Albo1125

[REL] Traffic Policer 6.9.1.0 (Speed Checker | Average & Radar |, Breathalyzer |Customisable alcohol limit|, DoorLock, Drugalyzer, Ambient events |Traffic Offences|, Traffic Callouts, Road Signs, Traffic Stop Assist |Mimic| & more)

Version 6.9.0.1 has been released! Get it here: http://www.lcpdfr.com/files/file/8303-beta-traffic-policer-ambient-events-callouts/ 

I feel Traffic Policing has always been a bit underwhelming in the First Response series and I hope to change that with this plugin.

To-Do List: Nothing.

If you have any traffic police related requests please tell me and I'll consider adding it! Let me know your thoughts too.

Edited by Albo1125
Updated todolist

My YouTube: Click here. 

My Discord Server - https://discord.gg/0taiZvBSiw5qGAXU

Useful post? Let me and others know by clicking the Like button.
Check out my many script modifications! 
Having issues? LSPDFR Troubleshooter by Albo1125.

Speeding

Speeding is one of the most common reasons for a traffic ticket. Learn about the different types of speeding laws and find links to resources on state speeding laws and common penalties for speeding.

Distracted Driving

With the rise of cell phone use, distracted driving is at an all-time high. Learn about general distracted driving laws, driving while texting, handheld cell phone use laws, primary enforcement laws, and more.

Driving Without a Valid Driver's License

In every state, it’s unlawful to drive without a valid driver’s license. Find your state’s law related to driving without a license to learn about operating a vehicle without proof of license and the accompanying penalties.

Leaving the Scene of an Accident

Leaving the scene of an accident is a serious crime in most states, especially if anyone was injured in the crash. Learn about the elements of hit-and-run offenses and a driver’s duties after an accident.

Reckless Driving

Most states have laws prohibiting drivers from driving “recklessly” or with a “willful” disregard for the safety of others. This section provides information on acts that are considered reckless, like racing and eluding police.

Running a Red Light or Stop Sign

Running a red light or stop sign is one of the most dangerous offenses a driver can commit. Find your state’s traffic control signal laws to learn about the penalties involved and whether it’s lawful to turn on a red light.

Officer Bateman "Obey & Survive"

Paleto Bay Sheriff Dept.

0232 Paleto Blvd, North Blaine CountySan Andreas Tel: (555)-897-2839 

lightbar.gif

I'd love to do the VIP call and come across more speeders. That would be sweet. There are already vehicle accidents, but maybe vehicle fires or pile-ups that block highways (10 or so vehicles involved, or a giant semi-truck flipped would be SWEET).

1. Speeding. This was on everyone's list, and the reason is simple. The faster you go, the longer it takes to react to an unexpected situation, whether it's a pedestrian stepping into the street or another car making an unexpected lane change. Braking distances also increase as speed builds, and it takes about 120 feet for a vehicle to stop when it's traveling 60 mph. Speeding is common in the San Fernando Valley, which has 230 square miles of mostly wide, straight streets. As recently as the early 2000s, the area attracted frequent street races that played like scenes out of The Fast & The Furious and its sequels.

People are driving faster than they did in the past, particularly on the freeways in the busy area of south Los Angeles, notes Edward McElroy, a California Highway Patrol officer. "People seem impatient; their commutes are longer than ever before," McElroy says. CHP officers write tickets, particularly for speeding, in an attempt to control the "mileage death rate" — the number of people who die per freeway mile. That's a sobering thought.

An opinion on how far over the speed limit a driver can go without being pulled over: 5-7 mph "easy,"  The officers for this story confirmed that there's a "buffer," but added that the decision to cut a speeder some slack is up to the officer's discretion.

2. Illegal cell phone use. Distracted driving, usually because of texting or talking on a mobile phone, is high on the list of ticket bait developed by our experts. Although just a few states ban all cell phone use in cars, more than 30 have banned texting behind the wheel. "People think, 'I'll just make a quick call,' or 'This text will only take a second!"

Illegal cell phone use is common — and responsible for a lot of trouble.

3. Hazardous driving. This is a catch-all category for common violations that each of our experts noted. Wiles ticks off his favorites without hesitation: stop sign and stoplight violations, improper lane changes, illegal U-turns, failures to yield and unsafe speeds.  People who apparently have forgotten they're driving cars: They're busy shaving, eating and even changing clothes. And what exactly is the violation you're committing when you're changing clothes in a car? "Unsafe speed," he says. "There is no safe speed for pulling a shirt off over your head while driving."

4. Equipment violations. Everyone knows the movie scene where a cop smashes a taillight to justify a traffic stop. But in real life, there's little need for that, our experts say. People commit a multitude of code violations all on their own. Leading the list are heavily tinted windows, burned-out headlights, broken windshields, expired tags, the lack of a front license plate (in California and some other states) and loud exhaust modifications.

5. Following too closely and improper lane changes. This one was a tie. Both of these violations are forms of hazardous driving that our police sources specifically called out. Following too closely can easily cause accidents by shortening a driver's reaction time. Combine that with cell phone use or texting and it is a recipe for disaster, he says.

An improper lane change means cutting someone off or changing lanes without looking first, Bustos says. Failure to signal can also be added to this ticket, he says, but it usually doesn't initiate the traffic stop — partly because the failure to signal is so common.

A Traffic Cop Critic's List
Police officers aren't the only ones keeping track of what gets drivers in trouble. Some attention-getting moves that the police experts didn't mention, including:

• Cruising in the left lane of a multilane highway instead of using it only to pass slower traffic on the right
  • Driving more slowly than the normal traffic flow
  • Peeling out from a stoplight or stop sign, and squealing tires in general
  • Drag racing
  • Racking up lots of unpaid parking or traffic violations

These are thing that make your car stand out and catch an officer's eye.

Officer Bateman "Obey & Survive"

Paleto Bay Sheriff Dept.

0232 Paleto Blvd, North Blaine CountySan Andreas Tel: (555)-897-2839 

lightbar.gif

I like this, even though I hated when people ran red lights in LCPDFR (c'mon, right in front of me) and I enjoy that people don't do that anymore.

So, how about an .ini to enable and disable which of these ambient events occur? Or, for example, set how far away a driver should be from you before they consider running a red light, so that drivers wouldn't run red lights if you were right behind or next to them in a fully marked police vehicle.

It's amazing how well you're doing considering you haven't been modding for very long. I look forward to this mod being released. 

Edited by Ashkarn

I like this, even though I hated when people ran red lights in LCPDFR (c'mon, right in front of me) and I enjoy that people don't do that anymore.

So, how about an .ini to enable and disable which of these ambient events occur? Or, for example, set how far away a driver should be from you before they consider running a red light, so that drivers wouldn't run red lights if you were right behind or next to them in a fully marked police vehicle.

I was ddefinitely considering decreasing the chances of it occurring when you're in full view marked behind them. And ini file yes of course :) 

MobilePhoneSurprised.thumb.png.9af0ee88a

Yup, that call will have cost you 100$! ~Early Testing Image~

SpeederEvent78mph.thumb.png.c844549c6393

18 mph over the limit? Expect a ticket! ~Early Testing Image~

Edited by Albo1125

SpeederEvent76mph.thumb.png.7cbc672a7e12

Enjoy your day in court and your disqualification! ~Early Testing Image~

Edited by Albo1125

Unroadworthy.thumb.png.0a6744092e7110e82

No tyre, a smashed window and a smoking engine (not viewable as he's stationary)? Ticket & vehicle seized! ~Early Testing Image~

Unroadworthy.thumb.png.0a6744092e7110e82

No tyre, a smashed window and a smoking engine (not viewable as he's stationary)? Ticket & vehicle seized! ~Early Testing Image~

Now why would he go out in a nice car in that condition.

Now why would he go out in a nice car in that condition.

Some people are too lazy to fix their vehicles :unsure:

I'm glad to announce a collaboration with the popular breathalyzer mod by Qwerasdzxc!

DrunkDriver.thumb.png.dd9155fd152a583704

Oh dear...#drinkORdrive #disqualification ~Early Testing Image~

violentrape.thumb.png.accfd79372adeec222

Traffic policing doesn't come without its dangers..~Early Testing Image~

Just installed.

However, please see : 

//Default: ShowAmbientEventDescriptionMessage=false
ShowAmbientEventDescriptionMessage=false

Should this not be set to true as to display a message as to what the ANPR hit is for? 

Sgt. Aaron L Jackson - Davis Divison - Los Santos Police Department

* Usually found at the doughnut store with radio switched off.

Just installed.

However, please see : 

Should this not be set to true as to display a message as to what the ANPR hit is for? 

This describes an  ambient event. It tells you why a blipped vehicle is blipped: the driver may be using their phone for example. You can set that to true to help you see what's wrong with a vehicle.

ANPR Messages are always displayed as part of the callout.

Edited by Albo1125

Ah okay. So if a message isn't displayed i.e driver on their phone you could visually see it when you are behind them? 

Ah okay. So if a message isn't displayed i.e driver on their phone you could visually see it when you are behind them? 

Of course! The message exists only as an assisting tool. I recommend turning it off after a while for increased realism: just like in real life, traffic officers have to spot people on their phones: they can't rely on messages to tell them :tongue:

I'm with you now. I've not used it yet, but if it's anything like your more jail points mod, it will be perfect ;)

Of course! The message exists only as an assisting tool. I recommend turning it off after a while for increased realism: just like in real life, traffic officers have to spot people on their phones: they can't rely on messages to tell them :tongue:

They sorta can. In the state I live in, our state law enforcement agency has a campaign to report distracted and/or drivers using hand-held phones. So I think of the blips as an "in the area of" report. Would be cool if the blips appeared with a corresponding audio alert (that maybe could be disabled in the .ini).

Also, have you considered adding any parking enforcement interaction- if even a just an animation and notification when you issue a citation?  So many violators...:smile: (I love Police Radio but calling the tow truck for parking violators seems overkill after a while).