and stopped making it, period. To the maker of ELSV, I apologize for these knuckleheads and take all the time you need to finish your project.