Prophet

Check out ELS for V!

I think I am legitimately starting to be in actual agony from waiting for ELS V. If a gif were to describe my torment, it would be the "Still waiting for ELS V" picture seen earlier in this thread, shaking about violently like that trend of [X Intensifies] gifs a while back. So of course the proper text to put on it would be [Waiting for ELS V Intensifies].

Ah'm orderin' you to STAHP!

2 hours ago, AP3XMonkeyFace said:

Have you got it so you can use the different sirens (like how FBI and AMBULANCE have different sirens than the normal police vehicles)?

You have 4 siren tones available across any ELS enabled vehicles. SIREN 1, SIREN 2, POLICE WARNING and AMBULANCE WARNING ( including air-horn as well ) . Each vehicle will have it's own ELS.INI profile to draw from, and in the profile you can edit the SOUNDS section that allows you to change the IDs of the tones that ELS recognizes. Right now we're limited to a certain pool of sound IDs but Caine is hoping to expand this and use the rest of the siren slots available in GTA V. Right now the soundbank in GTA V is still not fully understood and not many people in the scripting world has decipher it yet. Once it's been fully deciphered, Lt.Caine can gain access to this information that will allow him to design an in-depth sound bank that ELS can draw from.

As for dual siren, yes, we have dual tones.

Edited by GravelRoadCop

1 hour ago, GravelRoadCop said:

You have 4 siren tones available across any ELS enabled vehicles. SIREN 1, SIREN 2, POLICE WARNING and AMBULANCE WARNING ( including air-horn as well ) . Each vehicle will have it's own ELS.INI profile to draw from, and in the profile you can edit the SOUNDS section that allows you to change the IDs of the tones that ELS recognizes. Right now we're limited to a certain pool of sound IDs but Caine is hoping to expand this and use the rest of the siren slots available in GTA V. Right now the soundbank in GTA V is still not fully understood and not many people in the scripting world has decipher it yet. Once it's been fully deciphered, Lt.Caine can gain access to this information that will allow him to design an in-depth sound bank that ELS can draw from.

Why are you such a god? :D

15 minutes ago, GravelRoadCop said:

So police, police 2 and 3 could technically have its own siren?

or is it like the default siren where all the police cars share one siren and the Firetruck and ambulance have their own siren if you so wish to have so?

46 minutes ago, GravelRoadCop said:

Cool cool, thanks for the info.

31 minutes ago, officerAMR said:

So police, police 2 and 3 could technically have its own siren?

or is it like the default siren where all the police cars share one siren and the Firetruck and ambulance have their own siren if you so wish to have so?

I believe he's saying the siren for ELS will be like it was in GTA IV until the Next Gen Siren Bank system can be deciphered.

Will trucks yield for lights and sirens with ELS?

Primary Computer Specs: Alienware 17 R4 with 7th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-7700HQ (Quad-Core, 6MB Cache, up to 3.8GHz w/ Turbo Boost), Windows 10 64-bit, NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1070 with 8GB GDDR5, 32GB DDR4 at 2400MHz (2x16GB) Ram, Killer 1535 802.11ac 2x2 WiFi and Bluetooth 4.1.

Secondary Computer Specs:  Desktop Computer with 5th Generation Intel® Core™ i5-2400 (6M Cache, up to 3.1GHz), Windows 10 64-bit, NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 480 with 1.5GB GDDR5, 8GB DDR3 at 1333MHz (2x4GB) Ram, and I don't remember the rest. 

Follow me on iFunny: Huell

So ive been away from this for a bit but is there any sort of info on how this mod project is doing?

OS: Windows 10, Monitor: Vizio 70" 4k Tv (M-70-C3),  GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-Gaming GT Motherboard, Intel I7-4790k Devil's Canyon Quad-Core CPU @4.0Ghz and 4.4Ghz boost, MSI Limited Golden Gaming Edition GTX 970 4GB Superclocked, 16GB Patriot Viper 3 DDR3 1866 RAM, 3TB Hard Drives, 4 1,800 RPM Thermaltake case fans, 750 Watt Cougar RS power supply.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The next Pearl Harbor that we confront could very well be a cyber-attack. -- Leon Panetta, Former CIA Director, Senate Hearing

14 hours ago, Pandemic4444 said:

So ive been away from this for a bit but is there any sort of info on how this mod project is doing?

A few new videos. Still no release date. Check GravelRoadCop and Prophet's YouTube channels for videos.

I have been hearing about this on Facebook. I think this would be awesome if it gets thought out well. Traffic stops in GTAV are a nightmare in some cases. Scripts like traffic controller help ease the pain! But it would be nice to see Traffic Controller merged with an ELS directional system. Just imagine a Traffic director functioning in the game that the traffic actually reacts with. If I pull a suspect to the right of the curb and put on a left turn directional advising traffic to go around to the left. There would be no pile of traffic behind the car with people cussing you out to move. It would be nice to see them just drive around at a safe distance. If a stop has to be made in the middle of a highway and you can put on both left and right directional arrows to make the traffic divert around you from a middle lane that would be perfect. Another Feature for ELS could be alternate siren tones like picking to hear HI LO, WAIL, and RAPID. At your discretion! We already have the blip which could be also added! I hope LT.Caine has all this in thought already to implement in a GTAV ELS system that would make it a great tool and a must have. 

11 hours ago, Sam316 said:

Another Feature for ELS could be alternate siren tones like picking to hear HI LO, WAIL, and RAPID. At your discretion!

Yeah, this is already a feature, you can activate all siren tones manually with button presses, I'm guessing it'll work like ELS IV and one of the ways to do it will be with 1, 2, 3 and 4 at the top of the keyboard.

9 hours ago, Pipeline said:

Yeah, this is already a feature, you can activate all siren tones manually with button presses, I'm guessing it'll work like ELS IV and one of the ways to do it will be with 1, 2, 3 and 4 at the top of the keyboard.

That's cool, but the major part I am hoping for is actual interaction of the traffic controller lights! That would be a major plus!

I have been hearing about this on Facebook. I think this would be awesome if it gets thought out well. Traffic stops in GTAV are a nightmare in some cases. Scripts like traffic controller help ease the pain! But it would be nice to see Traffic Controller merged with an ELS directional system. Just imagine a Traffic director functioning in the game that the traffic actually reacts with. If I pull a suspect to the right of the curb and put on a left turn directional advising traffic to go around to the left. There would be no pile of traffic behind the car with people cussing you out to move. It would be nice to see them just drive around at a safe distance. If a stop has to be made in the middle of a highway and you can put on both left and right directional arrows to make the traffic divert around you from a middle lane that would be perfect. Another Feature for ELS could be alternate siren tones like picking to hear HI LO, WAIL, and RAPID. At your discretion! We already have the blip which could be also added! I hope LT.Caine has all this in thought already to implement in a GTAV ELS system that would make it a great tool and a must have. 

12 hours ago, Sam316 said:

That's cool, but the major part I am hoping for is actual interaction of the traffic controller lights! That would be a major plus!

Some of the stuff you mentioned in your OP was already displayed and/or featured in ELSIV. I'd recommend checking out ELSIV version 8.5, so you can see the features ELS already had, because it's safe to assume they will be in ELSV. The traffic reacting to your TA seems pretty plausible and would be an awesome addition. 

Edited by McAwesome6934

10 hours ago, Sam316 said:

Uses ALBO's traffic policer mod. You can place roadcones down which the AI will either drive around or stop 

If anyone wants an update, i suppose you could consider this one.. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWb4kI7hv_4

Please, call me Crazy.

I try to make youtube videos. Check them out here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7rzz2IoI4lW1Bdc70yZEIA

31 minutes ago, Slushy said:

Does anyone know if ELS will make larger vehicles, such as trucks and busses, pull to the side of the road?

Been wondering that too.

Primary Computer Specs: Alienware 17 R4 with 7th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-7700HQ (Quad-Core, 6MB Cache, up to 3.8GHz w/ Turbo Boost), Windows 10 64-bit, NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1070 with 8GB GDDR5, 32GB DDR4 at 2400MHz (2x16GB) Ram, Killer 1535 802.11ac 2x2 WiFi and Bluetooth 4.1.

Secondary Computer Specs:  Desktop Computer with 5th Generation Intel® Core™ i5-2400 (6M Cache, up to 3.1GHz), Windows 10 64-bit, NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 480 with 1.5GB GDDR5, 8GB DDR3 at 1333MHz (2x4GB) Ram, and I don't remember the rest. 

Follow me on iFunny: Huell

10 hours ago, Slushy said:

Does anyone know if ELS will make larger vehicles, such as trucks and busses, pull to the side of the road?

I'm pretty sure that earlier in this thread (or maybe a comment by GravelRoadCop on one of the ELS demonstration videos) it was explained that because ELS takes control of drivers ahead of you, as long as you attract their attention any vehicle will pull over, because the driver is being controlled by ELS to not ignore your siren if you're noticeable enough.

1 hour ago, Pipeline said:

I'm pretty sure that earlier in this thread (or maybe a comment by GravelRoadCop on one of the ELS demonstration videos) it was explained that because ELS takes control of drivers ahead of you, as long as you attract their attention any vehicle will pull over, because the driver is being controlled by ELS to not ignore your siren if you're noticeable enough.

I hope so :D Although it wasn't a feature of GTA IV, so I am still wondering. TBH I am no going to look through the full thread, don't have that much time :P

1 minute ago, Slushy said:

I hope so :D Although it wasn't a feature of GTA IV, so I am still wondering. TBH I am no going to look through the full thread, don't have that much time :P

Yeah. I am so goddamn impatient for ELS V anyway. At this point, I would probably pay Lt.Caine at least £50 just to have the development version. Not that I have £50 to spend on anything...

Maybe I could rob a bank...

WHAT IS THE WAIT FOR ELS V DOING TO ME?!