Sonny236

Casual handcuff animation?

Along with an option to arrest people through the ped interaction menu, animations such as the ones below should be used, instead of the whole getting on their knees and all that for such minor offenses. I was unaware these existed, one of the various PoliceMods featured on gta5-mods has such and it looks pretty organized and maybe not as "choppy"

Just take a look.

Hmm...2c944c-2015-08-12_00012.jpg

2c944c-2015-08-12_00001.jpg

Just thought this was interesting.

Edited by Sonny236

I think this is the animation that gets used when Poppy Mitchel gets arrested during the Paparazzo - The Meltdown mission with Franklin: https://youtu.be/1bMhB_Gt9_U?t=2m52s

It is, yes.  As you can probably work out from the trailer/screenshots, this is something that was planned but cut due to time constraints. 

Indeed, interestingly enough, the scene from the second trailer is actually an NPC officer making the arrest.  

"You tell me exactly what you want, and I will very carefully explain to you why it cannot be."

It is, yes.  As you can probably work out from the trailer/screenshots, this is something that was planned but cut due to time constraints. 

Indeed, interestingly enough, the scene from the second trailer is actually an NPC officer making the arrest.  

Well now that you don't have anymore time constraints due to everyone getting the base mod with some great content, perhaps for a future release, an button like Shift-E or Ctrl-E to cycle through what arrest animation, or another type of system. No need to let animations get unused.

"I love you all, and that's why we don't get caught doing naughty things!" - GTA V Heist Dude.

Wouldn't it be best to have the options to put someone in cuffs when they raise their hands stood up, or keep pressing E till they get down on their knees, and arrest them the way it is now? 

you could see it as telling someone to put there hands up, then pushing E again tells them to get on their knees. 

Wouldn't it be best to have the options to put someone in cuffs when they raise their hands stood up, or keep pressing E till they get down on their knees, and arrest them the way it is now? 

you could see it as telling someone to put there hands up, then pushing E again tells them to get on their knees. 

Brilliant. And you would press E close to them to arrest in the state that they were currently in.

What about slowing the animation down a bit? It just seems in game to be a little bit too rapacious and fast. 

[img]http://www.lcpdfr.com/cops/forum/crimestats/user/2378/sig.jpg[/img]

The worst thing right now that breaks me out of immersion in LSPDFR is the fact that I have to pull my gun on a Ped with a suspended license to arrest them.

This is really needed. And it's not only the fact that you have to pull a gun to make the arrest, but the complete chaos that ensues as a result of aiming your firearm when trying to make a casual arrest for something minor. Granted, that is more GTA5 than LSPDFR, but an 'arrest subject' in the interaction menu would go a long way.

Don't worry, it's coming.

You can do this:

Aiming to the suspect + hold E = Drag him on the ground and arrest him like npc's animations arrest.

- Aiming to the suspect + type E, when he is on his knees, type E again to drag him on the ground.

Aiming to the suspect + type E = The actual animation arrest.

E  =  Display interaction menu and choose arrest, like the photos below.

Edited by eldunkito

I'd definitely like to see this implemented, to enhance the future UK Police patrols. (haha! @Lundy!) 

Webp.net-resizeimage.jpg.0f9745931d72712d1eea69596ea975fd.jpg

Class 317 pictured at Stratford in 1998, bound for Ilford EMU Depot in Ex-Network South East livery.

I live in the UK. This means I will respond the most from 3-11pm BST/GMT. Do not contact for support here or through Discord.
Discord: generic train man#7633 --------------- Youtube: The Starmix

Yes, go watch @Double Doppler's IV patrols for a few hours then come back.

Webp.net-resizeimage.jpg.0f9745931d72712d1eea69596ea975fd.jpg

Class 317 pictured at Stratford in 1998, bound for Ilford EMU Depot in Ex-Network South East livery.

I live in the UK. This means I will respond the most from 3-11pm BST/GMT. Do not contact for support here or through Discord.
Discord: generic train man#7633 --------------- Youtube: The Starmix

Along with an option to arrest people through the ped interaction menu, animations such as the ones below should be used, instead of the whole getting on their knees and all that for such minor offenses. I was unaware these existed, one of the various PoliceMods featured on gta5-mods has such and it looks pretty organized and maybe not as "choppy"

Just take a look.

Hmm...2c944c-2015-08-12_00012.jpg

2c944c-2015-08-12_00001.jpg

Just thought this was interesting.

Woah dude..............

I was JUST looking at the gta5 police mod and I came to this forum to suggest this same exact thing. I also had the idea of the Interaction Menu. We can have a page called "Arrest Action" and we can set it from "Casual" to "Felony" or something like that. It's just really weird you asked this and had the same Interaction Menu suggestion, lol!